Minds are for believing.

Tercon

If the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist and occur is in and with a edit then the primary function of a mind is believing in the truth and reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist and occur is in and with a believing mind, then the primary function of a mind is believing in the truth and reality.
And if the primary function of a mind is believing in the truth and reality and the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist and occur is in and with a believing mind, then a Believing Mind must create consciousness of the truth and reality.

I see that you still haven't figured out what belief is.

If the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist and occur is in and with a believing mind, then the primary function of a mind is believing in the truth and reality.
And if the primary function of a mind is believing in the truth and reality and the only way and place that the truth and reality can be known to exist and occur is in and with a believing mind, then a Believing Mind must create consciousness of the truth and reality.
Why do you go on posting this stuff? What's your aim here? No one has ever agreed with you.

Anyone who desires the truth agree that the only way and place the truth and reality can be known to exist and occur is a believing mind.
You didn't answer my question. Why do you go on posting this stuff when nobody agrees with you?

Actually I see that you can't even show how and why you know the truth is known to you without a believing mind silly.

Belief is necessary for knowledge, but not sufficient. You can't know anything without justification, because beliefs can be false.

Belief does not define reality.

To no-one's surprise, Tercon is still using ambiguous language, failing to distinguish between locating existence and knowledge in a mind.

Tercon, if minds are for believing, then why do you keep refusing to believe what we tell you?

Unbelief and "false beliefs" can't make the truth and reality known to anyone including you. But it is ONLY a believing mind that can make beliefs in reality known.

In order for a belief to become knowledge you require justification.

As you have been told numerous times, and still can't seem to understand, belief is necessary for knowledge but not sufficient.

Non Sequitur. You can't know in order to define reality without first believing in what reality is silly.

What do you think the phrase "Belief does not define reality" means? Because your reply has nothing to do with the meaning of the phrase.

How come you can't point out what that "false narrative" is and say why it is "false"?

Your nonsense has been shown to be false every time you have posted it here. That you lack the ability to understand why it is false, despite numerous people attempting to explain it to you, is your problem not ours.

You can't locate anything including the truth and reality without a believing mind silly.
Which doesn't excuse your deliberate conflation and ambiguous language when it comes to locating knowledge vs existence.

Because you don't know what you are talking about...
Then you'll understand why we don't believe what you say.

...unbelievers disbelieve belief makes the truth and reality known to them, and this unbelief is sufficient to render the truth and reality unknown to you.
Strawman. We recognize that belief alone is not sufficient for knowledge (JTB), as it further requires truth and justification in addition to belief. This in no way prevents truth and reality from being known to us.

This is going to blow your mind: A justification for a belief is not a belief.

No. Belief can be both true and false, therefore it is insufficient to reveal the truth. Something else is required, do you know what that is?

You could have just said "No, I don't know what the phrase 'belief does not define reality' means." It would have saved a lot of time rather than posting the drivel you did.

You can't justify anything without first believing it is justified.
This is plain wrong. You can believe something false but through investigation justify it's being true. When you realise the truth of the matter, it's then that you believe it true.

What?? Of course you can believe something false. You also didn't point out why it's an impossibility.
You haven't understood a word I've said, unless you're deliberately dodging.
Of course you can.

You can't "realise the truth of" anything without first believing it is true silly.
Of course you can.
Quite right. You can realize the truth of 341 x 27 = 9207 the instant your calculator displays the results of the calculation, without any need for your prior belief.

Tangent: this goes to a related discussion I had here a few weeks ago, in which I argued that you can know something before you believe it. Even after your calculator tells you the answer to the equation, you merely TRUST that the answer is correct. You never actually hold a belief until you recognize that your calculator is working correctly, and that you didn't mistype the equation or make some other trivial mistake (like doing base 11 addition, etc).

Proof of this/my claim is that several days later, this "belief" is likely gone from your consciousness. You probably wont remember what the result of the equation was, because you never actually formed the specific belief about it. The only belief you held is "my calculator can be trusted to do addition".

No, Tercon. Existence is not a form of knowledge, and there is no good reason for your continued conflation and ambiguous language.

Ambiguous again. If you are asking about locating knowledge then we agree this requires a mind. But if you are asking about locating existence, then no mind is required as existence can be located in mind-independent reality instead.

But you don't believe us either, so the exact same thing applies to you and your unbelieving mind.

No, it is belief plus truth plus justification that makes reality known. Belief alone is not enough.

Back