Mormons reject the Bible

Theo1689

It seems that on a regular basis, Mormons provide their own teachings that run directly CONTRARY to what the Bible teaches. It's simply a matter of differing interpretations of ambiguous statements, but straight-out denials of Scripture. The first one on the list just came up today:

1) Bible: "So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab" (Deut. 34:5)
Mormon: Moses DIDN'T die!

2) Bible: "Who is the image of the invisible God," (Col. 1:15)
Mormon: God is NOT invisible!

3) Bible: "God is not a man" (Num. 23:19)
Mormon: God IS a man!

4) Bible: "there is none other God but one." (1 Cor. 8:4)
Mormon: There are MANY gods!

5) Bible: " For by grace are ye saved through faith; [...] Not of works" (Eph. 2:8-9)
Mormon: Works ARE required!

And while they sometimes have their own "proof-texts", the problems are:
1) they are not willing to discuss the CONTEXT of their proof-texts;
2) they refuse to look at passages that run contrary to their claims.

dberrie2020

It seems that on a regular basis, Mormons provide their own teachings that run directly CONTRARY to what the Bible teaches. It's simply a matter of differing interpretations of ambiguous statements, but straight-out denials of Scripture.

2) Bible: "Who is the image of the invisible God," (Col. 1:15)
Mormon: God is NOT invisible!

Which means you don't believe Jesus is God:

Luke 24:39---King James Version
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Theo1689

Which means you don't believe Jesus is God:

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

A perfect example!
The Mormon poster completely IGNORES (and rejects) Col 1:15, 1 Tim. 1:17, and Heb. 11:27.

And he also tries to turn criticisms around, and IGNORES the criticism of Mormonism, and tries instead to attack the Christian.

And again, the Mormon conflates the Father with the Son.
God the Father did NOT have a "body of flesh and bones".

No, I do NOT in any way, shape, or form deny that Jesus is God.

I simply deny that His human body is an aspect of His deity.
It is a form He took UPON Himself.

dberrie2020

It seems that on a regular basis, Mormons provide their own teachings that run directly CONTRARY to what the Bible teaches. It's simply a matter of differing interpretations of ambiguous statements, but straight-out denials of Scripture.

Says those who might reject the Biblical text--and Jesus being God:

1 Timothy 2:5---King James Version
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Theo1689

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So you deny Num. 23:19.
Or else you believe the Bible contradictory, and therefore unreliable and useless.
So which is it?

dberrie2020

A perfect example!
The Mormon poster completely IGNORES (and rejects) Col 1:15, 1 Tim. 1:17, and Heb. 11:27.

What is there about Luke24:39--which you believe "IGNORES" those verses?

And again, the Mormon conflates the Father with the Son.
God the Father did NOT have a "body of flesh and bones".

You stated "God". How many Gods do you believe there is?

No, I do NOT in any way, shape, or form deny that Jesus is God.

I simply deny that His human body is an aspect of His deity.
It is a form He took UPON Himself.

That's still God:

How could they have seen God--if He was invisible?

Theo1689

Deut. 4:35 ... the Lord is God; there is no other besides him
Deut. 4:39 ... the Lord is God... there is no other.
Deut. 32:39 ... and there is no god besides me;
2 Sam. 7:22 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
2 Sam. 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD?
1 Kings 8:60 ... the Lord is God; there is no other.
1 Chr. 17:20 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
Isa. 44:6 ... I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.
Isa. 44:8 ... Is there a God beside me? yea,there is no God; I know not any.
Isa. 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me:
Is. 45:21 ... there is no God else besides me;
Isa 45:22 ... for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa. 46:9 ... for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
Mark 12:32 … for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
1 Cor. 8:4 … and that there is none other God but one.

dberrie2020

So you deny Num. 23:19.
Or else you believe the Bible contradictory, and therefore unreliable and useless.
So which is it?
Numbers is OT--where Jesus had not become man as of yet. In the NT--Jesus became a man, and took on Him a body of flesh and bones:

Christianity 101

Theo1689

Numbers is OT--where Jesus had not become man as of yet. In the NT--

And since Mormonism teaches "men become gods", that completely annihilates Mormonism.

