My bad deed for the day...

SteveB

Because that is what you did. The only way we know anything about you is from what you say here on CARM.
But unless you've figured out how to step into my body, and see my mind, perspectives, perceptions, and understand my views, you cannot know, without doing your own.
So..... try that again.

Reformedguy

They adhere to their own.

We each define our own moral standards.

In general, we do. In any specific situation the people involved do and they do so based on their specific needs/wants/goals.

Ah, an example of the subjective nature of morality.
So if they adhere to their own then the Holocaust is only wrong to you right? Are you okay with imposing your morality on others?

Temujin

Not all, correct. Since so it's perfectly moral to them. So would you impose your morality on them?
Why try to impose morality on anyone? If what they think is peculiar but to act on it is not illegal, then they are eccentric, that's all. If to act on it is illegal, then they have the choice of whether to suffer legal consequences or not. In no situation does one need to impose one's morality on anyone else.

Education may seek to guide the moral sense of children, but that's not imposition.

bigthinker

So if they adhere to their own then the Holocaust is only wrong to you right?
The judgment that the holocaust was wrong is a popular judgment which is shared by arguably most people alive today. -Popularity doesn't make an idea correct or incorrect however, just that its popular.
Are you okay with imposing your morality on others?
In what way? Can you imagine a situation where there might be a need for my moral values to be imposed on anyone?
Basically it would mean imposing freedom to hold whatever moral values one wants -so long as it does not interfere with anyone else's rights to do the same.
I'm okay with it but I'm not sure it is something that can be imposed.