Meaning of words

Okay. That's what it's not. So what is God's soverignty?
The Ruler over creation. No definition of Sovereign means controls. Thats calvinism changing its meaning to suit their doctrine.

The dictionary defines sovereign:

1. Paramount; supreme.
2. Having supreme rank or power.
3. Independent: a sovereign state.
4. Excellent.

notice above that not a single one of these definitions means that God controls everything, that is the Calvinist spin on the word not the definition .

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey once again we see the following :

when you cannot win , one resorts to ad hominem

The Ruler over creation. No definition of Sovereign means controls. Thats calvinism changing its meaning to suit their doctrine.

1. Paramount; supreme.
4. Excellent.

notice above that not a single one of these definitions means that God controls everything, that is the Calvinist spin on the word not the definition .

hope this helps !!!
A ruler has control. ??? Exactly

Next

A ruler has control. ??? Exactly

Next
no they don't find that in a dictionary :love:

thats calvinists making up their own definition. :love:

thanks once again for proving my point- this is getting way to easy.

hope this helps !!!

no they don't find that in a dictionary :love:

thats calvinists making up their own definition. :love:

thanks once again for proving my point- this is getting way to easy.

hope this helps !!!
What does it mean to be a ruler genius? Functionally what does a ruler do? I feel like I'm teaching 1rst grade

1. Paramount; supreme.
4. Excellent.

hope this helps !!!
bump for @Reformedguy

next

read the definition in my previous post I tagged you in, post #49

read the 4 definitions lol :)

and if you don't understand those then google them :)

1. Paramount; supreme.
4. Excellent.

hope this helps !!!

It does mean control to the extent that is established in reality. While it maybe an indirect event, it is the Sovereign action of God to allow all things to be as they are.

Which why we don't get to say to God.... "why have you made me this way".

As much as I have tried over the years to get Arminians to recognize this fact, it is often lost on them.

Just how does the ability to choose certain things within a "construct" such as this life we life..... grant absolute freedom to man? Man must still operate within the boundaries defined by God. There is no such thing as the absence of boundaries. Consider "Sovereignty" to be those boundaries.

It does mean control to the extent that is established in reality. While it maybe an indirect event, it is the Sovereign action of God to allow all things to be as they are.

Which why we don't get to say to God.... "why have you made me this way".

As much as I have tried over the years to get Arminians to recognize this fact, it is often lost on them.

Just how does the ability to choose certain things within a "construct" such as this life we life..... grant absolute freedom to man? Man must still operate within the boundaries defined by God. There is no such thing as the absence of boundaries. Consider "Sovereignty" to be those boundaries.
I agree with most of the above and that God within those " boundries " has given man the ability to choose to do His will, obey it or reject it without coercion with his free will to choose.

Psalm 22:28
for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations.

Notice to rule does not mean meticulous predetermined control as the calvinist falsely teaches and adds to the definition of rule and sovereign lol.

Strong's Concordance
mashal: to rule, have dominion, reign
Original Word: מָשַׁל
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: mashal
Phonetic Spelling: (maw-shal')
Definition: to rule, have dominion, reign

hope this helps !!!

Psalm 22:28
for dominion belongs to the LORD and he rules over the nations.

Notice to rule does not mean meticulous predetermined control as the calvinist falsely teaches and adds to the definition of rule and sovereign lol.

Strong's Concordance
mashal: to rule, have dominion, reign
Original Word: מָשַׁל
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: mashal
Phonetic Spelling: (maw-shal')
Definition: to rule, have dominion, reign

hope this helps !!!
What does it mean to "rule over the nations'?

Back