Martin Luther and false doctrine on infant baptism.

Paul writes that we are justified by faith apart from works of the Law. But faith is only as good as Whom it is based upon. So we are justified by faith in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Simple. God justifies us through faith in His Son. So you and Nic are both correct.

The Anabaptist Balthasar Hubmaier died today in 1528, burned at the stake in Vienna for his views on baptism. Three days later his wife was thrown into the Danube with a stone tied around her neck to drown.
Thanks in advance for scriptures calling for burning at stake.

Thanks in advance for why a man's death in Vienna, in 1528, is relevant on a board which topic is the Evangelical Church, or Lutheran Church. Hint: The Augsburg Confession was 1530 and legal status of the Evangelical faith was another eleven years away.

Reactions: Nic
The word being translated as justified is passive. Passive is passive, whether a one year old child or an adult, the declaration of justified by God through faith, or by or from faith as the point of origin, in Christ is the gift and work of God for the sinner.
In the same way, the car is likewise passive in a car wash.?

The Anabaptist Balthasar Hubmaier died today in 1528, burned at the stake in Vienna for his views on baptism. Three days later his wife was thrown into the Danube with a stone tied around her neck to drown.​
I don't wish to seem to lack empathy and so you are right about the senseless death yet you are ignoring some 1600 years of history. Civil authorities, citizenship and the integration of the church in these societies and longed understood and practice of Christian doctrine namely baptism and public revelation post the message once delivered to the saints.
For the record, I have in the past discovered some odd "Lutheran" churches that act autonomous with the local church not dissimilar to modern day Baptist churches. Occasionally within these you find the even more peculiar "charismatic-Lutheran" church assembly. In my view these would be Lutheran in name only. I discovered these rare satellite communities online maybe 20 years ago and they still exists but I haven't looked since then. But thanks for posting, previously I never heard of this individual nor his wife and their tragic end.

Lutheranism is just Catholic lite. Infant Baptism occurs, and I hear that confession is practiced as well.

A sacrament is simply something Jesus commanded we do, connected to a physical element, through which we receive His grace. Therefore, there are only two. The word is just used to label these ordinances. Just as we have words we use to label a teaching in the Bible, like "Incarnation", Trinity/Triune Godhead", vicarious atonement." Note: this is not the only means of grace. But it is one of them, and we have God's word on it.

"Baptism does NOW SAVE you...through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ" as Peter says in his first epistle. It is a means of grace. The HS can work faith in a person before or after Holy Baptism.

The HS can work faith in a baby as well as a child, or an adult. Look what He did to the unborn John the Baptist.

We do not limit how and when and by what the HS works faith in a person's heart. Simple as that. :)
Oh no, am I seeing a disconnect here between Lutherans and other Non-Catholic Christians?

Back