Mother Mary

That’s not what the scriptures say.
Luke 1--41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her."

Luke 1:15 says Elizabeth's baby would be filled with the Holy Spirit before he was born. How and why else would the unborn John know Mary was near, so he would leap for joy?

Please show me where Scripture teaches that He "honored His mother perfectly."
So, the perfect Son of God who never sinned honored His mother IMperfectly??? Is that what you are implying?

Jesus kept all the commandments perfectly, including the one about honoring our fathers and mothers.

You are really getting desperate here, to demand such a....foolish thing! Did Jesus do anything less than perfectly?

Or is this just a feeble diversionary tactic to keep from dealing with all the other stuff in my post?

Last edited:
That is not what THE SCRIPTURES say.
The Holy Spirit is many things to real believers, he is our helper and comforter:

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Rom 8:26

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

John 15:26

"But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

Just a few of the verses on how the HS is our helper and comforter, there are so many verses. Where are these type of verses about Mary? Where is Mary given titles in the scriptures? This problem is easily solved which apostle prayed to Mary after she died and what was the prayer? It is a simple way to solve the problem. Just name one apostle who did it. I mean RCs like to brag about the RCC being apostolic.

You missed a spot:

”41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.”

I didn't miss anything....what about it??? Not sure what point it is you think you're making.

39 In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town in Judah, 40 and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, 42 and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!

You think John leap because of Mary? Or because of the Messiah she was carrying?

And almost none of the Marian prayers I have read are pleas for intercession--instead, they are pleas for help, safety, to resist the devil, for salvation--things only God can do for us.
Yes, those are prayers of intercession.

Luke 1--41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit. 42 In a loud voice she exclaimed: “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear! 43 But why am I so favored, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? 44 As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. 45 Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her."

Luke 1:15 says Elizabeth's baby would be filled with the Holy Spirit before he was born. How and why else would the unborn John know Mary was near, so he would leap for joy?
The scripture plainly says it happened when Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting.

I didn't miss anything....what about it??? Not sure what point it is you think you're making.

39 In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town in Judah, 40 and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. 41 And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, 42 and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb!

You think John leap because of Mary? Or because of the Messiah she was carrying?
Your 1st response you left it out.
The scripture plainly says it all happened when Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting.

You missed a spot:

”41 When Elizabeth heard Mary’s greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.”

The person you claimed missed a spot, didn't miss anything. Rc's make the claim they don't worship mary. But then if her name is missing, they are sure to scream about it loud and clear and point us to her. The whole point of Jesus' ministry, was to die on the cross. Scripture always points to HIM. And the worship, honor, and praise to HIM. He IS God.

No where in Scripture are we commanded to give EXTRA adoration, or venerate mary in any way. The word "veneration" is latin for the word worship of a deity. And it is exactly that... worship of a deity. The line between worship of God and veneration or "hyperdulia" “highest veneration” of mary is so blurred, that it is hard to even begin to make the distinction between the two. Rc's put mary up on a pedestal and demand everyone bow down to her giving her the exact same reverence that belongs to God only. You might as well call it mariolatry and idolatry. Doesn't matter if doing so is a lesser degree than one would give to God, it is still giving God's glory to another. In other words, forcing God to share His glory.

Isaiah 42:8
“I am the LORD; that is my name! I will NOT yield my glory to another or my praise to idols.

We don't disagree that God used mary in a special way. But that is all we should regard her role as. God but spoke into existence the heavens and the earth, and all of creation out of nothing. God, is NOT a created being, that He needs a mommy sitting next to tell Him, telling Him what to do.

NO where in Scripture does it say.... "In mary after Christ, we live and move and have our being." We live and move and have being, because of the very words of God ALONE without the help of mary or dead saints, or angels or other dead people.

Isaiah 53:2-3
He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had
no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him. He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief. Like one from whom men hide their faces, He was despised, and we esteemed Him not

The above verse explains very well the rcc's attitude towards mary. For mommies are seen as someone sweet, welcoming, and consoling. The whole purpose of Jesus' coming and dying on the cross, was so that we would be reconciled back to God, Himself. Scripture says we have one mediator between God and man. And that is Jesus.

1 Timothy 2:5

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

NO where is Scripture does it say this of mary, or even commands us to regard mary as mediator between us and Christ. NO where in Scripture does it even hint that we are to look to mary for anything.

Last edited:
John leapt in elizabeth's womb because salvation had arrived. Jesus had come. 4Him was speaking of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. You redirected our attention to mary, instead of Jesus.

Elevating mary with titles such as mediatrix, co-redemptrix, cause of our salvation, most holy mother of god, our Immaculate lady, and queen of heaven cannot help but foster mariolatry. Singing hymns to mary, praying to her, kissing her picture, parading her image through the streets, and bowing down before her statue reflect a degree of reverence that certainly imitates idolatry and might as well be called mariolatry.

Yes, those are prayers of intercession.
No, they are not. I put down in a thread that prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Help on here. Nowhere does the pray-er ask Mary to intercede for him with Jesus--from start to finish it is a prayer of hyper praise to her, begging her for help, salvation, and refuge. Even to save him from the "justifiable" wrath of her Son. Shameful.

John leapt in elizabeth's womb because salvation had arrived. Jesus had come. 4Him was speaking of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. You redirected our attention to mary, instead of Jesus.

Elevating mary with titles such as mediatrix, co-redemptrix, cause of our salvation, most holy mother of god, our Immaculate lady, and queen of heaven cannot help but foster mariolatry. Singing hymns to mary, praying to her, kissing her picture, parading her image through the streets, and bowing down before her statue reflect a degree of reverence that certainly imitates idolatry and might as well be called mariolatry.
If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck....

4Him stated that y’all believe everything THE SCRIPTURES teach about Mary.

To which I asked -what prompted- Elizabeth to prophesy and John the Baptist to leap in utero.

THE SCRIPTURES plainly state the sound of Mary’s greeting prompted the chain of events that followed.

4Him stated that y’all believe everything THE SCRIPTURES teach about Mary.

To which I asked -what prompted- Elizabeth to prophesy and John the Baptist to leap in utero.

THE SCRIPTURES plainly state the sound of Mary’s greeting prompted the chain of events that followed.
Where are the links to what the poster stated???

It doesn't need to be. Not all Christian beliefs are found in scripture. Jesus told us that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all the truth. Jesus didn't say that all truth that we are to believe are to be found in scripture alone.
The Holy Spirit will guide us in all truth of what is truth! But He will NOT make up myths fabricated by some silly, senile old man wearing a fish hat. Paul was very clear when he said, "....do no go beyond that which is written".

Back