My Aversion to Mormonism Grew

No, it doesn't. The words "God created everything" are your words, not to be found anywhere in the Bible. And nothing even remotely close to "out of nothing" can be found there either.

God didn't say any such thing.

I don't. I know he didn't create matter, no one can. What I question is the illusion that represents your religion.
“Through Him all things were made.” That’s very clear. it’s your problem that you don’t believe Him.

“Through Him all things were made.” That’s very clear. it’s your problem that you don’t believe Him.
LOL. That's the problem with tunnel vision, especially when it's based on what you want to believe. It finishes with, "that were made". The idea now shifts from everything, as you assert, to all things that weren't made. What isn't made? Matter. That cannot be created or made.

I notice you have a cheering section. Even if the entire world applauded you intellect, you'd still be wrong.

LOL. That's the problem with tunnel vision, especially when it's based on what you want to believe. It finishes with, "that were made". The idea now shifts from everything, as you assert, to all things that weren't made. What isn't made? Matter. That cannot be created or made.

I notice you have a cheering section. Even if the entire world applauded you intellect, you'd still be wrong.
Where does it say matter wasn’t “made?” It doesn’t. You’re making that up.

How did Christ produce enough fish and bread to feed the masses when the “matter” wasn’t there? How did manna just appear on earth for the Israelites?

Where does it say matter wasn’t “made?
Where it says that was made. That limits all things to the group of things that were made. We have all things, the whole entire universe and everything in it, and then we have a subset of things which is the entire universe minus thing the things that already exist. That verse is talking about the latter subset. It says it right there in the verse. Your choice to ignore it doesn't make it go away.
It doesn’t.
Oh yes, it does. It doesn't say what the things are that already exist, but science tells us it was matter. Because no one can make anything from nothing.
You’re making that up.
No. I'm really not.

Where it says that was made. That limits all things to the group of things that were made. We have all things, the whole entire universe and everything in it, and then we have a subset of things which is the entire universe minus thing the things that already exist. That verse is talking about the latter subset. It says it right there in the verse. Your choice to ignore it doesn't make it go away.

Oh yes, it does. It doesn't say what the things are that already exist, but science tells us it was matter. Because no one can make anything from nothing.

No. I'm really not.
There was a void. Nothing existed in it. Everything that’s in it was made/created. God said “Let there be…” and there appeared matter… earth, water, light, etc.

There was a void.
LOL. There is no such thing as a void with nothing in it.
Nothing existed in it.
Hahahahaha. That's like saying there's no air while you're breathing.
Everything that’s in it was made/created
Except those things that already existed. As a bare minimum, God would be in the things that already existed. Matter is another. There is no space that is completely empty of matter. There is very little between galaxies, but still there still matter that does exist even in a void.

You're assuming God found empty space and the made things appear from nothing. That is not possible. I know you want your God to be big and powerful, but you don't need to make up stories to make him that way. All you have to do is look around. Where life exists, that is where you can see the power of God.
God said “Let there be…” and there appeared matter… earth, water, light, etc.
There is no verse that says God said let there be matter. He formed everything that is from existing matter.

LOL. There is no such thing as a void with nothing in it.

Hahahahaha. That's like saying there's no air while you're breathing.

Except those things that already existed. As a bare minimum, God would be in the things that already existed. Matter is another. There is no space that is completely empty of matter. There is very little between galaxies, but still there still matter that does exist even in a void.

You're assuming God found empty space and the made things appear from nothing. That is not possible. I know you want your God to be big and powerful, but you don't need to make up stories to make him that way. All you have to do is look around. Where life exists, that is where you can see the power of God.

There is no verse that says God said let there be matter. He formed everything that is from existing matter.
You’re trying to explain using your human pea brain. God said his thoughts are not our thoughts and his ways are not our ways. What you think is impossible is not for Him. All things are possible for God. And we should be very grateful for that.

You’re trying to explain using your human pea brain.
Nope. Not my brain at all. This is tested and verified science. Truth is true no matter where you find it. You're trying to explain things that are purely imaginary.

You want it to be true even though there is no biblical basis for it. You're actually willing to ignore what the scriptures say.

Nope. Not my brain at all. This is tested and verified science. Truth is true no matter where you find it. You're trying to explain things that are purely imaginary.
What we know about “science” is a joke compared to what goes on in the universe.

Can you walk on water or appear from behind a locked door?

Can you raise the dead?

The power of God is limitless. That’s why He’s God.

You want it to be true even though there is no biblical basis for it. You're actually willing to ignore what the scriptures say.
Except God created everything by the power of His holy word, and the natural laws and science that govern matter and all creation. He is therefore not held captive to them, but is above them and outside of them. It is illogical in the extreme to expect the almighty, omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal, infinite God to be held captive to our finite ability to understand His power and nature, this side of heaven.

Back