Mormons are required to earn each blessing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case one hasn't caught on to it--faith alone theology preaches salvation through a faith without works.

Could you explain why faith alone adherents would not object to walking in the light as being a condition to the Blood of Christ?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

That defies faith alone theology. When scriptures are posted which connects God's grace(His Blood) to our walk--the critics here usually level the charge of "works salvation".

Care to explain that to us?

1John1:7 fits LDS theology well.
1 John 1:7 is God's word of encouragement to believers. We have been saved by the faith GOD gave us. Bonnie already told you that but since it disagrees with Mormonism, you reject it. Those who insist on following Joseph Smith, follow his false gods.

Only Christians can walk in God's light. We LOVE God's word. We are saved by God.

Bonnie hasn't addressed a single post to me, that I am aware of. Nor has she answered a single post I have addressed to her.

Inquiring minds need to know:

"Just a note here, Bonnie. The theology you pawn here excludes all acts of obedience to Jesus Christ--in obtaining eternal life. It's a faith without works which is salvational faith in faith alone theology. Something the Biblical writer labeled a faith which is dead.

James 2:20-26---King James Version
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Care to explain that to us?"

Anyone?
Bonnie doesn't pawn her faith in the true Christ. She shares it. You reject it because you believe in false teachers who have poisoned your mind against the TRUE word of God. Your comments are misunderstandings EDITED--BORDERLINE RULE 12

Last edited by a moderator:
In case one hasn't caught on to it--faith alone theology preaches salvation through a faith without works.

Faith alone agrees with the Bible. Faith precedes works. By their fruits you will know them. Faith precedes walking in the light. Unbelievers don't walk in the light.
Could you explain why faith alone adherents would not object to walking in the light as being a condition to the Blood of Christ?

1 John 1:7---King James Version
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I've told you that Christians obey Him.

I agree. Christians do.

But the faith alone preach there are no acts of obedience to Jesus Christ which is required for eternal life. That's not a Christian doctrine:

Hebrews 5:9--King James Version
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

It isn't my job to give you faith.

"By their fruits ye shall know them," but you don't believe, so that verse apparently means nothing to you.

It is LDS theology--but the LDS connect fruits with obtaining eternal life--the faith alone don't. They reject that truth.

Matthew 7:19-21---King James Version
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

I agree. Christians do.

But the faith alone preach there are no acts of obedience to Jesus Christ which is required for eternal life. That's not a Christian doctrine:

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

It is LDS theology--but the LDS connect fruits with obtaining eternal life--the faith alone don't. They reject that truth.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Those without faith we can't obey Him. Unbelievers have no faith and don't care what God wants. Without Christ we can do nothing. Without His Spirit we don't belong to Him. All have sinned.

The ungodly unbelievers:
Ephesians 2:
1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

God changed us:
Ephesians 2
4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

But why did He change us?
7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We were without Christ and without hope:
11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

But Joseph Smith had many objections and started a new religion.
Like Frank Sinatra, Smith wanted to "do it my way." Instead of Jesus' way.

1 John 1:7 is God's word of encouragement to believers. We have been saved by the faith GOD gave us. Bonnie already told you that but since it disagrees with Mormonism, you reject it. Those who insist on following Joseph Smith, follow his false gods.

Only Christians can walk in God's light. We LOVE God's word. We are saved by God.
We walk in the light ONLY when we walk in Jesus Christ. For HE is the "Light of the world."

Bonnie doesn't pawn her faith in the true Christ. She shares it. You reject it because you believe in false teachers who have poisoned your mind against the TRUE word of God. Your comments are misunderstandings EDIT
Thanks for this. I will no longer respond to the other poster, ever, because of what has happened when I did over the past three versions of this board. All I got, over and over again I listed in the Mormon debate tactics in my signature, except ad homs.

I predict that you will see written soon after this is "That is the usual response from someone who cannot deal with the Scriptural witness I posted" or something similar. But that is a lie. I have dealt with every single point, Bible verse, etc. thrown at me on here over the years. I have archived many of them, like the following:

1.walking in the light
2. Ps. 82, ad nauseum, and the supposed plurality of gods
3. James 2:24
4. What "obey" means in certain contexts in the Bible
5. Matthew 19 and what Jesus told the rich young ruler

And others I have forgotten. I would have to check my archived posts. But to say I have not or cannot deal with these subjects is a bald-faced lie. Before Almighty God in Christ Jesus I am telling the truth. Others on here are my witnesses. You probably have seen examples of it, too.

So, again I thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Christians do.

You don't agree that Christians obey God unless you are pretending that Mormons are the Christians and Christians are not. You are not a Christian. You are a Joseph Smith follower. You are ignorant of the meaning of "faith alone." So you repeatedly fight against those who aren't trying to earn their salvation. Eternal life is a gift of God. People earn wages. People are given gifts. Mormons are given extra-biblical laws and ordinances.

Joseph Smith followers endorse his multiple false teachings about gods, false prophets, a false gospel, etc.

I have actually posted here for years. I've shared lots of information about Mormonism. Mormonism is a pack of lies.

dberrie said---I agree. Christians do.

Janice Bower said:
It isn't my job to give you faith.

"By their fruits ye shall know them," but you don't believe, so that verse apparently means nothing to you.

Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

And what are you claiming Eph2:8 violates about Hebrews5:9?

God extending His grace of eternal life to them which obey Him isn't the result of works--it's the result of His grace. If we labored all the days of our life for eternal life--it would still be by grace.

Hi Janice! I found this old thread where Theo and I dealt with a certain poster's points and Bible verses, but we got almost no response to ours. Just more of what is listed in my signature. It is a very old thread, so it cannot be bumped. But it is intetesting, to me, anyway.

