Mormons are required to earn each blessing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron was the first High Priest. and only Levites could hold that priesthood. The duty of the Aaronic priesthood was to make sin offerings.
That priesthood became obsolete when Christ became our sin offering. (Hebrews 13:10-12)
10We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. 11For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. 12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Where did God command polygamy in the Bible? COMMAND it?

Abraham was a polygamist. Period.

After Abraham dies--God gave this testimony:

Genesis 26:4-5---King James Version
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

Could you explain that for us?

Aaron was the first High Priest. and only Levites could hold that priesthood. The duty of the Aaronic priesthood was to make sin offerings.
That priesthood became obsolete when Christ became our sin offering. (Hebrews 13:10-12)
10We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. 11For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. 12Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

Are you referring to this priesthood?

Exodus 40:13-15---King James Version
13 And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
14 And thou shalt bring his sons, and clothe them with coats:
15 And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations

Amen. The Aaronic priesthood is null and void, since Christ Jesus fulfilled completely by the Sacrifice of Himself the old animal sacrificial system of the Law of Moses. Which means no more need for any Aaronic priesthood. Which means the one in the LDS church is completely phony. ONLY descendants of Aaron could hold it anyway, in the OT Law of Moses. Which means that not only is the Aaronic priesthood in Mormonism unnecessary, it is a lie, from start to finish. The LDS church LIES when it says it "restores" the Aaronic priesthood and the authority that goes with it. There is NO NEED to restore that which is obsolete and no longer necessary:

Aaron was the first High Priest
No. He wasn't. The first high priest recorded in the Bible is Melchizedek. There were many after him after the order of Melchizedek. Certainly, Moses was. The Bible indicates that David was and Solomon also. There should be little doubt that all the prophets were. There was an entire school of prophets that operated entirely outside of the Aaronic or Levitical priesthood. They were the oracles of God, not Aaron and the other Levitical offspring.
The duty of the Aaronic priesthood was to make sin offerings.
The duty of the Aaronic priesthood was to administer a sacrament, that Jesus replaced with bread and wine and made it available not only for the Levites. but for everyone.
A new sacrament for which the old sacrament had been done away. The sacrament was replaced, not the priesthood necessary to administer it. The only role that was replaced was that of the effigy high priest.

The Aaronic priesthood is null and void
Just because you believe it is, doesn't make it so. The only thing observable is that you don't have anything even remotely resembling that organization or the priesthood that Jesus himself organized in the new testament church. I don't know if you saw @dberrie2020 post here. But it appears that either you believe God is lying or you don't have a clue what should be in God's church.
There is NO NEED to restore that which is obsolete and no longer necessary:
As long as there are mortals living on this earth, there will always be a need for the priesthood that administers the temporal concerns of the community of Christ. Tithing, Distribution of that tithing, the sacrament preparing and distributing and ministering to the members of the church all fall under those temporal concerns. As long as people need to eat, wear clothes and renew their covenants with God through the sacrament, then that priesthood is going to be here. The difference is, it no longer belongs solely to the Levites.

Just because you believe it is, doesn't make it so. The only thing observable is that you don't have anything even remotely resembling that organization or the priesthood that Jesus himself organized in the new testament church. I don't know if you saw @dberrie2020 post here. But it appears that either you believe God is lying or you don't have a clue what should be in God's church.

As long as there are mortals living on this earth, there will always be a need for the priesthood that administers the temporal concerns of the community of Christ. Tithing, Distribution of that tithing, the sacrament preparing and distributing and ministering to the members of the church all fall under those temporal concerns. As long as people need to eat, wear clothes and renew their covenants with God through the sacrament, then that priesthood is going to be here. The difference is, it no longer belongs solely to the Levites.
Read Hebrews 8-13.

Amen. The Aaronic priesthood is null and void, since Christ Jesus fulfilled completely by the Sacrifice of Himself the old animal sacrificial system of the Law of Moses. Which means no more need for any Aaronic priesthood. Which means the one in the LDS church is completely phony. ONLY descendants of Aaron could hold it anyway, in the OT Law of Moses. Which means that not only is the Aaronic priesthood in Mormonism unnecessary, it is a lie, from start to finish. The LDS church LIES when it says it "restores" the Aaronic priesthood and the authority that goes with it. There is NO NEED to restore that which is obsolete and no longer necessary:

Could you explain this for us?

Exodus 40:13-15---King James Version
13 And thou shalt put upon Aaron the holy garments, and anoint him, and sanctify him; that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
14 And thou shalt bring his sons, and clothe them with coats:
15 And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations

Thanks for this. I will no longer respond to the other poster, ever, because of what has happened when I did over the past three versions of this board. All I got, over and over again I listed in the Mormon debate tactics in my signature, except ad homs.

I predict that you will see written soon after this is "That is the usual response from someone who cannot deal with the Scriptural witness I posted" or something similar. But that is a lie. I have dealt with every single point, Bible verse, etc. thrown at me on here over the years. I have archived many of them, like the following:

1.walking in the light
2. Ps. 82, ad nauseum, and the supposed plurality of gods
3. James 2:24
4. What "obey" means in certain contexts in the Bible
5. Matthew 19 and what Jesus told the rich young ruler

And others I have forgotten. I would have to check my archived posts.

Since there is such a long list--I could understand why you have forgotten.

Pulling up an old thread to try to bait Bonnie into responding to you. Not getting enough attention?

As has already been noted--I've been on a tour of the United States for some time. One thing for sure--I get a lot of attention--especially from you, and I appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back