Modern translations/ scriptural support ?

YeshuaFan

Didn’t Jesus say to be water baptized ? Weren’t all the apostles water baptized ? Bishop simply means pastor.
They did not translate it as should have as immersion, did the transliteration due to their church view on water baptism! We see Bishops and pastors and elders as same, but they did not!

YeshuaFan

The Byzantine texts are found throughout Codex Alexandrianus. Proof that Byzantine texts weren't late fabrications/emendations.

How ironic, the very document that shows the value of the Byzantine texts are very valuable in textual criticism is the very docume has the right approach, as they seem to be accepting some "chamges: that were better supported in the Bzt greek text....nt most all KJVOist reject.

The Byzantine texts are found throughout Codex Alexandrianus. Proof that Byzantine texts weren't late fabrications/emendations.

How ironic, the very document that shows the value of the Byzantine texts are very valuable in textual criticism is the very document most all KJVOist reject.
Think that the current edition of the nestle Aland text is more open now to having some instances where the Bzt seems to have a better rendering allowed to be brough over and in now!

Leatherneck0311

They did not translate it as should have as immersion, did the transliteration due to their church view on water baptism! We see Bishops and pastors and elders as same, but they did not!
Enlighten me where do you believe you see sprinkle as opposed to immersion in the KJV ? Book- chapter- and verse ?

YeshuaFan

Enlighten me where do you believe you see sprinkle as opposed to immersion in the KJV ? Book- chapter- and verse ?
I see that they should have translated immersion, and think right until ther final edit that was what they were going to do! They got overriden by Church of England board

Leatherneck0311

I see that they should have translated immersion, and think right until ther final edit that was what they were going to do! They got overriden by Church of England board
Still not one scripture provided to support that sprinkling as opposed to immersion is in the KJV. FYI,baptism is translated from baptizio which means immersion.
Strong's Greek: 907. βαπτίζω (baptizó) -- to dip, sink
https://biblehub.com/greek/907.htm
εἰς, to mark the element into which the immersion is made: εἰς τόν Ιορδάνην, Mark 1:9. to mark the end: εἰς μετάνοιαν, to bind one to repentance, Matthew 3:11; εἰς τό Ἰωάννου βάπτισμα, to bind to the duties imposed by John's baptism, Acts 19:3 (cf. Winer 's Grammar, 397 (371)); εἰς ...

Last edited:

Leatherneck0311

I see someone who again is unable or unwilling to defend their position and trying to cloak that apologetic deficit in a robe of hollow piety.

Kind regards,
Jonathan
Noted: you have no clue what I said, and or your pride will not allow you to consider that you could possibly be wrong.

Truth7t7

Nope, I have way more trust and confidence in God than to believe that. There are valid reasons the early church( pre RCC) ) and then the reformers rejected the minority texts as corrupt.
Because they were well aware of the corruptions and lies in the Alexandrian Egyptian Philosophical Schools,the very reason why 1 John 4 was written, as many in the Alexandrian schools denied Jesuus Christ had a fleshly body, but was a spirit being

kiwimac

Because they were well aware of the corruptions and lies in the Alexandrian Egyptian Philosophical Schools,the very reason why 1 John 4 was written, as many in the Alexandrian schools denied Jesuus Christ had a fleshly body, but was a spirit being
Hooey.

Truth7t7

Screen Shot 2018 06 19 at 09.22.23

heard You got a new car

Truth7t7

We are clearly in agreement on the bankruptcy of the KJVO position, but I also challenged your post a week or so ago here. We can discuss further on an appropriate forum if you'd like...

Kind regards,
Jonathan
Kiwi doesn't have time, hes tending the sheep on the other side of the mountain, and rarely gets to town for internet reception

En Hakkore

Kiwi doesn't have time, hes tending the sheep on the other side of the mountain, and rarely gets to town for internet reception
Do you have the same limited access to the Internet? I've been waiting since Saturday for your acknowledgement that the Essenes did include Leviticus among their sacred texts, as documented here.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Truth7t7

Do you have the same limited access to the Internet? I've been waiting since Saturday for your acknowledgement that the Essenes did include Leviticus among their sacred texts, as documented here.

Kind regards,
Jonathan
No need to argue the fact, the Essenes didnt sacrifice for sin in the Jerusalem Temple, they were renegades outside of Gods will for sin and atonement

Sorta like a cult group today denying repentance and acceptance of the finished work of Calvary

En Hakkore

No need to argue the fact...
I'll take that as a concession to the point I made about Leviticus' place within the Essene sacred library.

the Essenes didnt sacrifice for sin in the Jerusalem Temple,
Agreed, that is a historically-sound claim.

they were renegades outside of Gods will for sin and atonement
That's debatable, but best taken up in the other thread with someone who has vested interest in the topic... I'm afraid that isn't me. Have a good night/day.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

praise_yeshua

Still not one scripture provided to support that sprinkling as opposed to immersion is in the KJV. FYI,baptism is translated from baptizio which means immersion.
Strong's Greek: 907. βαπτίζω (baptizó) -- to dip, sink
https://biblehub.com/greek/907.htm
εἰς, to mark the element into which the immersion is made: εἰς τόν Ιορδάνην, Mark 1:9. to mark the end: εἰς μετάνοιαν, to bind one to repentance, Matthew 3:11; εἰς τό Ἰωάννου βάπτισμα, to bind to the duties imposed by John's baptism, Acts 19:3 (cf. Winer 's Grammar, 397 (371)); εἰς ...

The KJV translators could have used the English word immersion. They didn't. They used baptism. Which means different things to different people.

Appealing to how Dr Strong defined a Greek word doesn't speak to what the translators choose to say.

This how them mind of a KJVOist works. They will grasp at any information to hold on their idol of KJVOism.