Mormons teach Adam was OUR GOD

The Prophet

and why not if Abraham Isaac and Jacob are gods

Doctrine and Covenants section 132:

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, because they were given unto him, and he abode in my law; as Isaac also and Jacob did none other things than that which they were commanded; and because they did none other things than that which they were commanded, they have entered into their exaltation, according to the promises, and sit upon thrones, and are not angels but are gods.

Bonnie

BYoung USED to teach that "Adam is our God and the only God with which we have to do" I think is how he put it. Caused plenty of dissention and angsting in the LDS church. This teaching was quietly dropped after Young's death.

Now ,seems to me that a "prophet" who teaches such gross falsehoods would be a false prophet...wouldn't you say, Prophet?

Redeemed

and why not if Abraham Isaac and Jacob are gods

Doctrine and Covenants section 132:

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, because they were given unto him, and he abode in my law; as Isaac also and Jacob did none other things than that which they were commanded; and because they did none other things than that which they were commanded, they have entered into their exaltation, according to the promises, and sit upon thrones, and are not angels but are gods.

W0W!!! that's heavy, it's kind of shocking really. It's scary to think so many mainstream Christians believe that Mormons are also Christians.

YeshuaFan

BYoung USED to teach that "Adam is our God and the only God with which we have to do" I think is how he put it. Caused plenty of dissention and angsting in the LDS church. This teaching was quietly dropped after Young's death.

Now ,seems to me that a "prophet" who teaches such gross falsehoods would be a false prophet...wouldn't you say, Prophet?
Yes, as he also asserted Adam and mary had sex and jesus was result!

Bonnie

Temple Mormons have green aprons that are larger attached to a waist band.
Yep. And in the video shown during the endowment, doesn't Satan wear a black apron and says it is the symbol of his priesthood? Something like that. At one point in the endowment, Satan tells Adam and Eve to make fig leaves for themselves and wear them. Paraphrasing. AT this point, the video stops and the participants put on their OWN green aprons--OBEYING SATAN. Is it EVER a good idea to obey Satan for any reason? EVER?

Bonnie

Yes, as he also asserted Adam and mary had sex and jesus was result!
He wasn't quite that "bald" about it, but said something like "Jesus was begotten of His father, as we are begotten of our fathers." Welllllllll....how are WE begotten of our fathers? :rolleyes:

YeshuaFan

He wasn't quite that "bald" about it, but said something like "Jesus was begotten of His father, as we are begotten of our fathers." Welllllllll....how are WE begotten of our fathers? :rolleyes:
The Mormon prophet did hold that the father of jesus was the same God that we deal with, father Adam!

YeshuaFan

Yep. And in the video shown during the endowment, doesn't Satan wear a black apron and says it is the symbol of his priesthood? Something like that. At one point in the endowment, Satan tells Adam and Eve to make fig leaves for themselves and wear them. Paraphrasing. AT this point, the video stops and the participants put on their OWN green aprons--OBEYING SATAN. Is it EVER a good idea to obey Satan for any reason? EVER?
The Mormons seem to have sharing with the free masons here!

Bonnie

The Mormons seem to have sharing with the free masons here!
Of course! Smith didn't even institute the Endowment until AFTER he himself had become a Freemason and gone through their rituals. A couple of months later, he developed the Endowment ceremony, which is largely adapted from Freemasonry, as has been proven many times.

Some of the worst aspects of it have been dropped--the death oaths while making slashing motions across one's throat and belly; the gestures without the death oaths; the five point fellowship touching (where some of the woman complained that they sometimes felt a "fifth" fellowship touching from the guy on the other side of the curtain); woman promising to obey their husbands; and being washed first with water, then anointed with oil, all over one's body, by someone of the same gender. Now they are just anointed on the forehead.

Last edited:

YeshuaFan

Of course! Smith didn't even institute the Endowment until AFTER he himself had become a Freemason and gone through their rituals. A couple of months later, he developed the Endowment ceremony, which is largely adapted from Freemasonry, as has been proven many times.

Some of the worst aspects of it have been dropped--the death oaths while making slashing motions across one's throat and belly; the gestures without the death oaths; the five point fellowship touching (where some of the woman complained that they sometimes felt a "fifth" fellowship touching from the guy on the other side of the curtain); woman promising to obey their husbands; and being washed first with water, then anointed with oil, all over one's body, by someone of the same gender. Now they are just anointed on the forehead.
My father was a Shriner, 33 degree mason, so seemed familiar to me!