Matthew 6:9 does not forbid praying to the Lord Jesus

Which proves Jesus is God for God alone knows the hearts of all.

And this is what distinguishes YHWH from all of His creation.
Sorry but God is the only recipient for the prayers but he is so through his only mediator between himself and man, the man Christ Jesus.

For instance, more than once Jesus very clearly told us that the words that he would speak to us are all from the Father and not from himself and therefore the prayers would also be passed on through Jesus unto the Father who knows the hearts of all men.

By the way, God can also reveal what he knows unto Jesus as his mediator as well and he did this many times when Jesus walked this earth also but he didn't reveal everything to him and this is proven from Jesus' own words in Matthew 24:36.

Therefore you have proven nothing by your ridiculous stubborn arguments from the flesh but only that you are not nearly as wise as you would like to think you are.

By the way, the fact that Jesus didn't have perfect omniscience is proven by his own words in Matthew 23:36 when he said that not only did he not know the day or hour of the end of the Age and his own return but that only the Father does.

Which would eliminate him from knowing no matter what nature of your ridiculous hypostatic union you would want to argue this from.

For Only the Father knows, means exactly that, Only the Father knows period.

By the way, the Father Yahweh even used his omniscience as the one thing that separates him from any other that would be called god or gods and here is where he says so in Isaiah 46:9-10 below.

Isaiah 46:
9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.

10 I make known the end from the beginning,

from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,

and I will do all that I please.’

Now here is what Jesus said about himself and God and which agrees totally with what God said himself in the verses above.

Matthew 24:36, "but of that day and hour, no man knows, not the angels, nor the Son, but THE FATEHR ONLY"

Therefore argue about it all you want, but the Father is The Only True God and just like Jesus said in John 17:3 and just like these two passages of the Bible also reveal in the above and there is no way around this for you either.

For you will either deal with it here while you still have the breath of life to be able to, or you will at the GWT judgment, but you will deal with it and that is a fact.

What's the "big difference"?
The difference is that it is only through Jesus that anyone can be accept into God's heavenly kingdom after the resurrection of the dead, that is the difference.

Furthermore and once again, all prayers have to pass through God's human mediator between himself and man and Paul called his mediator a man and not a God man.

Sorry but God is the only recipient for the prayers but he is so through his only mediator between himself and man, the man Christ Jesus.

But you already admitted the Lord Jesus is being addressed by people in post 32.
And both instances refer to praying "to" Him.

The difference is that it is only through Jesus that anyone can be accept into God's heavenly kingdom after the resurrection of the dead, that is the difference.

Furthermore and once again, all prayers have to pass through God's human mediator between himself and man and Paul called his mediator a man and not a God man.
See post 43.

But you already admitted the Lord Jesus is being addressed by people in post 32.
And both instances refer to praying "to" Him.
You are not paying attention dude, for I also said that the prayers pass through him unto God as the only mediator between God and man.

God just urged me to look at the context of the passage in 1 Timothy 2:5 and guess what he showed me about it hot shot?

The context where Paul said this,
"there is one God and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus", is all about prayer and intercession and therefore Jesus is the only mediator of all intercessions and prayers that the saints make unto God and he is so as a man and just like Paul also says.

Here it is below.

1 Timothy 2:1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.

Very clearly in the above Paul speaks of Jesus as the mediator in context with the prayers and intercession that he speaks of right before this and then also again reveals why he is in verse 6 when he says "who gave himself as a ransom for all people"

Therefore Jesus has earned this right from God, that all prayer and intercession would be made to God through himself as also a man and as the only mediator between God and man and just like the passage proves in the above also.

Therefore your argument about Jesus having to be God in order to receive the prayers of the saints for God is worthless completely, give it up already for you are involve in idolatrous worship and worship to a false god and christ also.

I also said that the prayers pass through him unto God as the only mediator between God and man.
Thus, proving He is God (see post 39).

