Moving the Baalbeck Stones....a puzzle for the Evo-minded anti-bible sect..

The Baalbeck stone is a bit different than lifting up a log cabin with a cheap japanese jack.

Not really, it's just a matter of scale. As we have tried to explain to you these things are well understood now (it's high school physics), and was well understood by people in ancient times.

Not really, it's just a matter of scale. As we have tried to explain to you these things are well understood now (it's high school physics), and was well understood by people in ancient times.
It's more than a theoretical scale....it's dealing with the current reality and limitations.

That's what physics deals with, reality and how things behave.

Did you even go to high school?
So, If I disgree with your failed attempt to show the ancients could have done what you claimed they have done...unsupported claim that is...that means I didn't go to high school?

Do you actually think your ad-hom attacks work? That is you can't defend yourself with actual science present in the days of the ancients...so you resort to challenging my education?

The Baalbeck stone is a bit different than lifting up a log cabin with a cheap japanese jack.
A little, it is just bigger. If one person with just items from that picture can lift a 20 ton at least building, Physics and technology is not the limiting factor.

So, If I disgree with your failed attempt to show the ancients could have done what you claimed they have done...unsupported claim that is...that means I didn't go to high school?

Do you actually think your ad-hom attacks work? That is you can't defend yourself with actual science present in the days of the ancients...so you resort to challenging my education?
The failure here is your understanding of basic physics that was understood even by ancient Egyptians, Since this material is taught in HIgh School from 9th grade on, the question of whether you have a HS education is not an Ad Hom, but a reasonable question.

The failure here is your understanding of basic physics that was understood even by ancient Egyptians,
NO,The failure is you forcing available "physics" onto something that they didn't have....the bigger rope answer is a failure, especially when you can't demonstrate that is the case.

NO,The failure is you forcing available "physics" onto something that they didn't have....the bigger rope answer is a failure, especially when you can't demonstrate that is the case.
One 1.25 inch hemp rope can lift 7.5 tons straight up so for a 750 ton block you need 100 of them. If you drag the block up a ramp at a 1/3 grade, you only need 33 ropes. This is the reality of physics and no exceptions have been found at human scale (ie not quantum or relativistic.).

It is not magic, Newton wrote the equations down, but the principles behind them had been known for thousands of years.

Were they drilling through sandstone?
It doesn't matter what you are drilling through, as last long as your drill bit is harder than the material you are drilling. Sheesh, this is so basic.

They were drilling through greenstone, a type of jade used in traditional Maori carving.

It doesn't matter what you are drilling through, as last long as your drill bit is harder than the material you are drilling. Sheesh, this is so basic.

They were drilling through greenstone, a type of jade used in traditional Maori carving.
What were they drilling through?

As I said, I was just curious....granite? Sandstone?

Did you read what he wrote? He said "They were drilling through greenstone, a type of jade used in traditional Maori carving."
My bad...I missed that part. I didn't think jewelry was like a huge 1000 ton rock.
As pixie said...it's as hard as sandstone.

My bad...I missed that part. I didn't think jewelry was like a huge 1000 ton rock.

So, it's just a matter of scale. In some ways drilling a hole in something small is more difficult than drilling a hole in something larger.

As pixie said...it's as hard as sandstone.

Yep, and harder stones can be drilled using bits made from copper, bronze, and iron - all of which ancient people had access to.

Yep, and harder stones can be drilled using bits made from copper, bronze, and iron - all of which ancient people had access to.
It's more than drilling a hole...as if i recall correctly the scarring on the hole walls tell us it wasn't a copper bit that made the holes.
There is also precise channels cut in some of the stones and exact right angels along with joining surfaces so tight in tolerance you can't insert the edge of a knife blade or paper between them.

It seems as if every article you read on this subject states....we don't know how they did it...but,

It's more than drilling a hole...as if i recall correctly the scarring on the hole walls tell us it wasn't a copper bit that made the holes.

Can you link to the article making this claim?

There is also precise channels cut in some of the stones and exact right angels along with joining surfaces so tight in tolerance you can't insert the edge of a knife blade or paper between them.

All over Europe there are buildings that are hundreds of years old, some thousands, with joins as accurate as those you describe. We know when and how those buildings were constructed, why could ancient people not have used the same methods as people in the late Roman period and beyond - it's not like the technology had moved on that much.

It seems as if every article you read on this subject states....we don't know how they did it...but,

You're missing the point - the reason why we say we don't know how they did it is because we weren't there and don't know exactly how they did it. The important bit is after the "but" as that often explains several methods that they could have used.

Or, you're reading conspiracy nonsense.

Who ever "created" what is seen in the video is amazing.....or would you disagree?
Not sure, I don't know what is possible, nor how easy it is, with carving stone. Appearances can be deceiving, sometimes. I'm agnostic. However, there were some pretty cool stones, but that's just subjective.

Back