Mormons hope to become Gods and Create Planets to Rule

True Christianity is keeping the commandments, even when we don't need to.

When does one not need to?

1 John 2:3-4---King James Version
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Not to selfishly "obtain salvation".

Jesus tied keeping the commandments with eternal life--He didn't add any such conditions as you postulate:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

But because we TRULY love God.

Again--

John 14:21-24---King James Version
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Why the critics here kick and spit when those scriptures are posted---and add all sorts of silly diversions to the reality of the testimony above--can't be for any other reason than it violates their theology, IMO.

The above scriptures reflect exactly what one will find being taught in the LDS church.

dberrie2020 said: Mag--I have a question about that statement--- "have to keep the commandments"--for what to happen?

Nothing. We try to keep the commandments because God told us that’s how He wants us to live, and we are grateful to Him for our salvation.

This was your post???

Magdalena said: That doesn’t say you don’t have to keep the commandments if you’re saved.

So--if in not keeping the commandments--nothing would happen--then why would one "have to keep the commandments"?--as you suggested above?

If nothing happens if one does not keep the commandments--then one doesn't have to keep them.

When does one not need to?

1 John 2:3-4---King James Version
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

You seem to have difficulty comprehending English.
This does NOT say, "We do know that we will earn our salvation, if we keep his commandments".
It says, "we do know that we KNOW him".

Keeping his commandments is evidence that we KNOW God, and are KNOWN BY God.
It comes AFTER we are saved.
We keep His commandments, NOT out of "necessity", but because we KNOW God, and LOVE God.

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

That is correct.

Jesus tied keeping the commandments with eternal life--He didn't add any such conditions as you postulate:

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

You still don't get it.
Tie that in with Rom. 3:19-20.
The commandments were NEVER meant to save us, they were to CONVICT us of our sin, and draw us to plead for mercy:

Rom. 3:19 Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. 20 For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin.

Why the critics here kick and spit when those scriptures are posted---

Worthless trash-talk.
We love those verses.
But unlike you, we actually UNDERSTAND them.

and add all sorts of silly diversions to the reality of the testimony above--can't be for any other reason than it violates their theology, IMO.

"Silly diversions"?

So we have to accept ONLY your twisted interpretations, and any attempts to show Scripture that PROPERLY sheds light on YOUR verses is "silly diversions"?

The above scriptures reflect exactly what one will find being taught in the LDS church.

Then the entire LDS church is condemned eternally in hell, just like the Pharisees.

The commandments were NEVER meant to save us, they were to CONVICT us of our sin, and draw us to plead for mercy:
Don't you just love Pres. Nelson...

He has promised us that we can know His commandments are true when we live them (see John 7:17). President Russell M. Nelson taught: “Because the Father and the Son love us with infinite, perfect love and because They know we cannot see everything They see, They have given us laws that will guide and protect us.

This was your post???

So--if in not keeping the commandments--nothing would happen--then why would one "have to keep the commandments"?--as you suggested above?

If nothing happens if one does not keep the commandments--then one doesn't have to keep them.
We don't keep the so-called commandments that Joseph Smith said would allow a person to have eternal life!

We don't keep the so-called commandments that Joseph Smith said would allow a person to have eternal life!

That's good, Janice--but I don't believe that is where the problem for the critics begin:

This was your post???

You misread my comments. Please don’t give them meanings which aren’t there.

You misread my comments. Please don’t give them meanings which aren’t there.

I beg to differ. Here is our exchange:

dberrie2020 said: Mag--I have a question about that statement--- "have to keep the commandments"--for what to happen?

Magdalena said:
Nothing. We try to keep the commandments because God told us that’s how He wants us to live, and we are grateful to Him for our salvation.

Again--if nothing happens--then why would one have to keep the commandments?

John 14:21---King James Version
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Back