Mormons are NOT Biblical...

Mormons on this forum regularly claim to be Christians. Mormons are NOT Biblical Christians and do NOT follow the Biblical Jesus. You may call yourselves Christians all you like. But your Jesus is an imagined being, A third-rate copy... And you know it... That is what is really unfortunate...

The Biblical Jesus was born of a Virgin. Mary was a Virgin before she became pregnant and after she gave birth to Christ. The Biblical Jesus created the Universe with the words, "'Let there be Light." The Biblical Jesus has always existed, without beginning. The Biblical Jesus is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. The Biblical Jesus is immutable being the same yesterday, today, and forever.

dberrie2020

Mormons on this forum regularly claim to be Christians. Mormons are NOT Biblical Christians .....

Then perhaps you would like to reveal to us what you find in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go?

I have a lot of scriptures which I might list on the other side:

James 2:24---King James Version
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

The fact is--regardless of your claims--the core faith alone theology has precious little in common with the Biblical NT.

Folks--please do note the drive by shoutings by the critics--without the first Biblical quote to back their claims.

Erundur

Mormons on this forum regularly claim to be Christians. Mormons are NOT Biblical Christians and do NOT follow the Biblical Jesus. You may call yourselves Christians all you like. But your Jesus is an imagined being,
As Christians, we disagree with you that Jesus Christ is an imagined being.

A third-rate copy... And you know it...
This statement is objectively false. We do not know that Jesus Christ is a third-rate copy of anything. We know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our Savior.

Then perhaps you would like to reveal to us what you find in the Biblical NT--which is not found in the LDS church, as far as salvational doctrines go?

I have a lot of scriptures which I might list on the other side:

James 2:24---King James Version
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

The fact is--regardless of your claims--the core faith alone theology has precious little in common with the Biblical NT.

Folks--please do note the drive by shoutings by the critics--without the first Biblical quote to back their claims.
You lost miserably in a debate that we had... I bet you deny it and somehow bear false witness... But your comrades remember ;)

Bonnie

As Christians, we disagree with you that Jesus Christ is an imagined being.

This statement is objectively false. We do not know that Jesus Christ is a third-rate copy of anything. We know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our Savior.
Except the Mormon Jesus is NOT the Jesus Christ and Savior of the Bible of Christendom. The Mormon one is a third-rate copy, the actual brother of Satan in the supposed pre-mortal, spirit existence.

A copy is never as good as the real thing--is it?

Bonnie

In our religion, there's only one Jesus Christ, and he is the one spoken of in the Bible.
We have only one Jesus Christ, the eternal Word of God, fully God and fully man, through whom ALL things were made--including angels. Your Jesus is brother to Satan, a created angel...please show us that from the Bible. Where Jesus and Satan are actual brothers.

Erundur

We have only one Jesus Christ, the eternal Word of God, fully God and fully man, through whom ALL things were made--including angels. Your Jesus is brother to Satan, a created angel...please show us that from the Bible. Where Jesus and Satan are actual brothers.
So in your religion there are at least two Jesuses.

dberrie2020

Except the Mormon Jesus is NOT the Jesus Christ and Savior of the Bible of Christendom. The Mormon one is a third-rate copy, the actual brother of Satan......

As the scriptures testify to--all spirits are brothers in the fact all share the same Father:

Hebrews 12:9---King James Version
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

As Jesus testified to---He shared the same Father as the spirits of mankind:

John 20:17---King James Version
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And Paul testified all were Fathered by God the Father:

Ephesians 4:4-6---King James Version
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

So--if you don't believe God the Father is the Father of all spirits(including satan)--then could you reveal to us what god is the father of the remainder?

Care to engage those scriptures?

Bonnie

As the scriptures testify to--all spirits are brothers in the fact all share the same Father:

Hebrews 12:9---King James Version
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

As Jesus testified to---He shared the same Father as the spirits of mankind:

John 20:17---King James Version
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

And Paul testified all were Fathered by God the Father:

Ephesians 4:4-6---King James Version
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

So--if you don't believe God the Father is the Father of all spirits(including satan)--then could you reveal to us what god is the father of the remainder?

Care to engage those scriptures?
Why should I, when we have done so before, many times on here but you just ignore our answers and points?

Like right here:

The Adoption | Page 8 | CARM Forums

We have addressed the point that "father" can be literal or figurative... It has several meanings, ,on of which is "originator." God the Father is God of Jesus in His humanity, but not in His deity, for He is the eternal Word of God Who was with God in the beginning and was God--wasn't He?

Genesis tells us how God created Adam and Eve--and it does not involve procreation, does it?:

Gen. 2, KJV--7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul....
And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

God is our Heavenly Father because He CREATED us; He is our Originator. He did NOT procreate us by some unnamed heavenly mother or mothers...did He? According to these verses in Genesis?

Theo1689

Why should I, when we have done so before, many times on here but you just ignore our answers and points?

Like right here:

The Adoption | Page 8 | CARM Forums

We have addressed the point that "father" can be literal or figurative... It has several meanings, ,on of which is "originator." God the Father is God of Jesus in His humanity, but not in His deity, for He is the eternal Word of God Who was with God in the beginning and was God--wasn't He?

Genesis tells us how God created Adam and Eve--and it does not involve procreation, does it?:

God is our Heavenly Father because He CREATED us; He is our Originator. He did NOT procreate us by some unnamed heavenly mother or mothers...did He? According to these verses in Genesis?

Sad, isn't it?
Mormons can't think, all they have is their "scripts" and their "proof-texts", which they think can't be answered.

So when we answer them, they are like a deer in headlights, and don't know what to do.
So all they can do is repeat their "script".

And "BoJ" says brainwashing isn't a real thing...

Redeemed

So in your religion there are at least two Jesuses.
Please take note of the Mormon tactic in the above post. It's called the old "bait and switch". Straight from Mormonism 101 – diversionary tactics. This tactic is used In an attempt to conjure up "The spirit of offense". It's an old trick that Satan likes to employ. They try to get you to take the bait by posting something offensive like the above quote.

Here's how to not fall for it. First off this look at God's word:

Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flow the springs of life.

— PROVERBS 4:23

The spirit of offense poisons lives and attitudes. According to Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, the word offense is derived from a Greek word skandalon, which “originally was ‘the name of the part of a trap to which the bait is attached, hence, the trap or snare itself.…’” It is the part of the trap that Is used to lure or snare an unsuspecting poster.

We easily see that offense is what Satan uses to lure people into full-blown cases of bitterness, resentment, and unforgiveness. Satan uses offense to cause us to stumble and fail to go forward with God and be successful here.

The temptation to get offended is a trap that should be avoided like the plague. If we would not take poison, we should not take offense. If we would be champions for God we must not be easily offended.

I know how easy it is to jump on the offended bandwagon but trust me is not a real fun ride.

Many people never become what God desires them to be because they get offended. They get bitter. Offense becomes a stumbling block to them, and they never progress beyond that point. They are the loser and the devil is the winner.

No person can do permanent damage to you if you are willing to be mature enough to refuse offense and trust God. This kind of attitude will make you a winner in life. And not a victim of Mormonism 101 – diversion and that.

Bonnie

Sad, isn't it?
Mormons can't think, all they have is their "scripts" and their "proof-texts", which they think can't be answered.

So when we answer them, they are like a deer in headlights, and don't know what to do.
So all they can do is repeat their "script".

And "BoJ" says brainwashing isn't a real thing...
Mormons can certainly think, but rarely outside their Mormon "box".