Modern translations/ scriptural support ?

glenlogie

I have no idea at all, why don't you tell me, your are the one telling the " story " here ?
God explains His Word to me in His Word, the Bible... Do you not believe that God can do this ?
You are avoiding my question.

Let me ask it in a different way. If someone told you that God told them that one piece of scripture told them one thing. And you believe that God told you the same scripture ment something different. What would you say or do?

rossh

Let me ask it in a different way. If someone told you that God told them that one piece of scripture told them one thing. And you believe that God told you the same scripture ment something different. What would you say or do?
This is your supposition right ? Well, if I have to answer you, I would tell them what Gods Word is saying by showing them the passage in question from the Bible of course, and that we are to believe the Word of God alone. I then have told them, so it is up to them not me..
You are not actually saying anything tangible ? I hear you say, " one piece of scripture told them one thing " then so, what is it that is being told to them in the first place ???

glenlogie

This is your supposition right ? Well, if I have to answer you, I would tell them what Gods Word is saying by showing them the passage in question from the Bible of course, and that we are to believe the Word of God alone. I then have told them, so it is up to them not me..
You are not actually saying anything tangible ? I hear you say, " one piece of scripture told them one thing " then so, what is it that is being told to them in the first place ???
Would you ever consider that they are correct and you could be wrong?

Buzzard

Jn. 10:
Verily, verily, I say unto you,
He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold,
but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth;
and the sheep hear his voice:
and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep,
he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him:
for they know his voice

5 And a stranger will they not follow,
but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers

rossh

What Scripture is this exactly ? Can you please be specific ? I already believe that God is telling me how to be saved and, that it is the only way to be saved.

rossh

Of course there is. Far too many Christians seem afraid of an educated understanding of the Bible. Just as long as your rely on what you say "God is telling you" you are at the mercy of your feelings.
? Listen,, I am the one here preaching Healing and preaching that we must listen to the Word of God - as in His Word - Scriptures only... is there a problem with this or should I listen to someone else ?
Hebrews 4:12 See, the Word of God is alive! It is at work and is sharper than any double-edged sword — it cuts right through to where soul meets spirit and joints meet marrow, and it is quick to judge the inner reflections and attitudes of the heart.
See the above, this is all that I am saying and it is only ever what I have been saying.. what is the problem ? The Word of God alone!

rossh

Of course there is. Far too many Christians seem afraid of an educated understanding of the Bible. Just as long as your rely on what you say "God is telling you" you are at the mercy of your feelings.
I have never relied on what I say, but rather it is the Word of God Himself that only ever trust....

rossh

Hey, it is not a one way street here, you say I avoid your question, so do you mine.. God explains His Word to me in His Word, the Bible... Do you not believe that God can do this ? well do you or not ?

rossh

and I bet, it is not very specific either is it ? Let me make this back and forth debate end.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. So there was evening, and there was morning, one day.
There above, no guessing no doubting no debating,,, If anyone doubts the passage above then it is on them, not me.
No, you seem to think that we have be educated in God in order to simply understand exactly what Gods Word is saying.. I believe that God can and will explain to us what He is saying to us if only we ask..

kiwimac

and I bet, it is not very specific either is it ? Let me make this back and forth debate end.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was unformed and void, darkness was on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God hovered over the surface of the water. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. So there was evening, and there was morning, one day.
There above, no guessing no doubting no debating,,, If anyone doubts the passage above then it is on them, not me.
No, you seem to think that we have be educated in God in order to simply understand exactly what Gods Word is saying.. I believe that God can and will explain to us what He is saying to us if only we ask..
Aha...yeah...right!

organgrinder

Which has absolutely nothing to do with modern translations.
Well it is a translation of the Bible (OT in particular) KJVO folk don't accept. KJVO folk don't accept anything but the KJV. The LXX was a "modern translation" of the OT during the time of Jesus and Paul. They both quoted from it.

organgrinder

I believe attacking the KJV to promote modern translations is a red herring. Like I said I started this thread if you don’t like it move along or answer the question. Where is there scriptural support for modern translations ?
You do realize the KJV was a modern translation when it was made in 1611 and that other English translations existed before the KJV. And don't forget about the Latin Vulgate which was used since the 500s (late 4th century). Also the absolute best reference crib for the Vulgate in college in Latin class was the KJV. What does that tell you?

Leatherneck0311

You do realize the KJV was a modern translation when it was made in 1611 and that other English translations existed before the KJV. And don't forget about the Latin Vulgate which was used since the 500s (late 4th century). Also the absolute best reference crib for the Vulgate in college in Latin class was the KJV. What does that tell you?
Not completely true the KJV was translated from the majority texts not the minority texts. Considering the manu scripts the KJV was not exactly the new kid on the block.