Minds are for believing.

Thanks for confirming that you still don't know what a belief is.

I know that belief is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to me.

Oh dear, you don't seem to know that minds require brains.

"a brain" is nothing without a believing mind. I have held a brain in my hands and it could not tell me anything, it couldn't even tell the person who once owned it anything anymore either.

I know that belief is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to me.

But, you clearly don't know what belief actually is.

"a brain" is nothing without a believing mind. I have held a brain in my hands and it could not tell me anything, it couldn't even tell the person who once owned it anything anymore either.

Oh dear, Tercon. You really are very confused.

But, you clearly don't know what belief actually is.

Really. So, the one advocating for the necessity of belief to make the truth and reality known "don't know what belief actually is", but the one that disbelieves belief makes the truth and reality does?

Oh dear, Tercon. You really are very confused.

What is "confused" about the necessity of belief in order to make the truth and reality known?

Really. So, the one advocating for the necessity of belief to make the truth and reality known "don't know what belief actually is", but the one that disbelieves belief makes the truth and reality does?

You keep repeating this, and every time you show that you don't know what belief is.

If you want to show that you know what a belief is then you need to define the meaning of the word. Or, even better, you could give a definition and then give an example of a simple belief and what it is like to hold such a belief. Can you do that?

What is "confused" about the necessity of belief in order to make the truth and reality known?

Sigh...I wasn't talking about your confusion about what belief is. I was talking about the confusion you have over minds and brains.

Necessary, but not sufficient. For the thousandth time.

Oxygen "is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to me", too :rolleyes:

You keep repeating this, and every time you show that you don't know what belief is.

If you want to show that you know what a belief is then you need to define the meaning of the word. Or, even better, you could give a definition and then give an example of a simple belief and what it is like to hold such a belief. Can you do that?

I keep repeating it because it is true.

Definition: Belief is what makes the truth and reality known to us. Not "false belief" or unbelief, but beliefs in reality or in other words justified true beliefs. And a believing mind is the only thing capable of making the truth and reality known to us.

Sigh...I wasn't talking about your confusion about what belief is. I was talking about the confusion you have over minds and brains.

My mind works fine, but the brain of the poor soul I held couldn't tell me or its former owner a thing. So, in reality it isn't the brain that makes the truth and reality known to us, but it is our believing minds.

I keep repeating it because it is true.

Definition: Belief is what makes the truth and reality known to us. Not "false belief" or unbelief, but beliefs in reality or in other words justified true beliefs. And a believing mind is the only thing capable of making the truth and reality known to us.

Wrong. That is not the correct definition of belief. Thanks for confirming that you don't know what belief is.

Tell you what, go and look up the word belief in a dictionary, and postcit here. You may start to understand why a lot of what you say is complete nonsense.

My mind works fine, but the brain of the poor soul I held couldn't tell me or its former owner a thing. So, in reality it isn't the brain that makes the truth and reality known to us, but it is our believing minds.

Can a mind exist without a brain?

Wrong. That is not the correct definition of belief. Thanks for confirming that you don't know what belief is.

Why would I define something that includes "false beliefs" as knowledge? That's very self-destructive to say the least.
I define knowledge in the truth and reality as justified true beliefs. But if you think that something that includes "false beliefs" as knowledge is a good definition of knowledge in making the truth and reality known to you, then make your case.

Tell you what, go and look up the word belief in a dictionary, and postcit here. You may start to understand why a lot of what you say is complete nonsense.

Why can't you refute it then?

Can a mind exist without a brain?

Sure. I have held a brain in my hands and it couldn't tell me a darn thing. But my believing mind was able to make known to me that I was holding a human brain in my hands that couldn't make anything known to me.

Sure. I have held a brain in my hands and it couldn't tell me a darn thing. But my believing mind was able to make known to me that I was holding a human brain in my hands that couldn't make anything known to me.
Do you think you can hold your own brain, disconnected from your spinal cord and brain stem, in your hands and realize you are holding it?

If so, how? Replicate it for us please.
If not, why not?

Last edited:
Do you think you can hold your own brain, disconnected from your spinal cord and brain stem, in your hands and realize you are holding it?

If so, how? Replicate it for us please.
If not, why not?

Let us at least try to stay in the realm of reality please. I can hold my own brain in my hands and my believing mind tells me about everything that I am doing. But a brain in itself can't do that can it, rather it is only the presence of a believing mind that can do that.

Let us at least try to stay in the realm of reality please. I can hold my own brain in my hands and my believing mind tells me about everything that I am doing. But a brain in itself can't do that can it, rather it is only the presence of a believing mind that can do that.

I wonder where you have seen a mind without a brain?! lol

Replicate that and I will believe in your god.

Soooo... your god cannot exist by your own prerequisite for a mind.
Replicate that and I will believe in your god.

Actually I am replicating what I am saying.

No, rather it is only a believing mind that has the capacity for knowing anything, because a believing mind has to be present in order to know it is present. A brain can't inform you of anything, only a believing mind can inform you of the truth and reality. A believing mind can tell you about brains, but a brain can't tell you anything about a believing mind.

Last edited:
Back