Just to clue you in on something, I don't read all of your long-winded posts. Perhaps a few lines, because I don't want to be exposed to so much garbage.

Thus, proving He is God (see post 39).

Just to clue you in on something, I don't read all of your long-winded posts. Perhaps a few lines, because I don't want to be exposed to so much garbage.
Sorry but that is wrong and your words in the last sentence are what make you a fool also, for you think that you know it all already when you obviously don't and therefore on that note, I am going to put in you ignore.

So you can yap away all you want but I will not read any of your post because I will not even see them, for you are now on ignore for I don't converse with arrogant people like you.

However, I will pray for you, but you should be forewarned, for I don't molly coddle false teachers with my prayers any more than I do with my debates with them and I will let you figure out what I mean by that.

Revelation 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy "ἁγιασθήτω", let him be holy "ἁγιασθήτω" still.

Take note, the actual word and in the same form and grammar is also used for those who are made holy by God in Revelation 22:11, therefore so much for yet another of your ridiculous arguments coming out of your carnal human reasoning.

Therefore you have proven nothing by any of this but it is just another worthless argument.
What a terrible argument you presented. Being "holy" is not applied unto people where they are referred to as "Lord" based on an Old Testament text about the worship of YHWH. This is what 1 Peter 3:15 does in reference to Jesus (cf. Isaiah 8:13).

Get a clue.

Last edited:
What a terrible argument you presented. Being "holy" is not applied unto people where they are referred to as "Lord" based on an Old Testament text about the worship of YHWH. This is what 1 Peter 3:15 does in reference to Jesus (cf. Isaiah 8:13).

Get a clue.
The only clue you could possibly give to anyone would be the revelation, that you don't know what you are talking about.

For once again, Jesus was made everything that he is by God himself and that includes him being "Lord" "Kurios" just under himself as "LORD" Yahweh the Almighty God and just like I just revealed from the actual scripture in my last reply unto your false doctrines on this.

Get the point of the Sword of the Spirit!

John 5:23
John 5:23
so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. (NASB)
One of the ways the Lord Jesus honored the Father (John 8:49) was by worshiping Him (Matthew 11:25). Since the Father is honored by our worship of Him so too then the Son is honored by our worship of Him. Refusal to render worship unto the Son dishonors Him and the Father.
a. Expository Dictionary of Bible Words: Honoring God in the sense of worshiping and reverencing him in a right spirit is affirmed in John 5:23. This attitude is perfectly illustrated by Jesus' honoring his heavenly Father in John 8:49 (Expository Dictionary of Bible Words, Honor - τιμάω, page 407, Stephen D. Renn).
b. A. T. Robertson: Jesus claims here the same right to worship from men that the Father has. Dishonoring Jesus is dishonoring the Father who sent him (8:49; 12:26; 15:23; 1 John 2:23). See also Luke 10:16. There is small comfort here for those who praise Jesus as teacher and yet deny his claims to worship.
https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/revelation-5/

Notice also that when we juxtapose John 5:23 with Revelation 5:13 we see a perfect example of the Father and Son being equally honored in the worship ascribed to them.
All will honor the Son even as they honor the Father = To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be...honor...forever and ever.
Worshiping the Lord Jesus will never end.
Charles Spurgeon: Depend upon it, my hearer, you never will go to heaven unless you are prepared to worship Jesus Christ as God. They are all doing it there: you will have to come to it, and if you entertain the notion that he is a mere man, or that he is anything less than God, I am afraid you will have to begin at the beginning and learn what true religion means. You have a poor foundation to rest upon.
http://www.studylight.org/commentaries/guz/revelation-5.html

2 Tim 4:18
2 Timothy 4:18
The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. (NASB)
The doxology in Galatians 1:5 to the Father corresponds with the doxology in 2 Timothy 4:18 to the the Lord Jesus. Both are proper recipients of worship.
ᾧ ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν (Galatians 1:5)
ᾧ ἡ δόξα εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν (2 Timothy 4:18)

Last edited:
It does, because if Jesus was YHWH, then there would be no need to pray to the Father.

