More reading of CCC; Who is the cause of our salvation

PeanutGallery

Catholics:
01. Who is the cause of your salvation?
02. Through whom is your life?

CCC- 494 At the announcement that she would give birth to "the Son of the Most High" without knowing man, by the power of the Holy Spirit, Mary responded with the obedience of faith, certain that "with God nothing will be impossible": "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be [done] to me according to your word."139 Thus, giving her consent to God's word, Mary becomes the mother of Jesus. Espousing the divine will for salvation wholeheartedly, without a single sin to restrain her, she gave herself entirely to the person and to the work of her Son; she did so in order to serve the mystery of redemption with him and dependent on him, by God's grace:140

As St. Irenaeus says, "Being obedient she became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race."141 Hence not a few of the early Fathers gladly assert. . .: "The knot of Eve's disobedience was untied by Mary's obedience: what the virgin Eve bound through her disbelief, Mary loosened by her faith."142 Comparing her with Eve, they call Mary "the Mother of the living" and frequently claim: "Death through Eve, life through Mary."143

Catholics:

CCC- 494 At the announcement that she would give birth to "the Son of the Most High" without knowing man, by the power of the Holy Spirit, Mary responded with the obedience of faith, certain that "with God nothing will be impossible": "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be [done] to me according to your word."139 Thus, giving her consent to God's word, Mary becomes the mother of Jesus. Espousing the divine will for salvation wholeheartedly, without a single sin to restrain her, she gave herself entirely to the person and to the work of her Son; she did so in order to serve the mystery of redemption with him and dependent on him, by God's grace:140

As St. Irenaeus says, "Being obedient she became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race."141 Hence not a few of the early Fathers gladly assert. . .: "The knot of Eve's disobedience was untied by Mary's obedience: what the virgin Eve bound through her disbelief, Mary loosened by her faith."142 Comparing her with Eve, they call Mary "the Mother of the living" and frequently claim: "Death through Eve, life through Mary."143
No wonder they want to call her co redeemer, surely they should just be honest and call her the redeemer.

Life through Jesus is the truth not life through Mary.

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Rom 6:23
for the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There are so many verses and not one says life through Mary.

Disgusting....we have life through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord, not through Mary. And Catholics wonder how we get the idea that they worship Mary....and that we think they minimalize Jesus and what He did for us on the cross.
The op and the quote from the catechism I posted and the Marian doctrines, the co mediatrix concept are only part of the problems of the false teachings of the RCC, they also prove the 5 percent claim wrong. There is so much that is false in the catechism.

That RCs do not understand from the Marian prayers you and others have posted from what is written in their catechism, from the way they treat statues of Mary that it is worship is beyond me. Instead of checking out whether what is posted and reflecting on whether they should be looked at again, they just blindly justify these false practices and beliefs. It is extremely sad to see.

Disgusting....we have life through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord, not through Mary. And Catholics wonder how we get the idea that they worship Mary....and that we think they minimalize Jesus and what He did for us on the cross.
You seem to not understand what Irenaeus said. Read it again and quote for us exactly what he said was wrong. Remember that the Incarnation was preceded by the Annunciation and Mary's fiat.

You seem to not understand what Irenaeus said. Read it again and quote for us exactly what he said was wrong. Remember that the Incarnation was preceded by the Annunciation and Mary's fiat.
So really you could not answer Bonnie's post. So you are diverting onto other issues. Bonnie understood what was posted about what Irenaeus said.

So? I know what the Annunciation is about. I know what was said. I know all of that.

I do not care what Irenaeus wrote. I understand what he wrote. I care what the Bible says, and it says we have eternal life through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord, not Mary.

This is another example of the RCC minimalizing Jesus and maximizing Mary. Sad.

So? I know what the Annunciation is about. I know what was said. I know all of that.

I do not care what Irenaeus wrote. I understand what he wrote. I care what the Bible says, and it says we have eternal life through faith in Christ Jesus our Lord, not Mary.

exactly

Catholics:

I don't see a problem with it at all. Is it correct to say that Eve's disobedience was the cause of death and for the whole human race?

You seem to not understand what Irenaeus said. Read it again and quote for us exactly what he said was wrong. ...
... she became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race."
... life through Mary."
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
John 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Can you provide scripture which states Mary is the cause of salvation, or life through Mary?

I don't see a problem with it at all. Is it correct to say that Eve's disobedience was the cause of death and for the whole human race?
Death came through Adam:
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
1Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

And going to church fathers to make statements about mary and not the bible. Hmm, wonder why?

Catholics:

CCC 494 is pure fiction. Like most of the ccc.

Death came through Adam:
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
1Cor 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
So Eve's disobedience had nothing to do with death entering into the world? I don't think that is correct.

Except Eve was tricked and Adam sinned with his eyes wide open.

The Bible clearly calls Jesus our hope and that we have life in His Name. Jesus Himself says "I am the way, the truth, and the LIFE. No one comes to the Father except by Me."

Jesus is the way to GOD--not Mary. JESUS is the cause of our salvation--not Mary. The CCC has no business saying what it does, in the OP. That not only goes beyond what is written, but contradicts the actual word of God. For shame!

Back