Mormon Requirements for Eternal Life

Those who see the truth of the Bible leave Mormonism. And some leave Mormonism anyway!
Yes, there are quite a few who have had faith crisis in this day and age of computers... maybe you were one of them that got most of your misinformation off a web site...

Yes, there are quite a few who have had faith crisis in this day and age of computers... maybe you were one of them that got most of your misinformation off a web site...
We didn't even own a computer nor did I have transportation to a library! I have my own library. Why are you grasping at straws? I started reading my Bible and left Mormonism in a hurry. And my nasty bishop yelled at me. He didn't want me to leave quietly. LOL.

We didn't even own a computer nor did I have transportation to a library! I have my own library. Why are you grasping at straws? I started reading my Bible and left Mormonism in a hurry. And my nasty bishop yelled at me. He didn't want me to leave quietly. LOL.
I very much doubt that...

Keep the commandments. Regardless of what one does in the church, any church, if they don't keep the commandments, they cannot be saved.

If u r confused about which those commandments are, I suggest u read the Bible. If one keeps the commandments, then the rituals one performs in our church might be of some benefit but without faith none of it will be effectual.

It appears that your argument supposes that we teach that our rituals save. But we do not. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone and by following him.
Thats not true. Mormonism has always claimed that it’s the only way. You need your own church rituals and requirements to get into God’s kingdom. Not just the ones He gave us.

Keep the commandments. Regardless of what one does in the church, any church, if they don't keep the commandments, they cannot be saved.

Which commandments?
List them.

If u r confused about which those commandments are, I suggest u read the Bible.

Mormons are masters at avoiding answering questions.
Reading the Bible is not going to give me the MORMON answer, because Mormons don't read the Bible. That's why we need you to TELL us what you believe.

If one keeps the commandments,

Which commandments?
List them:

1)
2)
3)
4)

then the rituals one performs in our church might be of some benefit but without faith none of it will be effectual.

Funny...
Mormonism says works AND faith.
The Bible says, "Faith and NOT by works".

It appears that your argument supposes that we teach that our rituals save. But we do not. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone and by following him.

So are you saying you don't have to do any of the "rituals", since "salvation comes through Jesus Christ alone"?

EDIT insult of lying

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not true. Mormonism has always claimed that it’s the only way. You need your own church rituals and requirements to get into God’s kingdom. Not just the ones He gave us.

Why wasn't that the accusation the traditional Jews were making against the NT apostles--which NT church were adding things which were found nowhere in the OT? The apostles testifying to things the traditional Jews termed as blasphemy? Ungodly?

So--where does one find repentance and water baptism for the remission of sins--in the OT? The laying on of hands for the Holy Ghost?

Which commandments?
List them:

1)
2)
3)
4)

Christ not only listed them--He connected them to eternal life:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said,(1) Thou shalt do no murder, (2)Thou shalt not commit adultery,(3) Thou shalt not steal, (4)Thou (5)shalt not bear false witness,
19 (6)Honour thy father and thy mother: and, (7)Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

That sounds like the ten commandments to me. I numbered them--as you requested.

Why wasn't that the accusation the traditional Jews were making against the NT apostles--which NT church were adding things which were found nowhere in the OT? The apostles testifying to things the traditional Jews termed as blasphemy? Ungodly?

So--where does one find repentance and water baptism for the remission of sins--in the OT? The laying on of hands for the Holy Ghost?
Where are temple marriage, polygamy, word of wisdom, and all the other Mormon prerequisites found in the New Testament?

Where are temple marriage, polygamy, word of wisdom, and all the other Mormon prerequisites found in the New Testament?

Where is the gift of the Holy Ghost, repentance and water baptism for the remission of sins--the taking of the gospel to the Gentiles--as a whole, etc--found in the OT?

Mag--the same principle applies. The NT apostles revealed a number of doctrines which can't be specifically found in the OT. And the traditional Jews were bringing the same argument, in principle--against the NT apostles, IE--they were teaching things which could not be found in the Biblical text they had. They were asking the same type of questions you are asking.

That's the power, and nature of God's church--to reveal things which eye had not seen, nor ear heard:

1 Corinthians 2:9---King James Version
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

That was Paul's answer to those who brought up questions such as yours, in principle.

So--

1 Corinthians 11:11---King James Version
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.

Funny how you neglect to quote the next verse, in CONTEXT:

1 Cor. 11:11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; 12 for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God.

This isn't about marriage, it's about interdependence.
Woman comes from man (came from his side), just as man is born of woman.

Where is the gift of the Holy Ghost, repentance and water baptism for the remission of sins--the taking of the gospel to the Gentiles--as a whole, etc--found in the OT?

Mag--the same principle applies. The NT apostles revealed a number of doctrines which can't be specifically found in the OT. And the traditional Jews were bringing the same argument, in principle--against the NT apostles, IE--they were teaching things which could not be found in the Biblical text they had. They were asking the same type of questions you are asking.

That's the power, and nature of God's church--to reveal things which eye had not seen, nor ear heard:

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

That was Paul's answer to those who brought up questions such as yours, in principle.

So--

dberrie… Christ brought a new covenant in the New Testament. And He said that anyone who teaches a different gospel than that is a false prophet.

dberrie… Christ brought a new covenant in the New Testament.

And with that New Covenant--a number of new doctrines which one can't find anywhere in the OT.

And that was my point, IE--why do the critics here attack the LDS church, claiming it has doctrines not found in the NT--when that was the very principle of the accusation the traditional Jews were bringing to bear against the NT apostles and prophets, that is--where does anyone find in the scriptures--some of the doctrines you teach?

Again--that is the power of the NT church--to bring forth doctrines which reveal God--which no man has ever seen nor heard:

That The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have continuing revelation, because they are founded on the living, mortal apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone--is something they share with the NT church--not that is in opposition to it.

That the critics here don't share in that trait--is not proof of it being opposed to God, anymore than it was proof the traditional Jews were right in their accusations against the NT apostles and prophets of their time.

This isn't about marriage, it's about interdependence.

Since when is marriage not about interdependence?

Genesis 2:24---King James Version
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Since when is marriage not about interdependence?

<sigh>
Stop twisting my words, like you twist the Bible.

I never said marriage wasn't about interdependence.
I said 1 Cor. 11:11-12 is not about marriage.
Please try to pay attention.

And another reason it's a waste of time to interact with you is that you can't stay on one passage for more than 3 seconds (perhaps that's the limit of your attention span). You bring up 1 Cor. 11:11, I comment on it, then you run away to Gen. 2. This is nothing but some edit game to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back