Great job! ;)

Jesus became a man, and took on Him a body of flesh and bones:

Amen!

Bible: "God became a man."
Mormonism: "Man becomes a god".

The completely OPPOSITE teaching.

Once again, annihilating Mormonism!
Great job! ;)

dberrie2020

Deut. 4:35 ... the Lord is God; there is no other besides him
Deut. 4:39 ... the Lord is God... there is no other.
Deut. 32:39 ... and there is no god besides me;
2 Sam. 7:22 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
2 Sam. 22:32 For who is God, save the LORD?
1 Kings 8:60 ... the Lord is God; there is no other.
1 Chr. 17:20 ... neither is there any God besides thee, ...
Isa. 44:6 ... I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.
Isa. 44:8 ... Is there a God beside me? yea,there is no God; I know not any.
Isa. 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God besides me:
Is. 45:21 ... there is no God else besides me;
Isa 45:22 ... for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa. 46:9 ... for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Since Jesus Christ was the God of the OT--how are you using that to distinguish God as a resurrected man of flesh and bones?

Did the NT apostles see God?

dberrie2020

And since Mormonism teaches "men become gods", that completely annihilates Mormonism.

So--were the men the critics believe God was referring to here---gods before they were men--or were they gods all along?

John 10:34-35---King James Version
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Bible: "God became a man."
Mormonism: "Man becomes a god".

The LDS believe Jesus Christ was the God of the OT--before He became man.

Bonnie

Jesus is BOTH God and man. It is as a man that He is the one mediator between us and God, isn't He?

Bonnie

So--were the men the critics believe God was referring to here---gods before they were men--or were they gods all along?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Already discussed Ps. 82 ad nauseum on here, dberrie--haven't we?

And we believe that Jesus Christ was the eternal Word of God, Who is God, before He took on the additional nature of man at His incarnation...but it was ONLY the Word of God Who became flesh for our sakes, not the Father...show us from the Bible where the Father has flesh and bones....can you?

Bonnie

What is there about Luke24:39--which you believe "IGNORES" those verses?

That's still God:

How could they have seen God--if He was invisible?
But this is about God the Son, NOT God the Father! Jesus is BOTH God and Man...isn't He? It is the FATHER that no one has ever seen, but Jesus has "explained" Him....right?

dberrie2020

But this is about God the Son, NOT God the Father!

Again--that only means you don't believe Jesus Christ is God:

Theo1689 said:

dberrie2020

Theo1689 said: And since Mormonism teaches "men become gods", that completely annihilates Mormonism.

dberrie2020 said: So--were the men the critics believe God was referring to here---gods before they were men--or were they gods all along?

Already discussed Ps. 82 ad nauseum on here, dberrie--haven't we?

And we believe that Jesus Christ was the eternal Word of God, Who is God, before He took on the additional nature of man at His incarnation...but it was ONLY the Word of God Who became flesh for our sakes, not the Father...show us from the Bible where the Father has flesh and bones....can you?

Please do explain how that touches my concern above?

Again--if you believe the "gods" of John 10 were men--then were they gods before they were men--or were they gods all along, IE--

Theo1689 said: And since Mormonism teaches "men become gods", that completely annihilates Mormonism.

dberrie2020

Jesus is BOTH God and man. It is as a man that He is the one mediator between us and God, isn't He?

You might want to relate that to Theo:

Theo1689 said:

Bonnie

You might want to relate that to Theo:
And you might want to stop misrepresenting what others write, because it is perfectly obvious that Theo is referencing God the Father, not Jesus Christ--he has said so many times on here, that God the Father NEVER became a man, but Jesus did, and Jesus is God...post no.. 3 here...do you ever remember what people write to you on here? Or are you just pretending, for your own amusement?

Last edited: