Mother Mary

Well no bias here. Are you Protestant? If yes I hope you studied up on their bad behavior ,a lot of historical documentation on that too.
For Shulammite--this board is for Catholics and non-Catholics to debate each other. If you are not a Catholic, then you are not allowed to debate other non-Catholics on this board. Please read the rules.

Well read this whole thread and no real compelling arguments as to Titles of Mother Mary nor compelling arguments against her titles that Catholics uphold . I would hate to be represented by any side in this argument in a court of law . Do you people really want the truth or simply (truth as you see it and want it to be)? But remember there is only ONE Truth! I think you two parties love to argue , ya know why? If the Truth was slapped down on this table with verifiable evidence both sides would walk away. And who would they be walking away from? Truly with the Incarnation the rise and fall of many continues.
Jesus is the truth. The problem is who has the final say on what is the truth? The Catholic say Jesus through the Pope, the nCCs say Jesus (God) through scripture alone.

Jesus is the truth. The problem is who has the final say on what is the truth? The Catholic say Jesus through the Pope, the nCCs say Jesus (God) through scripture alone.
Huh. No agenda there. "All authority has been given over to Me by My Father"- Jesus has the final say. And no matter how you turn it , truth is truth and I am not talking to the pope, but to a bunch of people who want to share their denominational views or standins who only bark for biscuits from their handlers. Whichever ! for sure scripture does not contradict its Author because it is willed by God but men can for sure contradict their Creator because they have freewill .

Huh. No agenda there. "All authority has been given over to Me by My Father"- Jesus has the final say. And no matter how you turn it , truth is truth and I am not talking to the pope, but to a bunch of people who want to share their denominational views or standins who only bark for biscuits from their handlers. Whichever ! for sure scripture does not contradict its Author because it is willed by God but men can for sure contradict their Creator because they have freewill .

Jesus said, "Whoever listens to you listens to me..." So obviously Jesus isn't here present with us so how do we know what Jesus says to us?

If it is just scripture alone that works to a certain point, but scripture eventually needs to be interpreted. So who speaks for Jesus when scripture needs to be interpreted?

Jesus said, "Whoever listens to you listens to me..." So obviously Jesus isn't here present with us so how do we know what Jesus says to us?

Jesus wasn't talking about listening to the RCC.
If it is just scripture alone that works to a certain point, but scripture eventually needs to be interpreted. So who speaks for Jesus when scripture needs to be interpreted?
The Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
The HS enables us to understand Scripture. Plus,
Jesus speaks by the HS.
Then why doesn't the Holy Spirit tell the Evangelicals that Baptism is salvific? That the Eucharist is more than symbol?
Isn't that important?

Then why doesn't the Holy Spirit tell the Evangelicals that Baptism is salvific? That the Eucharist is more than symbol?
Isn't that important?
Yes. But this is the Catholic board, and discussing those things as some evangelicals believe them would be off topic for this board, so I will not discuss those here.

But it is the HS Who enables us to believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ unto salvation, for no one can say, "Jesus is Lord" without Him. No need to belong to your church body for that.

Yes. But this is the Catholic board, and discussing those things as some evangelicals believe them would be off topic for this board, so I will not discuss those here.

But it is the HS Who enables us to believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ unto salvation, for no one can say, "Jesus is Lord" without Him. No need to belong to your church body for that.
Then there is a problem. When you say "The Holy Spirit enables us to understand Scripture", who is us?

Then there is a problem. When you say "The Holy Spirit enables us to understand Scripture", who is us?

The only problem is in your mind, for there really is no problem.

"The message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those of us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

And then read 1 Cor. 2:11-16. These verses explain who "us" is.

Last edited:
The only problem is in your mind, for there really is no problem.

"The message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those of us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

And then read 1 Cor. 2:11-16. These verses explain who "us" is.
The problem is in those who think that the Holy Spirit tells one group a different "truth" from another group.

The Church is the pillar and foundation of the Truth.

The problem is in those who think that the Holy Spirit tells one group a different "truth" from another group.

The Church is the pillar and foundation of the Truth.
Oh I always love when the RCs repeat the lies that they are taught, that their institution is the pillar and foundation of the TRUTH. What a joke. It is lead by liars, it teaches lies and it spreads lies. It has introduced the false Marian doctrines for a start which are not in scripture, which are sourced from a book of lies, the POJ. Those lies show who it follows and it is not Jesus.

If it followed the truth, it would not lie, it would not act like the Roman Emperors acted persecuting others and it certainly would expose sin, not vilifying those who point out the sin in the RCC, it would not allow children to be harmed. Just some examples of the acts that reveal who the RCC follows.

It was a women whom Satan tempted that led to the fall of mankind, so it was appropriate that it was through a women that God used to redeem mankind and destroy the works of Satan. God used the most humblest of creatures to defeat the most proud.

God has given us Mary as our mother, and he has placed Mary in a position to help us in our battle against the spiritual forces of darkness. Thank God for giving us Mary as our mother.
No. God has not given Mary to us as our Mother. God is our Father in a Father and Son relationship which includes all that are in Christ. There is no mention of mother in this! Though Jesus is the mother of Jesus through bringing the Messiah to birth does not make Mary our mother or a mother of God. There is no mention of mother of God in scripture and though Jesus is God in the flesh as the son of man and son of God Jesus is the only begotten Son of God which is the Father not Mary. To worship Mary is pure idolatry and is an abomination and is demonic! No it is through the Spirit that we battle spiritual forces not through Mary! The Roman Catholic church is apostate and a counterfeit and a dangerous place to be. Worship Christ and Christ alone and stay away from idols! God bless you. :)

Back