Mother Mary

Where does the Bible say this? It doesn't.

By praying to any other but the God of the Bible attributes omniscience to whom you are praying to.
https://forums.carm.org/threads/only-pray-to-god.7370/

By praying to any other but the God of the Bible attributes omniscience to whom you are praying to.

No it doesn't.

Are you the pillar and foundation of the truth? No? Then why should we do as you say? To give up my faith for yours is akin to giving gold for lead. No thanks.
Bonnie did say you had to do as she posted. More false witnessing.

Your institution definitely is NOT the pillar and foundation of truth that is why it teaches false doctrines and tells lies and hides sin.

No it doesn't.

Yes, it does.

Are you the pillar and foundation of the truth?

No. But I can read the bible and can see that your church is no foundation or pillar of the truth.
No? Then why should we do as you say? To give up my faith for yours is akin to giving gold for lead. No thanks.
Where did I claim you had to do as I say? I said this: "OR to believe the other 3 Marian dogmas in order to be saved--do we? Remember what Jesus said in John 3:16? What Paul told the Philippian jailer in Acts 16:30-32? And in Romans 10:8-10?"

Do you know what those verses say as to how we are saved? Are the 4 Marian dogmas in these verses?

I am sorry you think a Christ-centered faith, trusting in Him only for salvation, great and free, instead of in Mary, your works, and in membership in your church, is lead. It is not. It is pure, unadulterated GOLD.

Last edited:

And only God is omniscient.

Why didn't the prayers go directly to God?
James 4:3
3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss,
that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Lk.1:5​
There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea,
a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia:
and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God,
walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.
7 And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren
and they both were now well stricken in years.
8 And it came to pass,
that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,
9 According to the custom of the priest's office,
his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.
10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.

The question should be
"Why is incense needed"
like a man with bad breath, some sort of mouth wash is needed
like our breath, our prayers stink,
and the incense is needed

Bonnie did say you had to do as she posted. More false witnessing.

Your institution definitely is NOT the pillar and foundation of truth that is why it teaches false doctrines and tells lies and hides sin.
Did you mean "Bonnie did NOT say you had to do as she posted"? :)

Tell us how Mary's soul magnifies the Lord. Tell what great things He has done for her.

Mary told us, herself, in her Magnificat. I know Catholics know that very well.
All I hear from protestants is that she was a "birthing vessel " and no more special than anyone else.

Please show us where anyone on here has called Mary a "birthing vessel." I certainly have not. She was indeed special, "blessed among women"--but not blessed ABOVE all women.
In fact, protestants seem to think that the times that the Lord spoke to or of His mother in Scripture were all rebukes and she was given away at the last second of His life like an afterthought. How exactly do you think Jesus honored His mother before others?
If they were rebukes, they were gentle ones. But where did anyone on here claim that Jesus' asking John to take care of His mother was like an "afterthought"? This is the very first time I have ever heard that accusation.

Jesus honored His mother perfectly, since He is and was the perfect and holy Son of God. But I can tell you He did NOT "honor" her by praying to her; giving her unbiblical titles such as "only hope for sinners" (making Jesus superfluous), "queen of heaven," "Star of the Sea", "Gate of heaven", "Cause of our Salvation" (rendering Jesus as so much chopped liver), etc. NOR did He make statues of her, dress it in gaudy garments, and parade the statue throughout the streets for people to fawn over, gawk at, and weep over.

Last edited:
The question should be
"Why is incense needed"
like a man with bad breath, some sort of mouth wash is needed
like our breath, our prayers stink,
and the incense is needed
I couldn't have come up with a better illustration than yours as to why we ask Mary and the saints to pray for us. Thank you my friend.
James 5:16
The prayer of the righteous is powerful and effective

Back