Must one believe to be saved ?

TomFL

Sure in your imagination
this was not my imagination

16. And is baptized (kai baptistheis). The omission of baptized with “disbelieveth” would seem to show that Jesus does not make baptism essential to salvation. Condemnation rests on disbelief, not on baptism. So salvation rests on belief. Baptism is merely the picture of the new life not the means of securing it. So serious a sacramental doctrine would need stronger support anyhow than this disputed portion of Mark.
Robertson's Word pictures

brightfame52

this was not my imagination

16. And is baptized (kai baptistheis). The omission of baptized with “disbelieveth” would seem to show that Jesus does not make baptism essential to salvation. Condemnation rests on disbelief, not on baptism. So salvation rests on belief. Baptism is merely the picture of the new life not the means of securing it. So serious a sacramental doctrine would need stronger support anyhow than this disputed portion of Mark.
Robertson's Word pictures
That doesnt have anything to do with my thread points. So you got a greek source and still dont understand greek.

TomFL

That doesnt have anything to do with my thread points. So you got a greek source and still dont understand greek.
Sorry that is the point I raised from the very beginning

challenging your idea that belief is just information that you have been saved

TomFL

No its not, came out of left field, so even a greek source could help you understand greek
Here is the contents of the post

brightfame52 said:
"The indicative mood is a simple statement of fact." Because sodzo is written in the indicative mood, it means the salvation Christ has under consideration is not and cannot be a condition to be met. It means that belief is the evidence or assurance of salvation not the means to obtain salvation. It means that everyone who has been saved or will "be saved" will believe in Christ as a matter of fact. Thus, as this scripture demonstrates, belief is necessary because of salvation not to get salvation.

Must One Believe to "Be Saved?"

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16
www.oldschoolbaptist.org

Complete nonsense

The indicative mood has nothing at all to do with faith being an assurance of salvation

and instead of mood you should be looking at tenses

Believe is aorist

Baptized is present

shall be saved is future

The temporal order is

Believe , be baptized and then shall be saved

that is post #2

your claim above is completely false

brightfame52

Complete nonsense

The indicative mood has nothing at all to do with faith being an assurance of salvation

Believe is aorist

Baptized is present

shall be saved is future

The temporal order is

that is post #2

your claim above is completely false
You still dont understand the greek

TomFL

You still in confusion over the greek

You presented false information

Complete nonsense

Believe is aorist

Baptized is present

shall be saved is future

The temporal order is

that is post #2

claiming this was out of left field when it has been up for days