Must one believe to be saved ?

brightfame52

Contrariwise scripture shows

John 3:14–16 (KJV 1900)
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 5:24 —KJV
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

John 6:40 —KJV
“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 20:31 —KJV
“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”
Do you understand those scriptures? Apparently not.

TomFL

Do you understand those scriptures? Apparently not.
Apparently you do not know what you are talking about

All these verses show faith is decisive in salvation not mere information

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

“But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”

brightfame52

Apparently you do not know what you are talking about

People always quote scripture and don't understand them.

TomFL

People always quote scripture and don't understand them.
You have not shown that you do or that I have misunderstood them in any manner

brightfame52

You have not shown that you do or that I have misunderstood them in any manner

It's not changing, people quote scripture all the time and they have no idea what it is saying

TomFL

It's not changing, people quote scripture all the time and they have no idea what it is saying
Yeah that would be you on the occasion you do quote scripture

faith is shown to be decisive not just mere information

brightfame52

Yeah that would be you on the occasion you do quote scripture

You need to take heed of what the article says about salvation.

TomFL

You need to take heed of what the article says about salvation.
You need to heed scripture

instead of running from it

brightfame52

You have been shown wisdom and just turn it down !

TomFL

You have been shown wisdom and just turn it down !
No I have been shown error and have rejected it

brightfame52

No I have been shown error and have rejected it

You been shown wisdom, but you refuse it. One must believe to be saved, not to get saved !

TomFL

You been shown wisdom, but you refuse it. One must believe to be saved, not to get saved !
Wisdom and error are different things

ou need to heed scripture

brightfame52

Wisdom and error are different things

ou need to heed scripture

You were shown wisdom which may have have delivered you from error. You stuck on the idea of believing and getting saved, thats error, and you have been shown how sir !

TomFL

You were shown wisdom which may have have delivered you from error. You stuck on the idea of believing and getting saved, thats error, and you have been shown how sir !
You apparently don't know the difference

you are in error

brightfame52

You apparently don't know the difference

you are in error
I know the article gives understanding of shall be saved and shall get saved.

TomFL

I know the article gives understanding of shall be saved and shall get saved.
The article is nonsense mood has nothing to do with temporal order

the tenses do

you are in error

brightfame52

the tenses do

you are in error
The article can enlighten you but you won't have it.

TomFL

The article can enlighten you but you won't have it.
You don't know the difference between error and enlightenment

the tenses do

you are in error

brightfame52

the tenses do

you are in error
You flat out turn down wisdom. Do you know what the word be means? That was discussed in the article.

TomFL

You flat out turn down wisdom. Do you know what the word be means? That was discussed in the article.
Ignorance is not wisdom

Mood has nothing to do with temporal; order

Tenses however do

the tenses do

you are in error