Mormonism retention rates

Yitoz

In post modern and post Christian America (USA), all major denominations are experiencing a retention crisis that started long before covid. One of the main denominations that may still be seeing a significant increase in membership, albeit, in foreign missions, is the AOG. The fastest growing religion in the world is still Islam, but certain sects of Christians are still making inroads in Islamic countries such as Afghanistan and Iran.

En Hakkore

Well just for clarity, I never denied Outer Darkness as a doctrine we teach... nice try at quoting me incorrectly.
As I've already pointed out, I use the quote feature so I could not possibly have quoted you incorrectly. You, on the other hand, continue to obfuscate and call it "clarity"... :rolleyes:

Kind regards,
Jonathan

brotherofJared

Having the true God save a person is INDEED ENOUGH!
I don't know what u mean by "having" is that like ownership? Or perhaps giving birth? Either way, what u believe u have doesn't mean u actually have it. It could be just wishful thinking which end the end will leave u with just that.

So, let's see if u answered my question.
You apparently have no clue.
You apparently have no clue. 😂😂😂😂

Jesus paid for my salvation with His blood.
Prove it. Again, u can believe whatever you want but that doesn't make it true

Didn't Jesus pay for everyone's salvation? What makes u think u r different from anyone else?
He didn't die to only give us an opportnity!
Really? Can u explain that?
If He had bought you with His blood you wouldn't be arguing that you must help Him pay for your sins.
That's never been my argument. I'm not helping him. How absurd can one be? I'm simply doing what he taught me to do because it's the right thing to do. I personally believe that those who don't do that are the ones that his salvational grace won't cover. After all, if everyone isn't going to receive his salvational grace, then something must decide them. Do u have any clue what that is?
You will never earn a place in a fictitious celestial kingdom.
And now u set urself up as my judge. 😂😂😂😂

brotherofJared

No Christian has ever tried to justify his sins to you!
Who said they needed to justify their sins to me? 😂😂😂😂😂
No Christian has ever told you that the people you describe are Christians.
U don't know what anyone has told me. But all one needs to do is read the news. So many Christians have fallen down that pit too the tune of just over 50% of our prisons are filled with them and those are just the ones that got caught.

It is far better to strive for a Christ like life than it is to pretend that all we have to do is believe as we are saved. Faith-alone theology is the surest path to hell. We have to do something about what we believe, otherwise our faith is dead.

brotherofJared

Non-Christians don't follow Christ.
Yes, they do. If they do the things he taught then they are following Christ.
Christians are saved by God-given faith in Christ's blood. Jesus did the work!
Yep, so the question remains, why do some people fail? Is it because they never heard the name of Jesus? Cornelius never heard the name of Jesus. Why would God send an angel for him to send for Peter? The Bible proves u wrong.

It is clearly what we do that makes the difference, not what we claim we believe.

Richard7

As I've already pointed out, I use the quote feature so I could not possibly have quoted you incorrectly. You, on the other hand, continue to obfuscate and call it "clarity"... :rolleyes:

Kind regards,
Jonathan
You may use the quote feature to your hearts content.... but nowhere in your borrowing of what you claim I said; did I deny outer darkness nor that it could be considered hell.... you find the quote and I will apologize if proven wrong... we will see folks... we will see...

Theo1689

<rule-breaking image removed>

1) You do realize, I hope, that you're not allowed to post images according to CARM rules?

2) I guess your citation of 1 John means we have to discuss the meaning of "κοσμος".
Exactly what in 1 John 2 makes you think Jesus paid for "everyone's" sins?

Richard7

1) You do realize, I hope, that you're not allowed to post images according to CARM rules?

2) I guess your citation of 1 John means we have to discuss the meaning of "κοσμος".
Exactly what in 1 John 2 makes you think Jesus paid for "everyone's" sins?
What do I care, at least you were able to see the truth and the only way to deal with truth is to report... LOL... Where can you point to that Christ did not pay the price for everyone sins...???

En Hakkore

You may use the quote feature to your hearts content.... but nowhere in your borrowing of what you claim I said; did I deny outer darkness nor that it could be considered hell.... you find the quote and I will apologize if proven wrong... we will see folks... we will see...
I stand by what I wrote in post 237 (linked here) and that brings our conversation to a close... as I noted in post 245 (linked here), I'm on sabbatical from CARM now until the New Year.

Kind regards,
Jonathan