Mormons, Commandment Breakers

A particular Mormon in this forum likes to think he keeps the Commandments... But does he really?

Genesis 20

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

[Mormons oppose the YHWH of the Bible. They prefer the generic Elohim as a replacement.]

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

[Mormons bow to an Elohim who had a beginning, not the infinite creator of all things]

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

[Mormons reject the Biblical YHWH, therefore, do not love the YHWH of the Bible]

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

[Mormons do not keep the Sabbath]

Mormons are commandment breakers. They are a lawless people who have conformed a religion around what they think is important...

Theo1689

A particular Mormon in this forum likes to think he keeps the Commandments... But does he really?

Genesis 20

[Mormons oppose the YHWH of the Bible. They prefer the generic Elohim as a replacement.]

This is an interesting one, and proves that Joseph Smith didn't know the first thing about Hebrew.

Mormons believe "Jehovah" (from "YHWH") refers to Jesus, and "Elohim" refers to Heavenly Father.

But in actual fact:

"YHWH" - called the Tetragrammaton (meaning "four letters");
- it is God's NAME (WHO God is).
- most Bible translations render "YHWH" in the Old Testament as "LORD".

"Elohim" - meaning "god" (or "gods").
- It is WHAT God is.

To put it in perspective:

"dberrie is a man."
"Bugs is a bunny."
"Rover is a dog".
"YHWH is (a) God."

In contrast to "YHWH" (or "Jehovah") and "Elohim" being separate deities, as Mormonism teaches, the Bible teaches that they are the SAME being:

Deut. 4:35 <YHWH> is <Elohim>; there is no other besides him.
Deut. 4:39 ... that <YHWH> is <Elohim> ... there is no other.
Josh. 22:34 ... is a witness between us that <YHWH> is <Elohim>.
1Kings 8:60 ... may know that <YHWH> is <Elohim>; there is no other.
1Kings 18:21 ... If <YHWH> is <Elohim>, follow him; ...
Psa. 33:12 ... Blessed is the nation whose <Elohim> is <YHWH>,
Psa. 118:27 <YHWH> is <Elohim>, ...
Psa. 144:15 ... Blessed are the people whose <Elohim> is <YHWH>!

Bonnie

Genesis 20

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

[Mormons bow to an Elohim who had a beginning, not the infinite creator of all things]

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

[Mormons reject the Biblical YHWH, therefore, do not love the YHWH of the Bible]

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

[Mormons do not keep the Sabbath]

Mormons are commandment breakers. They are a lawless people who have conformed a religion around what they think is important...
Love your last line!