Mother Mary

What is ironic, is that there are things that are explicitly taught in the bible, like Jesus saying eat my flesh, that protestants reject. It is like you want it both ways.
No, we do not reject this notion any more than you reject the idea of self-mutilation in order to prevent sin.

If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. (Matt. 5:29–30)​

I have not seen the suggestion in formal Catholic documents, or in discussion forums like this one, that we are actually supposed to cut off our limbs if need be. Would you say that you, therefore, reject this passage?

No, we do not reject this notion any more than you reject the idea of self-mutilation in order to prevent sin.

If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell. (Matt. 5:29–30)​

I have not seen the suggestion in formal Catholic documents, or in discussion forums like this one, that we are actually supposed to cut off our limbs if need be. Would you say that you, therefore, reject this passage?
Like the Pharisees, they choke on a gnat and swallow a camel!

If a person is asking mary, then they are praying; and prayer is a form of worship. I think in the light of all the pretense and games rc's play, the following is quite fitting

Matthew 23:13
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

rc's either don't know the gospel themselves, or if they do are unwilling to share it with others. Either way, it prevents others from getting in who may be reading the threads who have not heard the gospel message. None of the rc's posting think of this while they are playing games and word salads. The games and word salads have shown me the real roman catholic church.

And how do you know that Mary is omnipresent and can hear your prayers?
I know that Jesus gave authority to the Pope/Magisterium. I listen to and believe what those who Jesus gave authority to - the Pope/Magisterium. Whatever the Catholic church teaches that is what I believe.

So the Catholic church teaches that Mary is omnipresent?
I don't believe they teach it, but some RC leaders do. But how else can she collect everyone's prayers from across the world day and night if she is not?

Carm has a list of beliefs from the catechism on Mary:

Back