"might" and "strength"

Theo1689

I've asked this question a number of times, but no Mormon has even tried to give an answer. I guess it's time to ask again, since a Mormon quoted this particular text:

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God. (Moroni 10:32)

Bible:

Mark 12:30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Luke 10:27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

How do we love God?:

Bible: with all our heart/soul/mind/strength;
LDS: with all our might/mind/strength;

So my questions to Mormons:

1) Why does the LDS version leave out "all your heart" and "all your soul"?

2) Why does the LDS version have "all your might" and "all your strength"? What is the difference between "might" or "strength", or is this just redundant?

(I'll be waiting for the crickets...)

brotherofJared

Bible:

Mark 12:30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Luke 10:27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”
Seems to be the same as the Moroni verse.
How do we love God?:
By keeping his commandments. Do I need to show you the verse that supports that?
Bible: with all our heart/soul/mind/strength;
LDS: with all our might/mind/strength;
I guess you can't see that there isn't any difference between them. heart and soul imply our physical effort, which is our might.
So my questions to Mormons:

1) Why does the LDS version leave out "all your heart" and "all your soul"?
It doesn't.
2) Why does the LDS version have "all your might" and "all your strength"? What is the difference between "might" or "strength", or is this just redundant?
what is the difference between heart and soul and might? or is it just redundant?

Theo1689

By keeping his commandments. Do I need to show you the verse that supports that?

I guess you can't see that there isn't any difference between them. heart and soul imply our physical effort, which is our might.

It doesn't.

what is the difference between heart and soul and might? or is it just redundant?

Welcome to the fantasy land of Mormonism, where words don't mean anything...

"heart" and "soul" are supposedly synonymous with "might".
And we're supposed to believe this, why? Just because some random Internet troll says so.

And I still haven't seen an answer about the difference between "might" and "strength".

Fenuay

It doesn't.

Webster's can help you!