Mother is in the hospital again

She also has a concurrent unrelated infection to the previously aforementioned. To the extent of that infection I'm not sure. She receiving an antibiotic for that. Her status is critical.

Last edited:
Update: Without going into details we will likely move mom to another facility.

Update Mom is home and clear of infection!!! We have some new things to deal with but we are thankful none the less. Things astern too terribly different. We may request a different strategy for two that were offered. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!

Update Mom is home and clear of infection!!! We have some new things to deal with but we are thankful none the less. Things astern too terribly different. We may request a different strategy for two that were offered. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!

Indeed - great news Nic. Praise Jesus' name.

___

How is your mom doing today?

Reactions: Nic
How is your mom doing today?
Not so great. In two hospital stays the wisdom of the day was fluid overload. If I had to guess, 85% of the people across the board in any industry are incompetent. I resuscitated my mother twice in the hospital, once after the staffer left and the other time after the staffer step aside to answer the phone to say, "the family member is in the room." At one point I was told my mom couldn't go home utilizing 5L of O²/min. It turns out they weren't giving her her breathing treatments I had informed them about. Then a few days later I told them the nasal canulla was upside-down but not to fret, I fixed it. Then this person said I had it wrong and switched it back. Three days later I informed another that my mom isn't getting her oxygen because the canulla was sealed against inside tip of my mom's nose. After that they simply pulled it. In recalling the doctors comments from their notes, they seemed surprised mom was improving. Maybe they should be surprised more than what they are?
My suggestion never leave a loved one unattended in a hospital. Since having mom home resuscitation has become a daily concern. They sent her home with so much fluid I stopped feeding her in attempts to ficus on pulling off the water so she could at least breathe a bit. I had her off the lasix altogether before our visit. When I came home they prescribed 20mg for the next 90 days. The first week alone I kept the 40mg and even maybe another 10mg just to get the water off of her. My mom looked like a fatted large seal on an ice flow and my mom's weight had been trim before the visit. Two separate nurses flat out disobeyed the doctors orders for fluids saying your mom doesn't need fluids like this especially having congestive heart failure (her last parting gift from the previous hospital). The next day I was informed the doctor insisted my mom needed them and gave this remedial explanation of feeding her this way because my mom wasn't eating. They caused that too, but I digress. Personally and cynically I generally don't think of salt water food. So my mom barely communicates today. She is non-coperative with almost any request and I don't believe she knows me much of the time or her home any longer.
Thanks for asking. I still try to be eternally optimistic where my mom is concerned, but it's much more difficult today.

Nic:)

I’ve worked in the hospital field for 22+ years as a lab tech, so I agree there are a lot of incompetent folk in the field. Sounds like you are up to date on what to do and not to do. It’s sad reading what you’re going through, but I think of the Bible accounts of great men of God who at the end of their lives were very feeble. If we, too, live to a ripe old age, will more than likely experience what they went through. My continued prayers for you and your mom.

Back