Mother Mary

You know, I suspected the bolded stuff all along. I have read of some who became Mormons or JWs as adult balked at some of their doctrines at the beginning, but figured it was their fault they felt that way, and put it on the shelf, so to speak. They had to tamp down their unease about it, in order to be accepted. So, the same must happen to some who become Catholics.
exactly !

But still, that video of the tacky looking statue, was so shocking and in your face. Its the red flags waving and all the bells and sirens going off in one's head. A person has to be pretty calloused to not sense that.

That means you need to clean out the kitty box real quickly! :p
In the same vein, I have heard of people who did not clean the box. After a while they became desensitized to the odor, and wondered why their friends no longer came around. The RCC really needs to scrub out their box! But I fear that they, like some people, will blame others for smelling the stench and saying something rather than cleaning up the mess. 😩

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

In the same vein, I have heard of people who did not clean the box. After a while they became desensitized to the odor, and wondered why their friends no longer came around. The RCC really needs to scrub out their box! But I fear that they, like some people, will blame others for smelling the stench and saying something rather than cleaning up the mess. 😩

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
This is most certainly true.:)

exactly !

But still, that video of the tacky looking statue, was so shocking and in your face. Its the red flags waving and all the bells and sirens going off in one's head. A person has to be pretty calloused to not sense that.
Or pretty deeply indoctrinated to accept stuff like that parade as being perfectly fine and dandy. I mean, when I saw that Marian parade, I was horrified! Everything in me rebelled against it, as being pagan to the core. But most Catholics are too...desensitized to see it, or if they do, tamp down their unease about it and refuse to deal with it and just accept it.

same for me. see my last post -1741
I think I know what happened...if you hit reply to a post and start replying to it, but don't post it, and hit "reply" to another post, answer it, THEN post that one, the two will get posted together in one post, causing all sorts of mix-ups. I have done that a time or two.

A bible, pen and paper is all that is in our laps. We are then encouraged to read further at home the word of God. NOT other sources....
We are taught to be like the bereans and take what the speaker says to the word of God and check and see if what the speaker said lines up with God's word. We don't just blindly believe the speaker at the podium. God's word is the final authority in all that we see, hear, or read.

God is the supreme authority... not the pope, not the rc cardinals.... and definitely NOT mary.

We do not have a mass for mary. she is not worshipped. IMO non Christians have so watered down the faith to not even know what true worship of God looks like. It is you and your bible, no church nothing. just you.

I dont know why this split like that. ugh. anyway. Have you ever looked into a missal?

You think you are the only one that does this? lol.
Just because Catholics don't have a Mass for Mary doesn't mean that they aren't guilty of worshiping her, by praying to her for help, succor, and salvation, and ascribing powers, glory, praises, and some titles to her, that rightfully belong ONLY to her Divine Son! Catholics are NOT off the hook about this, just because they don't do Masses for Mary!

Just because Catholics don't have a Mass for Mary doesn't mean that they aren't guilty of worshiping her, by praying to her for help, succor, and salvation, and ascribing powers, glory, praises, and some titles to her, that rightfully belong ONLY to her Divine Son! Catholics are NOT off the hook about this, just because they don't do Masses for Mary!
Oh the month of May is for Mary and the month of October for the Rosary and there are the Marian feast days. From Marian.org Feast days are a day to remember with special mention, prayers and possible reading, there can be processions and special masses. So I would say Mary gets quite a few masses. There is what is called a collection of masses for Marian shrines, Lenten and Advent masses from ewtn.com

Just because Catholics don't have a Mass for Mary doesn't mean that they aren't guilty of worshiping her, by praying to her for help, succor, and salvation, and ascribing powers, glory, praises, and some titles to her, that rightfully belong ONLY to her Divine Son! Catholics are NOT off the hook about this, just because they don't do Masses for Mary
A Mass "in honor of" Mary is certainly allowed.

FOR THE DIOCESES OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

From the section marked "MISCELLANEOUS NOTES":
5. Outside Advent, Christmas Time, Lent, and Easter Time, on Saturdays which have no commemoration having the rank of Obligatory Memorial or higher, a Mass in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary may be celebrated. This is indicated in the calendar by “BVM.” [19 such indicators] The readings and prayers may be selected from the Collection of Masses of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Also, 8 more Masses:
Dec 9 Mon THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Dec 12 Thu USA: Our Lady of Guadalupe

Feb 11 Tue Weekday [Our Lady of Lourdes]

May 13 Wed Easter Weekday [Our Lady of Fatima]

Jul 16 Thu Weekday [Our Lady of Mount Carmel]

Sep 15 Tue Our Lady of Sorrows

Oct 7 Tue Our Lady of the Rosary

Dec 10 Thu Advent Weekday [Our Lady of Loreto]

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

At the time Jesus gave the sermon on the mount it wasn't in scripture.