Your theology involves a less than frank attempt to do away with the Father by substituting Jesus for the Father, using the OId Testament YHWH name.

In fact YHWH denotes the Father, as may be easily seen from Psa 110:1
What we see here from Paul is that he equates Jesus as the source of grace and peace with the Father. Paul clearly identifies Jesus as equal with the Father and expresses His Deity with these invocations in his epistles. Not only is this a prayer from Paul but an act of worship in Paul's letters. Paul is giving Jesus the identical same honor to Jesus as he does to the Father. After all Jesus in His very own words commanded others to honor Him as you do the Father(John 5:23) Jesus thought equality with God was not something He needed to grasp for it was inherent within His nature.(Phil 2,Col 1,John 1, Heb 1, 1 John 1 etc.....) He was God in the flesh(John 1:1,14) and ( Col 1:19;2:9). He said he who has seen Me has seen the Father and I and the Father are one. Why would you ask to show you the Father ? You are looking at God!!!!!!! Jesus also said before Abraham was born " I Am" ( the self existing One, with no beginning). The case for the deity of Christ is bullet proof in scripture.

Rom 1:7
7 to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ

1 Cor 1:3
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Cor 1:2
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Gal 1:3-4
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,

Eph 1:1-2

Phil 1:2

2 Thess 1:1-2
To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: 2 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Philem 3
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

A Doxology is reserved for God. Below we the Son mentioned in the Doxologies and opening of some of the N.T. letters. The NT declares that honor and glory are due to God alone. Some doxologies only mention Christ which speaks volumes about what the Apostles thought about Him and His Glory as God. The clear fact is Jesus receives the identical glory that the Father receives. These passages also make it abundantly clear of Christ’s pre existence and glory prior to creation(see John 17:5 below). He is therefore eternal just as the Father is eternal. Jesus received the Worship and Glory while on the earth and in Revelation receives the same honor,glory,praise and worship the Father receives in heaven. Jesus must be God Incarnate, in the flesh !

2 Tim 4:18
18 The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Phil 4:20
20 Now to our God and Father be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

Gal 1:3-5
3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be the glory forevermore. Amen.

Eph 3:16-21
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Rom 9:5
Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Rom 16:25-27
25 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery which has been kept secret for long ages past, 26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith; 27 to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory forever. Amen.

2 Cor 13:14
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

1 Thess 5:19-28
Do not put out the Spirit's fire; 20 do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22 Avoid every kind of evil.
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
25 Brothers, pray for us. 26 Greet all the brothers with a holy kiss. 27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

2 Tim 4:22
The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you.

Philem 25
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

Heb 13:20-21
May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Jude 24-25
24 Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, 25 to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

1 Peter 5:14
Peace to all of you who are in Christ.

2 Peter 1:1
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

1 John 5:20-21
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true — even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
21 Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.

Rev 5:11-14
11 Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice,

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."

13 And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying,

"To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever."

14 And the four living creatures kept saying, "Amen." And the elders fell down and worshiped.

Rev 22:17-21
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.

hope this helps !!!

Why don't you post every place in the scriptures where you think that Jesus is actually being prayed to?

I will bet you will find very few verses that even come close to revealing this,

Every author of the New Testament affirmed the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer (worship). This demonstrates every New Testament author believed the Lord Jesus is God.