Here is what I usually post when the bit about "obey" pops up on here:

But it is ignored.

Last edited:
You don't agree that Christians obey God unless you are pretending that Mormons are the Christians and Christians are not.

I'm claiming just what the Biblical text testifies to--Christians obey God--and He extends His grace of eternal life to them:

dberrie said---I agree. Christians do.

And what are you claiming Eph2:8 violates about Hebrews5:9?

God extending His grace of eternal life to them which obey Him isn't the result of works--it's the result of His grace. If we labored all the days of our life for eternal life--it would still be by grace.

Which is sideways to faith alone theology--which excludes all acts of obedience to Jesus Christ--in obtaining eternal life.

You don't agree that Christians obey God unless you are pretending that Mormons are the Christians and Christians are not. You are not a Christian. You are a Joseph Smith follower. You are ignorant of the meaning of "faith alone." So you repeatedly fight against those who aren't trying to earn their salvation. Eternal life is a gift of God. People earn wages. People are given gifts. Mormons are given extra-biblical laws and ordinances.

Joseph Smith followers endorse his multiple false teachings about gods, false prophets, a false gospel, etc.

I have actually posted here for years. I've shared lots of information about Mormonism. Mormonism is a pack of lies.
What you wrote is the absolute truth. God bless you.

I'm claiming just what the Biblical text testifies to--Christians obey God--and He extends His grace of eternal life to them:

Which is sideways to faith alone theology--which excludes all acts of obedience to Jesus Christ--in obtaining eternal life.
Your posts may contain Bible verses; so did Joseph Smith. Even Satan can quote the Bible and disguise himself as an angel of light. I've read your posts for years. I watched fellow Mormons for years. I studied Mormonism for almost sixty years.

The Book of Mormon is a tool for missionaries to use. But there are more glaring obstacles to learn in other Mormon so-called scriptures.

You have a HUGE obstacle in your path. You must EARN God's gifts of grace and eternal life!

CELESTIAL SALVATION. Those who keep the full law and obey all the commandments of God are heirs of full salvation in the celestial kingdom, the glory of which the sun is spoken of as being typical. These overcome all things and receive a fulness of the blessings, power, and glory of the Father.
Doctrines of Salvation, 2:21

dberrie2020 said:----I'm claiming just what the Biblical text testifies to--Christians obey God--and He extends His grace of eternal life to them:

Your posts may contain Bible verses; so did Joseph Smith. Even Satan can quote the Bible and disguise himself as an angel of light.

And could you explain just how that mitigates the testimony of the Biblical text above--or exonerates faith alone theology from it's testimony?

You have a HUGE obstacle in your path. You must EARN God's gifts of grace and eternal life!

CELESTIAL SALVATION. Those who keep the full law and obey all the commandments of God are heirs of full salvation in the celestial kingdom, the glory of which the sun is spoken of as being typical. These overcome all things and receive a fulness of the blessings, power, and glory of the Father.
Doctrines of Salvation, 2:21

Would this be an example of that?

Revelation 22:14---King James Version

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Janice--you have no where to go, IMO. You keep leveling charges against the LDS--only to find those accusations are also leveled in the Biblical text--against your charges!

What you wrote is the absolute truth. God bless you.

So, Bonnie--is this an absolute truth also?

1 John 2:3-4---King James Version
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

The absolute truth manifested there is either the Biblical record is true--or faith alone theology.--but not both. They are unwittingly at odds with one another.

I'll choose the testimony of the Biblical text.

Bonnie hasn't addressed a single post to me, that I am aware of. Nor has she answered a single post I have addressed to her.

Inquiring minds need to know:

"Just a note here, Bonnie. The theology you pawn here excludes all acts of obedience to Jesus Christ--in obtaining eternal life. It's a faith without works which is salvational faith in faith alone theology. Something the Biblical writer labeled a faith which is dead.

James 2:20-26---King James Version
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Care to explain that to us?"

Anyone?
You really expect responses when you use rhetoric like “the theology you pawn here?”

You really expect responses when you use rhetoric like “the theology you pawn here?”

Yes. And if you could defend that theology--I suppose you would do it. It isn't Biblical, it isn't truth. It comes from satan--and that's what is pawned here by our critics.

Preaching God gives one eternal life without any acts of obedience to Jesus Christ has it's roots in satan--not God.

1 John 1:7--King James Version

Mag--that comes from God--and it defies faith alone theology.

Preaching God gives one eternal life without any acts of obedience to Jesus Christ has it's roots in satan--not God.
Preaching this:

Articles of Faith
3. We we believe that through the Atonement of [Mormon]Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to laws and ordinances of the [Mormon]Gospel.

does not have its roots in the Bible.

1. Doctrine and Covenants 130, verse 3
John 14:23 --- The appearing of the Father and the Son, in that verse, is a personal appearance; and the idea that the Father and the Son dwell in a man's heart is an old sectarian notion, and is false.

2.Doctrine and Covenants 130, verse 22
The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's; the Son also...

3. The Mormons' gospel is not the good news; it requires obedience to Mormon laws and ordinances not found in the Bible.

Examples:

Accepting leaders' callings because they came from God.
Making and keeping covenants in the temple.
Having spouse and children sealed to you in a Mormon temple.
Having or participating in proxy work for deceased ancestors.

ETC.

Preaching this:

Articles of Faith
3. We we believe that through the Atonement of [Mormon]Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to laws and ordinances of the [Mormon]Gospel.

does not have its roots in the Bible.

You might want to relate that to the Biblical writers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back