Scripture alone isn't the final/sole authority.

Lord Jesus is the final and sole authority over his body, the body of Christ. He lives in those who love him and his sheep hear his voice.

That is a man made doctrine that itself is not recorded in scripture.

Men like to make up doctrines to serve rather than God's truth the Lord Jesus Christ. Rome has made up more than their fair share.

Oh the month of May is for Mary and the month of October for the Rosary and there are the Marian feast days. From Marian.org Feast days are a day to remember with special mention, prayers and possible reading, there can be processions and special masses. So I would say Mary gets quite a few masses. There is what is called a collection of masses for Marian shrines, Lenten and Advent masses from ewtn.com
Really? Interesting...but the poster may have meant they don't do the Euchatest to Mary. But still, an entire Mass to Mary--? Shameful.

A Mass "in honor of" Mary is certainly allowed.

FOR THE DIOCESES OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

From the section marked "MISCELLANEOUS NOTES":
5. Outside Advent, Christmas Time, Lent, and Easter Time, on Saturdays which have no commemoration having the rank of Obligatory Memorial or higher, a Mass in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary may be celebrated. This is indicated in the calendar by “BVM.” [19 such indicators] The readings and prayers may be selected from the Collection of Masses of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Also, 8 more Masses:
Dec 9 Mon THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY

Dec 12 Thu USA: Our Lady of Guadalupe

Feb 11 Tue Weekday [Our Lady of Lourdes]

May 13 Wed Easter Weekday [Our Lady of Fatima]

Jul 16 Thu Weekday [Our Lady of Mount Carmel]

Sep 15 Tue Our Lady of Sorrows

Oct 7 Tue Our Lady of the Rosary

Dec 10 Thu Advent Weekday [Our Lady of Loreto]

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Ahhhh...thanks for posting this. It appears that the Catholic poster was in error.

Lord Jesus is the final and sole authority over his body, the body of Christ. He lives in those who love him and his sheep hear his voice.

Men like to make up doctrines to serve rather than God's truth the Lord Jesus Christ. Rome has made up more than their fair share.
The Catholic Church has no made-up man made doctrines. The Holy Spirit has guided the Catholic church now for around 2,000 years.

Ahhhh...thanks for posting this. It appears that the Catholic poster was in error.
Again, we'll probably see the Catholic 2-step explaining why what the LitCal plainly says is not what it really means. If I recollect correct, a sign of Gnosticism is having a "secret language" where the common meaning of a word is given a "secret" or "spiritual" meaning known only to those with the "secret knowledge" (gnosis).

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

So pope francis was being guided to follow not one, but two different pagan rituals? Do you think the Holy Spirit would have led francis to do this? Or did francis do this of his own ability and will?
Honestly, I believe that Francis – along with the entire RCC – is being guided by a spirit. Just not the Holy Spirit of God. 😭 And that lying spirit has bamboozled the RCC leadership royally for many centuries.
Look at the results of RC-ism. Now tell me truly – are those the actions of people led by the One called Love (1Jn 4:8)? Or by the One Who commanded us: "I say to you, Love your enemies: do good to them that hate you: and pray for them that persecute and calumniate you: That you may be the children of your Father who is in heaven, who maketh his sun to rise upon the good, and bad, and raineth upon the just and the unjust. For if you love them that love you, what reward shall you have? do not even the publicans this? And if you salute your brethren only, what do you more? do not also the heathens this?" – Mat 5:44-47 [DRC]

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Dude, you really need to post something more than bumper sticker slogans.
Quoting scripture doesn't work. The nCCs just run away when we quote Scripture - they hide behind their interpretations and then claim scripture alone as their final authority.

Quoting scripture doesn't work. The nCCs just run away when we quote Scripture - they hide behind their interpretations and then claim scripture alone as their final authority.
...or they ignore the pesky passages they don't like.
Who is the ultimate authority then?

Back