Meaning of John 6:43-44

I'm pleased that you finally came around to the fact that is, "your very own revelation." and not something common like E=MC^2 as you stated.
I'm glad you think I gave you an Einstein revelation.

My brilliance is showing.

However revelations of Christ cannot come from me.

No matter how brilliant you consider me, silly

I'm glad you think I gave you an Einstein revelation.

My brilliance is showing.

However revelations of Christ cannot come from me.

No matter how brilliant you consider me, silly
Why are you talking like Tercon all of a sudden?

Is that your conspiracy?

Sorry, don't know the guy. I am familiar with stiggy, that's about it. I thought nobody listens to me?
Tercon is the "Only a believing mind can reveal to you the truth of reality, silly", guy. He coined the "silly" postscript on about every post he makes.

Tercon is the "Only a believing mind can reveal to you the truth of reality, silly", guy. He coined the "silly" postscript on about every post he makes.
I'm pretty old and have been doin this for many years, I dispute the silly claim. :D

But hey, whatevs, I give you revelations and I give others taglines

I'm pretty old and have been doin this for many years, I dispute the silly claim. :D

But hey, whatevs, I give you revelations and I give others taglines
I am truly blessed then. :D.... but you are late to the game. The revelation that I'm silly was forced on me only weeks after I first met my wife. That was over 25 years ago.

Told ya!

Pfft. Mine declared me silly nearly four decades ago. Good job on 25, men don't stand a chance of being normal without being declared silly
40! Kudos.... I found little room left for God's humility once she took that charge.... maybe that was the turning point. :D A man can only survive so much exposure to his sin and folly at a time.

What about the statement, "I'm here to challenge my thinking on Christianity", do you not understand?
I understand it is a silly statement...If you challenge your own thinking about something you know little about, it is not much of a challenge. You need to allow others who have knowledge about the subject, to challenge your thinking.

I understand it is a silly statement...If you challenge your own thinking about something you know little about, it is not much of a challenge.
And you could not be more vapid than you are being right now. I am here trade ideas with Christians.
You need to allow others who have knowledge about the subject, to challenge your thinking.
And you not being a Christian don't possess the level of commitment to that doctrine that I am seeking to engage with.

is that an admission of doing it in one of those places?

that would be a result of your lack of understanding...
I strongly disagree with your response. Your dismissive and confrontational tone is not productive or conducive to a healthy discussion.

Furthermore, your assumption that my alleged lack of understanding is the reason for my comment is unfounded and dismissive. It is possible that I had a legitimate concern or question, and it is important to engage with me in a respectful and open-minded manner.

In order to have a meaningful conversation, it is important to avoid making assumptions or attacking the other person's intelligence. Instead, we should strive to listen to each other's perspectives and address any misunderstandings with patience and respect.

I urge you to reconsider your approach to discussions and to engage with others in a more respectful and constructive manner.

And you could not be more vapid than you are being right now.
Which is not so bad since I won't be able to be as vapid as you
I am here trade ideas with Christians.
Trade ideas about what? You are an atheist
And you not being a Christian don't possess the level of commitment to that doctrine that I am seeking to engage with.
God did not call anyone to be a Christian. Unbelievers call those who believe in Jesus Christians. Pseudo-believers think that it is a good thing to be called a Christian. Therefore you are seeking to engage with pseudo-believers.

I strongly disagree with your response. Your dismissive and confrontational tone is not productive or conducive to a healthy discussion.
You are free to have your opinion.
Furthermore, your assumption that my alleged lack of understanding is the reason for my comment is unfounded and dismissive.
Actually, your comment says that you didn't understand...
Lucian said:
I can't parse this question, I'm afraid.
Lucian said:
It was question as a whole that was unclear.
It is possible that I had a legitimate concern or question, and it is important to engage with me in a respectful and open-minded manner.
If you did you would have asked your legitimate question.
In order to have a meaningful conversation, it is important to avoid making assumptions or attacking the other person's intelligence.
agreeing with someone that they don't understand is not attacking their intelligence.
Instead, we should strive to listen to each other's perspectives and address any misunderstandings with patience and respect.
Sir, you are the one who claimed to not understand, yet refuse to accept my explanation about lying by omission.
I urge you to reconsider your approach to discussions and to engage with others in a more respectful and constructive manner.
Sir, you are the one who accused me of calumny.

You are free to have your opinion.

Actually, your comment says that you didn't understand...
Lucian said:
Lucian said:

If you did you would have asked your legitimate question.

agreeing with someone that they don't understand is not attacking their intelligence.

Sir, you are the one who claimed to not understand, yet refuse to accept my explanation about lying by omission.

Sir, you are the one who accused me of calumny.
I must respectfully disagree with your statement that "you are free to have your opinion." While it is true that individuals have the right to hold their own opinions, it is important to recognize that not all opinions are equal. In order to engage in productive discourse and arrive at a meaningful conclusion, we must be willing to examine and critique our own opinions as well as those of others.

