Mariology

Maxtar

The reasons you belittle me so much is because I post scriptures which reveals the truth about your institution. It is not me you are attacking, you are attacking God's word.

Give us your information on what happened in the Christian Church between the last Apostle who died and the great schism that occurred in the 11th century between the East and West?

balshan

Give us your information on what happened in the Christian Church between the last Apostle who died and the great schism that occurred in the 11th century between the East and West?
Your institution destroyed churches and their records. It did not love its brothers and sisters and worked for the roman emperor. Had it had some very weird popes like the cadaver pope. Tell me how was he like Peter? I like the schism that happened later when you had 3 popes all claiming to be the successor show what a joke the line of succession is and how it is not from God.

balshan

That is a dodge. Surely you can tell us the information that you have about the Christian Church and what happened between the two era's I asked about.
No dodge just the truth. Your institution isn't Christian because it does not follow Jesus. Your institution is not apostolic as it ignores most of the writings of the apostles. Yep I said very clearly you institution showed how it loved neigbours by killing them.

mica

mica said: - It wasn't 'founded' by Jesus, so who else would it be? men? women? children? mice? It's your religion, so why don't you know?

who is it that is the founder of false religions around the world?
If there is no proof that it was started by men, then you have to consider that it was founded by Jesus.
That might be the case, IF you don't believe scripture... and IF you do believe men instead of scripture, which is what catholics do.

Whatever your reasoning for it, it is wrong. the RCC was not 'founded' by Jesus.

He did not 'found' a church that teaches contrary to His own word.

Maxtar

Roman Catholic persecuting their neighbours:
There you go, just had to get that in there, didn't you?
The Roman church was a small community, and its bishop exercised little influence outside its members in the time of Constantine
There was but one Christian Church and it consisted of all the Christians then in this world. The head Bishop was in Rome and all looked to the Chair of Peter for guidance as the early Bishops tell us whose writings still exist today to verify this fact. I believe the term "Roman" that is used to describe the Church was added as a pejorative sometime in the middle Ages.

Last edited:

mica

are you saying that isn't true?

There was but one Christian Church and it consisted of all the Christians then in this world. The head Bishop was in Rome and all looked to the Chair of Peter for guidance as the early Bishops tell us whose writings still exist today to verify this fact. I believe the term "Roman" that is used to describe the Church was added as a pejorative sometime in the middle Ages.
that's true. It's the same today. His church, not the RCC.

balshan

No there wasn't as you see it. Your institution started in Rome. Before then they were individual groups, who were one because they were true believers, they did not need your false popes. I had to mention the truth about your institution, it is a fact that even some of your popes have now acknowledge. Those actions show it is not the one true church. The evidence is there throughout history for all to see.

True believers do not obey men, they do not follow a denomination. They follow Jesus and love Him and read scripture, which are His word. They develop a Christlike mind. It is not my fault you do not like the truth about your institution.

The one mind is Christ, the unity is Christ not a denomination which includes your mob.

John 17:21

That they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Col 1:18

And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.

Jesus is not a titular head. He is the only head of the body.

2 Tim 3:16

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

You see it says ALL scripture not some scripture. It never says ignore some scriptures.

Col 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Everything you do. Not some of the things you do.

2 Cor

We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ

Your institution prefers lofty opinions which are against God, it wallows in sin and does not have every thought captive to obey Christ. If it did then your pope would not do what he does, your leaders would not wallow in sin using Judas as an excuse.

Just some of the verses your institution ignores.

Last edited:

RiJoRi

I believe the term "Roman" that is used to describe the Church was added as a pejorative sometime in the middle Ages.
Nah. "Roman" is an adjective, describing the church's location. Paul's book of "Romans" was addressed to the church in Rome; Likewise for the other pastoral epistles. If "Roman" became a pejorative, it was only a result of Rome's actions.

balshan

Let's see your proof for this statement.
Your institution evil fruits vociferation/screams/shouts is Jesus is not its head. He has nothing to do with it.

Reposting 517

Really do you think that Jesus would have founded an institution that ignores scripture. Read what scripture says about reading and obeying God's word.

exod 24:7

Then he took the book of the covenant and read it in the hearing of the people; and they said, “All that the Lord has spoken we will do, and we will be obedient!”

rev 1:3

Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it; for the time is near.

Luke 6:46

Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you

acts 5:25

But Peter and the apostles answered, “
We must obey God rather than men

rev 22:18-19

I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.