Matthew (26:63-64), Mark (14:61-62), and Luke (22:69-70)

Luke (The Book of Acts)

John (Revelation 5:9)
https://forums.carm.org/threads/invocation-worship-and-prayer.6643/#post-531799

Paul (Romans 10:12-14; 1 Corinthians 1:2; 2 Timothy 2:22)

Hebrews 1:6 (author unknown)
And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says,
“Let all God’s angels worship him.” (ESV)
https://forums.carm.org/threads/who-is-the-god-of-jesus-christ.1678/page-24#post-605181

James (James 5:13-15)
(13) Is anyone among you suffering? Then he must pray. Is anyone cheerful? He is to sing praises.
(14) Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
(15) and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him. (NASB)
1. Robert Reymond: James also speaks of Jesus as "the Lord"...who, as such, is the One in whose name Christians are to pray and who answers their prayers (5:13-14), who heals and forgives (5:14-15), and whose coming Christians are patiently to await (5:7-8) (Jesus, Divine Messiah, page 282).
2. Exegetical Dictionary of the New Testament (EDNT): According to v. 14 anointing of the sick should be carried out "in the name of the Lord," i.e., probably, on the summons of and appeal to the Christ who heals the sick (cf. v. 15b) (2:521, onoma, L. Hartman).

Peter (2 Peter 3:18)

Jude (Jude 1:1)
Christians are slaves of Christ which means they worship Him.

Plenty of more evidence can be supplied, but the above should suffice.

Last edited:
In Matt 6:13, Jesus is talking about the proper recipient of prayer.

Great, because praying to the Father (Matthew 6:9, 13) corresponds with praying to the Lord Jesus (2 Thessalonians 3:1-3; 2 Timothy 4:18).

Matthew 6:9, 13
(9) Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.
(13) And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. (HCSB)

2 Thessalonians 3:1-3
(1) Finally, brothers, pray for us that the Lord's message may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you,
(2) and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not all have faith.
(3) But the Lord is faithful; He will strengthen and guard you from the evil one. (HCSB)

Praying (proseuchomai) to the Father for deliverance (rhyomai) from evil (ponēros) corresponds with praying (proseuchomai) to the Lord Jesus for deliverance (rhyomai) from evil (ponēros).

Note further how the Lord Jesus is able to give strength to His people (3:3) as the Lord of peace in blessing them with peace (3:16).
This connects to what is affirmed about the Lord (YHWH) in the Old Testament.
2 Thessalonians 3:3, 16
(3) But the Lord is faithful; He will strengthen and guard you from the evil one.
(16) May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you. (HCSB)
Psalm 29:11
The LORD gives His people strength;
the LORD blesses His people with peace. (HCSB)

Just as Paul prayed to the Father in Galatians 1:5, so too he prays to the Lord Jesus in 2 Timothy 4:18 (see post 52).
The Lord will rescue (rhyomai) me from every evil (ponēros) evil work and will bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever! Amen. (HCSB)

Last edited:
Great, because praying to the Father (Matthew 6:9, 13) corresponds with praying to the Lord Jesus (2 Thessalonians 3:1-3; 2 Timothy 4:18).

Matthew 6:9, 13
(9) Therefore, you should pray like this: Our Father in heaven, Your name be honored as holy.
(13) And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. (HCSB)

2 Thessalonians 3:1-3
(1) Finally, brothers, pray for us that the Lord's message may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you,
(2) and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men, for not all have faith.
(3) But the Lord is faithful; He will strengthen and guard you from the evil one. (HCSB)

Praying (proseuchomai) to the Father for deliverance (rhyomai) from evil (ponēros) corresponds with praying (proseuchomai) to the Lord Jesus for deliverance (rhyomai) from evil (ponēros).

Note further how the Lord Jesus is able to give strength to His people (3:3) as the Lord of peace in blessing them with peace (3:16).
This connects to what is affirmed about the Lord (YHWH) in the Old Testament.
2 Thessalonians 3:3, 16
(3) But the Lord is faithful; He will strengthen and guard you from the evil one.
(16) May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you. (HCSB)
Psalm 29:11
The LORD gives His people strength;
the LORD blesses His people with peace. (HCSB)

Just as Paul prayed to the Father in Galatians 1:5, so too he prays to the Lord Jesus in 2 Timothy 4:18 (see post 52).
The Lord will rescue (rhyomai) me from every evil (ponēros) evil work and will bring me safely into His heavenly kingdom. To Him be the glory forever and ever! Amen. (HCSB)
I really can't be bothered wihth your OBSESSION with praying to the Lord Jesus.

Suffice it to say, there is nothing in what you have written to change the instructions that Jesus left to his disciples.

I really can't be bothered

And yet you responded.

wihth your OBSESSION with praying to the Lord Jesus.

R. T. France: It is striking first to note the 'definition' of Christians in 1 Corinthians 1:2 as 'those who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ'. Not only does the phrase itself indicate that prayer to Jesus was a normal and distinguishing characteristic of Christians in the 50's, but 'to call on the name of the Lord' is a regular OT formula for worship and prayer offered to God (Gen. 4:26, 13:4; Ps. 105:1; Jer. 10:25; Joel 2:32, etc.) ("The Worship of Jesus - A Neglected Factor In Christological Debate?", Vox Evangelica 12, c.1981, page 28).

1 Kings 8:38-39
whatever prayer...is made...then hear in heaven....for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men (NASB)
God "alone" fully knows the hearts of all, so God "alone" is the proper recipient of prayer.
It would take only one example where the Bible teaches the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer to demonstrate He is God. Just one. Since the Bible teaches quite a few examples of this leaves no doubt that He is God.
1. New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (NIDOTTE): To pray is an act of faith in the almighty and gracious God who responds to the prayers of his people. (4:1062, Prayer, P. A. Verhoef)
2. New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (NIDNTT): In prayer we are never to forget whom we are addressing: the living God, the almighty one with whom nothing is impossible, and from whom therefore all things may be expected. (2:857, Prayer, H. Schonweiss)

Last edited:
And yet you responded.

R. T. France: It is striking first to note the 'definition' of Christians in 1 Corinthians 1:2 as 'those who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ'. Not only does the phrase itself indicate that prayer to Jesus was a normal and distinguishing characteristic of Christians in the 50's, but 'to call on the name of the Lord' is a regular OT formula for worship and prayer offered to God (Gen. 4:26, 13:4; Ps. 105:1; Jer. 10:25; Joel 2:32, etc.) ("The Worship of Jesus - A Neglected Factor In Christological Debate?", Vox Evangelica 12, c.1981, page 28).

1 Kings 8:38-39
whatever prayer...is made...then hear in heaven....for You alone know the hearts of all the sons of men (NASB)
God "alone" fully knows the hearts of all, so God "alone" is the proper recipient of prayer.
It would take only one example where the Bible teaches the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of prayer to demonstrate He is God. Just one. Since the Bible teaches quite a few examples of this leaves no doubt that He is God.
1. New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis (NIDOTTE): To pray is an act of faith in the almighty and gracious God who responds to the prayers of his people. (4:1062, Prayer, P. A. Verhoef)
2. New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (NIDNTT): In prayer we are never to forget whom we are addressing: the living God, the almighty one with whom nothing is impossible, and from whom therefore all things may be expected. (2:857, Prayer, H. Schonweiss)
As Jesus said, "Whatever you ask [the Father] for in my name, I will do it."

This is what he said, and this is what he meant: "in the name of Jesus."

John 14:14
If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. (NASB)

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT): The unity of the Son with the Father finds expressions in the fact that prayer in the name of Jesus can be directed to either Father or Son (5:276, onoma, Hans Bietenhard).

https://forums.carm.org/threads/jesus-was-made-lord-acts-2-36.7435/page-4#post-507300
Asking for something "in Jesus name" is to ask Jesus. But the form of address is to the Father, because the Father is the head of Jesus. 1 Cor 11:3. If you don't ackowledge it, you know nothing and are just perverse, like the men in Acts trying to expel demons in the name of Jesus, but not succeeding, because they didn't understand who Jesus was. Act 19:15

Back