Your assertion that my comment indicates a lack of understanding is unfounded. It is possible to understand a statement and still disagree with it. In fact, it is essential to do so in order to engage in critical thinking and arrive at a well-informed conclusion.

Furthermore, agreeing with someone that they do not understand is not necessarily an attack on their intelligence. However, it is important to approach such a situation with empathy and understanding, rather than making assumptions or accusations.

Regarding your explanation about lying by omission, it is important to consider the context and implications of such a statement. While withholding information can sometimes be seen as a form of deception, it is not always malicious or intentional. It is possible for individuals to inadvertently omit important details or to simply not have all the information at hand.

Finally, your accusation of calumny is unwarranted and unsupported by evidence. In order to engage in productive discourse, it is important to refrain from making baseless accusations and instead focus on the facts at hand.

Trade ideas about what? You are an atheist
Why would you want to engage in an exchange of ideas with an atheist given that logic? You are a theist.
God did not call anyone to be a Christian. Unbelievers call those who believe in Jesus Christians. Pseudo-believers think that it is a good thing to be called a Christian. Therefore you are seeking to engage with pseudo-believers.
Fine. Go argue with them first. I’m here to exchange ideas with pseudo-believers then.

I never made any claim about wanting to exchange ideas, you did.
Then I misunderstood how you were going to try to achieve...
"I am educating the ignorant about the supreme God"
Is it a Vulcan mind-meld kinda thingy you do? However you plan to achieve the above - let’s see it. No exchanging ideas now... I must see this new method in action.
How would you know the difference?
You just told me.

I must respectfully disagree with your statement that "you are free to have your opinion."
You just used your freedom to have your opinion so why are you disagreeing with it?
While it is true that individuals have the right to hold their own opinions,
So why do you disagree with it?
it is important to recognize that not all opinions are equal.
I did not make that claim. You are arguing about something totally different
In order to engage in productive discourse and arrive at a meaningful conclusion, we must be willing to examine and critique our own opinions as well as those of others.
How does that negate the fact that you are free to have your own opinion?
Your assertion that my comment indicates a lack of understanding is unfounded.
You claimed that you did not understand sir...
Lucian said:
Lucian said:
It is possible to understand a statement and still disagree with it.
Lucian said:
Lucian said:
In fact, it is essential to do so in order to engage in critical thinking and arrive at a well-informed conclusion.
Lucian said:
Lucian said:
Furthermore, agreeing with someone that they do not understand is not necessarily an attack on their intelligence.
then I did not attack your intelligence as you claim
However, it is important to approach such a situation with empathy and understanding, rather than making assumptions or accusations.
Lucian said:
Lucian said:

I said you lacked understanding...because you said you couldn't parse the question and the question was unclear. I did not accuse or assume anything.
Regarding your explanation about lying by omission, it is important to consider the context and implications of such a statement. While withholding information can sometimes be seen as a form of deception, it is not always malicious or intentional.
I did not say it was always malicious or intentional. In your example, you clearly said you withheld information for a specific reason... That is intentional.
It is possible for individuals to inadvertently omit important details or to simply not have all the information at hand.
Which was not the case in your example.
Finally, your accusation of calumny is unwarranted and unsupported by evidence.
You made the accusation sir...post#126
I’ve admitted no such thing. You should withdraw this calumny.
This is your post
In order to engage in productive discourse, it is important to refrain from making baseless accusations and instead focus on the facts at hand.
You should take your own advice...

Then I misunderstood how you were going to try to achieve...
"I am educating the ignorant about the supreme God"
Nothing in that post says exchanging ideas...
Is it a Vulcan mind-meld kinda thingy you do?
Nope, it is simply explaining what the scripture actually mean
However you plan to achieve the above - let’s see it.
First you have to believe that God exists...
No exchanging ideas now...
Then don't try to exchange your ideas just read and believe
I must see this new method in action.
First, you must believe that God exists. Do you believe that God exists?
You just told me.
I told you there are believers and pseudo believers...I did not tell you how you would know the difference...Since you are claiming I told you please explain how you know the difference.

Nothing in that post says exchanging ideas...

Nope, it is simply explaining what the scripture actually mean

First you have to believe that God exists...

Then don't try to exchange your ideas just read and believe

First, you must believe that God exists. Do you believe that God exists?
No.
I told you there are believers and pseudo believers...I did not tell you how you would know the difference...Since you are claiming I told you please explain how you know the difference.
You said God did not call anyone to be a Christian. Unbelievers call those who believe in Jesus Christians. Pseudo-believers think that it is a good thing to be called a Christian. Ergo, people that think it is good to be called a Christian are how I should know.

Your logic, not mine. You put out a real Professor Irwin Corey vibe. Does that work for you anywhere?

Last edited:
Back