Deut 4:

You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.

We know your RCC ignores scriptures, twists the words of scripture and add to the words, it also takes words away by ignoring them. So we know your institution is not of God but of man.

RayneBeau

It is for believers. it isn't for catholics.
Yes, without a doubt ALL focus should be on Jesus, but get a load of this - the Roman Catholic Church doesn't see it that way, in fact I've heard it said in Roman Catholicism that just as John the Baptist prepared the way for the first coming of Jesus, Mary prepares the way for His Second Coming! :rolleyes:

Maxtar

No there wasn't as you see it. Your institution started in Rome. Before then they were individual groups, who were one because they were true believers, they did not need your false popes. I had to mention the truth about your institution, it is a fact that even some of your popes have now acknowledge. Those actions show it is not the one true church. The evidence is there throughout history for all to see.

True believers do not obey men, they do not follow a denomination. They follow Jesus and love Him and read scripture, which are His word. They develop a Christlike mind. It is not my fault you do not like the truth about your institution.

The one mind is Christ, the unity is Christ not a denomination which includes your mob.

John 17:21

That they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Col 1:18

And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.

Jesus is not a titular head. He is the only head of the body.

2 Tim 3:16

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

You see it says ALL scripture not some scripture. It never says ignore some scriptures.

Col 3:17

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Everything you do. Not some of the things you do.

2 Cor

We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ

Your institution prefers lofty opinions which are against God, it wallows in sin and does not have every thought captive to obey Christ. If it did then your pope would not do what he does, your leaders would not wallow in sin using Judas as an excuse.

Just some of the verses your institution ignores.

I could have a modicum of respect for you if you at least acknowledged the true historical record of the Christin Church as I laid out for you, and then said that you didn't agree with what the RCC teaches about the Christian way and that you would rather just interpret the scriptures in your own manner so your would then be able to conduct your own religious affairs.

balshan

I could have a modicum of respect for you if you at least acknowledged the true historical record of the Christin Church as I laid out for you, and then said that you didn't agree with what the RCC teaches about the Christian way and that you would rather just interpret the scriptures in your own manner so your would then be able to conduct your own religious affairs.
I could have a modicum of respect for you if you at least acknowledge the revisionist history of your institution. No I post scripture and it shows your institution is not His church, FULL STOP. Your institution falsely interprets scripture and ignores most of scripture, don't talk to me about scripture. God clearly says we can understand scripture without your evil institution.

By the way your love is oozing through, we can feel the love.

balshan

There was no head bishop and no one others than the pretenders looked to the chair of Peter. What a joke, did Peter pull this chair through Asia Minor etc. Did Peter have people bowing to him and kissing his big ring. No the name Rome was added because of where it began and to differentiate it from the real churches.

balshan

By the way I don't care about what people think, just Jesus. Your constant insults show me what type of person you are.

Maxtar

By the way I don't care about what people think, just Jesus. Your constant insults show me what type of person you are.

As your constant diatribes against Catholics and the Catholic faith tradition show the type of person you are.

balshan

As your constant diatribes against Catholics and the Catholic faith tradition show the type of person you are.
No personal attacks, just the truth about your institution. You show by your diatribes against me that your words about loving your neighbour mean nothing and you do not want to know the truth about your institution. I do not do it against RCs, but I do speak out against your institution which is not a faith tradition but has a scandal tradition and a lack of respect for believers.

Your constant ad hominems tell us a lot. You show me that the reason I left was correct and that nothing has changed except the words used by the RCC. Its attitude to non RCs is still the same as when I was an RC and it was a false attitude.

Last edited:

mica

iow, you have respect for others who believe the false teachings you tell them with your 2nd hand info? Even when they know what you're telling them isn't God's truth and that you got your info from false teachers? And then they also lie about what they do believe and why they believe it because you think they should respond that way. that does sound very catholic to me.

Who is it that you think believers account to - you and the RCC or God?

that's your idea of something to respect? no surprise then that you are so accepting of the lies taught to you by the RCC.

RayneBeau

The garment around her neck suggests holiness. Note the absence of this in the pagan image you posted.
God's Law is an expression of His holiness, not some garment around His neck suggesting that He is holy. God is the one whose holiness forgives sins and shows forth His incomparable mercy, righteousness and justice - not Mary - nor is Mary in any way, shape or form, a substitute who will ever take or in any manner ever equal His Son's place.

Last edited: