Mormon Gaslighting

There seems to be some double standards here. The LDS God was once a man:

1 Timothy 2:5---King James Version
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So--your God was once a man also--right? Most outrageous? Why?

RCM--if God was not once a man--you have no hope of salvation.

Joseph Smith taught that all gods were once men. Other prophets agreed. Christianity never agreed that the Father was once a man. Mormons believe that eternal life is Godhood and that all men should desire eternal life/Godhood.

President Joseph Fielding Smith said: "Our Father in heaven, according to the Prophet, had a Father, and since there has been a condition of this kind through all eternity, each father had a Father" (Doctrines of Salvation, 2:47).

President Joseph F. Smith taught: "I know that God is a being with body, parts and passions. . . .Man was born of woman; Christ, the Savior, was born of woman; and God, the Father was born of woman" (Church News, 19 Sept. 1936, p. 2)

President Wilford Woodruff explained: "[God] has had his endowments a great many years ago. He has ascended to his thrones, principalities, and powers in the eternities. We are here to fill a probation and receive an education" (Deseret News Weekly, 28 Sept. 1881, p. 546).

Search These Commandments, Melchizedek Priesthood Personal Study Guide, Copyright 1984 by Corporation of the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, pages 152-153

@dberrier2020

Are you an apostate or were those three prophets/presidents apostates? Was the Corporation of the President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints apostate in 1984?

Last edited:
No, He doesn't--but Mormons who believe in a false god and false savior--who is Satan's actual brother in the supposed, pre-mortal spirit existence, in their theology--CAN and DO.
yep! and not only is he (Christ) our brother, he is also the Son of God, the only begotten in the flesh. This is something that Christ warned about other religions..

Quoting Christ as he speaks to JS...
19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

If it can be shown God the Son was a man--and it can--and you only believe there is one God--then the question begs to be asked--was God once a man?
No the question is not begged. You ignore the FACT that God is Trinity and God has ALWAYS been God. The Father has always been God the Father and is Spirit. The Son was not just man. He was fully God when He was born in Bethlehem. Immanuel means God with us. The Son has never been the Father.

No the question is not begged. You ignore the FACT that God is Trinity and God has ALWAYS been God. The Father has always been God the Father and is Spirit. The Son was not just man. He was fully God when He was born in Bethlehem. Immanuel means God with us. The Son has never been the Father.
So why did Christ say, I can only do what I saw the Father do...

John 5:

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

So why did Christ say, I can only do what I saw the Father do...

John 5:

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
Why do Mormons teach that men can become Gods? The Father and Jesus weren't men Who became Gods. And they weren't married. And Satan was NOT a son of God.

Why do Mormons teach that men can become Gods? The Father and Jesus weren't men Who became Gods. And they weren't married. And Satan was NOT a son of God.
I see you ignored my reply and now are deflecting ..... Hope you take time to read what other Christians also believe...

In regards to Lucifer being specifically the “brother of Jesus,” we can look to the Evangelical Christian theologian, H.L. Martensen. He believed that Lucifer was "Christ's younger brother, and became God's adversary because he was not content to be second, but wanted to be first; because he was unwilling to bear the light of another, and wanted to be the light itself."10 This idea is not new. In fact, Lactantius, a Latin Christian Father of the third century, taught the following: “Before creating the world, God produced a spirit like himself, replete with virtues of the Father. Later He made another, in whom the mark of divine was erased, because this one was besmirched by the poison of jealousy and turned therefore from good to evil. He was jealous of his older brother who, remaining united with the Father, insured his affection unto himself.”11 I submit the rhetorical question that—aside from the fact that the LDS doctrine is both scripturally and logically sound—if Gaebelein, Martensen, Lactantius, and others, could teach such a doctrine and still remain Christian, then how can members of the Church of Jesus Christ be branded as un-Christian for holding a similar belief?

Written by Michael G. Reed for the Foundation for Apologetic Information and Research

I see you ignored my reply and now are deflecting ..... Hope you take time to read what other Christians also believe...

In regards to Lucifer being specifically the “brother of Jesus,” we can look to the Evangelical Christian theologian, H.L. Martensen. He believed that Lucifer was "Christ's younger brother, and became God's adversary because he was not content to be second, but wanted to be first; because he was unwilling to bear the light of another, and wanted to be the light itself."10 This idea is not new. In fact, Lactantius, a Latin Christian Father of the third century, taught the following: “Before creating the world, God produced a spirit like himself, replete with virtues of the Father. Later He made another, in whom the mark of divine was erased, because this one was besmirched by the poison of jealousy and turned therefore from good to evil. He was jealous of his older brother who, remaining united with the Father, insured his affection unto himself.”11 I submit the rhetorical question that—aside from the fact that the LDS doctrine is both scripturally and logically sound—if Gaebelein, Martensen, Lactantius, and others, could teach such a doctrine and still remain Christian, then how can members of the Church of Jesus Christ be branded as un-Christian for holding a similar belief?

Written by Michael G. Reed for the Foundation for Apologetic Information and Research
Michael G. Reed is a false teacher like yours are. Like yours, he is not a Christian.

You stated a belief the Father and Son are a single God.

It's a fair question then, to ask--was God once a man? (the one and only God)

Michael G. Reed is a false teacher like yours are. Like yours, he is not a Christian.

And you can judge a man righteously?... how wonderful you are so perfect...

G. Mike Reed​

American computer scientist

Description​

George Michael Reed is an American computer scientist. He has contributed to theoretical computer science in general and CSP in particular. Mike Reed has a doctorate in pure mathematics from Auburn University, United States, and a doctorate in computation from Oxford University, England. Wikipedia
Born: United States
Academic advisor: Bill Roscoe
Education: University of Oxford, Auburn University

Back