Mormons vs Mormonism

Is that an example of Mormon tolerance and compassion?
I have no willingness to debate ignorant folks who make false statements about what I stated correctly...

Peter 2
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:

Book of Mormon:

In the Bible, the Apostle Paul taught, “In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established” (2 Corinthians 13:1). When God teaches an important principle, He sends another source to confirm it. The Book of Mormon is a second witness to the Bible’s teachings. LDS.org

I have no willingness to debate ignorant folks who make false statements about what I stated correctly...

Peter 2
15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men:
Mormon arrogance.

radvermin said: You also say that the doctrines have change significantly,
Richard said: you would have to acknowledge
doctrine had changed immensely

Troll... I stand by what I stated.... Doctrine has changed immensely...
I know you stand by what you stated and I repeated what you stated. I've given proof of this.
You said I added to them but have given no proof of that.
Do you want to be angry with me and call me names? If so, go right ahead. I'm pretty thick skinned.

Right, man has changed the interpretation of the Gospel or doctrine of Christ immensely.... not only is that correct but we teach it also...

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”
First Vision Account.

I know you stand by what you stated and I repeated what you stated. I've given proof of this.
You said I added to them but have given no proof of that.
Do you want to be angry with me and call me names? If so, go right ahead. I'm pretty thick skinned.
Here it is again.... you may need a thick skin after reading a truth...

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”
First Vision Account.

LDS humility, so much more appealing than self importance, truth, light and knowledge brings on the doctrine of being born again...
Yea, It is my understanding that arrogance is a position where one puts down another person or diminishes them in order to elevate themselves. Who is it who condemns others to hell? Is it us or our critics?

Of course, our critics will justify themselves (another sign of arrogance) and say, not so. But ask them if we can be saved and of course we can't. But that is up to us, but of course, according to them, it isn't. What does our actions have to do with being saved, right?

LDS humility, so much more appealing than self importance, truth, light and knowledge brings on the doctrine of being born again...
Self importance, like believing you’re going to become a god? And that you hold priesthood power? And that people can only get into God’s kingdom through your church? There is no humility there.

Self importance, like believing you’re going to become a god? And that you hold priesthood power? And that people can only get into God’s kingdom through your church? There is no humility there.
Like the old testament worthy and chosen Patriarchs and others I was ordained a High Priest in the Melchizedek Priesthood... this is a great honor to able to bless others and family with that given authority and power from God...

What a honor to have the Priesthood of God named after you... Melchizedek....

Hebrews 7:3

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.​

Do I hear a apology? evidence and facts hardly make me a liar... I showed you the truth and you made up the lie about me...
Richard, I apologize.

With regards to
My understanding was that you meant that doctrines have changed since the time of Jesus within Protestantism, whereas it seems that you were referring to the time between Jesus and the "church fathers".
That error and my inability to take your words seriously led to continually being in error and causing you frustration that wasn't deserved.
I was wrong in thinking that I had quoted you and understood you correctly/accurately.

I ask for your forgiveness.

Richard, I apologize.

With regards to
Richard said: you would have to acknowledge doctrine had changed immensely
My understanding was that you meant that doctrines have changed since the time of Jesus within Protestantism, whereas it seems that you were referring to the time between Jesus and the "church fathers".
That error and my inability to take your words seriously led to continually being in error and causing you frustration that wasn't deserved.
I was wrong in thinking that I had quoted you and understood you correctly/accurately.

I ask for your forgiveness.
Thanks... let us continue to debate in peace...

And that people can only get into God’s kingdom through your church?

Mag--I don't find Richard's name anywhere here: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

So--how many denominations did Jesus have in the NT? Was it founded on the living, mortal apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ being the Chief Corner Stone?

Where do we find numerous denominations--teaching sundry different doctrines, and naming their churches after ordinary men, or places---and without the living, mortal apostles and prophets--in the NT Bible?

Ephesians 2:20---King James Version
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

Exactly.

1) They repeatedly post their "proof-texts" with no exegesis, and refuse to address the Biblical passages which contradict their theology.

2) They attack Evangelical Christianity.

3) They attack Evangelical Christians.

4) If we try to bring up something Mormonism teaches, they simply respond, "That's not what we believe, you're all liars!!!", instead of actually responding with something productive, such as, "I know what you're referring to, but you made a minor error in your description, let me explain to you what we actually believe".

1) I've addressed many of your so-called prooftexts.
2) Disagreement isn't an attack on your beliefs.
3) Minor errors is that the descriptor that you chose to use? LOL No your to lazy to actually learn what we actually teach and rely instead on religious hacks. I would use the actual and appropriate term however the site owner has banned it.

Like the old testament worthy and chosen Patriarchs and others I was ordained a High Priest in the Melchizedek Priesthood... this is a great honor to able to bless others and family with that given authority and power from God...

What a honor to have the Priesthood of God named after you... Melchizedek....

Hebrews 7:3​

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.​

Hebrews 7:3 is not talking about an office, but Jesus who was God from eternity

Hebrews 7:3 is not talking about an office,but Jesus who was God from eternity

Hebrews 7:23-25

New King James Version

23 Also there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from continuing.

24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.

25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Last edited:
Back