My Genesis Challenge

That is correct.

Did you see what I was addressing?

And I said, "Tell that to Frances Kelsey."

She, despite the persistent [false] belief that Thalidomide was a prenatal wonder drug, backed up by "indisputable evidence," refused to accept their findings.

And despite ridicule from the scientific community, she stood her ground.

And I praise the LORD for her.
And......

Yes.......

And........

There was no "indisputable evidence". There was only CLAIMS.

What ridicule?

Better you should praise the PEASANT.

Clearly? No Simply declaring and italicizing an adverb cannot make up for your failure to prove its validity.
"In the beginning" clearly states what comes first and sets up the chronology. Saying what happened on the fist day also sets up chronology - the events of the first day come before the second, etc.

If you deny this then you are no longer even using The Bible. You just believe what you like. Which is fine! But it's no longer based in any scripture.

And none of this makes it rational to think humans were created from dirt. Genesis is not just wrong with chronology - it get core physics and biology wrong.

Correct. Now your task is to find the words "then" or "next" preceding every sentence.
So you admit that Genesis says in the beginning the Earth formed. That is in conflict with physics. Thus proving my point that Genesis is wrong. The other lines on the 2nd day and later are just gravy. But Genesis 1:1 is wrong.

Or all of physics is wrong. And that seems really unlikely.

And yet it doesn't. A lot of things were created in the beginning.
No. The stars formed before the Earth. Otherwise all of modern physics is wrong. And that seems unlikely.
Prove it.
Physics is the proof that the Earth did not form first. You are free to study cosmology - but I am not going to walk you through physics on this forum.

Feel free to reject physics for Genesis.

Correct. In the beginning.
Genesis does not say the stars came first. You are misquoting scripture.
Prove they conflict with each other.
Physics says the stars came before the Earth. The heavy elements in the Earth did not exist in the early universe. They were formed after the first stars went nova. Genesis says Earth came before the stars.

That's a conflict.

"In the beginning God created the Earth," means that in the beginning God created the Earth. If we argue over the meaning of that sentence then we are just not dealing with reality anymore.

The only way to believe in Genesis and physics is self deception. They are incompatible. I choose physics. You can choose Genesis or the Cosmic Egg or anything else from ancient books if you like.

1. For those of you who think Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 are contradictory, let's discuss it here.
  • My contention: Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 comprise what is called a "framework narrative".
I'm a bit late to the party since I returned just yesterday from several months sabbatical from the forum, but I'd be happy to discuss this matter and defend the position that Gen 1:1-2:3 has been supplemented in 2:4-3:24 by a second author and there are some irresolvable tensions between the two. Could you expand on what you mean by a "framework narrative"?

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Genesis does not say the stars came first. You are misquoting scripture.

Physics says the stars came before the Earth. The heavy elements in the Earth did not exist in the early universe. They were formed after the first stars went nova. Genesis says Earth came before the stars.

That's a conflict.

"In the beginning God created the Earth," means that in the beginning God created the Earth. If we argue over the meaning of that sentence then we are just not dealing with reality anymore.

The only way to believe in Genesis and physics is self deception. They are incompatible. I choose physics. You can choose Genesis or the Cosmic Egg or anything else from ancient books if you like.
I'm an independent interpret of Bible, I like to decipher biblical enigmas, it is hard but it is very interesting.

In my understanding, what I have interpreted from the Bible about Genesis, think that it no one knows, it is still unknown, and it is a challenge to those which thinks they are able of interpreting the book of Genesis.
Only one example, starting with Genesis 1:v.1:- In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth. What MUST we interpret in this first verse of the Bible?

Interpreting the verse according the follow questions:
1 - Who is the "beginning"?
2 - Who was with the "beginning"?
3 - Without the "beginning" was not any thing made that was made;
4 - GOD created: GOD is a title, but He exists, so who is the invisible GOD?
5 - Created heavens: How many heavens were created? By th way, two of the heavens will be burnt in this seventh and last millennium-2Peter 3:v.7.
6 - And our GOD created the earth: If the planet earth was created, then the moon had been created too, and also the Sun, sure, and others planets were created, of course; But the earth which is now, will be burnt together with two heavens - 2Peter 3:v.7
7 - How could the earth be without form? Without Geometric form? Impossible, no sense. So, what is the mystery? Very hard to discern it.
8 - The Spirit of GOD moved upon the face of the waters. Waters? But how? Doesn't science say there was a big bang? What waters were these? If there was a bigbang, where did so much water come from?
9 - And the evening and the morning were the first day-GOD's Day-, after the appearance of the light;
10 - How to explain our GOD starting His works from the evening of the first Day until to the morning of the next day? It's hard to understand, but according Jewish system, the day begins at 6pm, and it last until 6pm of the next day; IOW, from 6pm until 6am next day is the evening, and from 6am until 6pm is the morning-so one complete day. For Gentiles this is complicated. But there is an interesting detail: Be not ignorant of this one thing, that one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one Day.

Do you or your Master /Teacher have the answers for the above questions?

Would like to know. I like to decipher biblical enigmas.

I'm an independent interpret of Bible, I like to decipher biblical enigmas, it is hard but it is very interesting.

In my understanding, what I have interpreted from the Bible about Genesis, think that it no one knows, it is still unknown, and it is a challenge to those which thinks they are able of interpreting the book of Genesis.
Only one example, starting with Genesis 1:v.1:- In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth. What MUST we interpret in this first verse of the Bible?

Interpreting the verse according the follow questions:
1 - Who is the "beginning"?
2 - Who was with the "beginning"?
3 - Without the "beginning" was not any thing made that was made;
4 - GOD created: GOD is a title, but He exists, so who is the invisible GOD?
5 - Created heavens: How many heavens were created? By th way, two of the heavens will be burnt in this seventh and last millennium-2Peter 3:v.7.
6 - And our GOD created the earth: If the planet earth was created, then the moon had been created too, and also the Sun, sure, and others planets were created, of course; But the earth which is now, will be burnt together with two heavens - 2Peter 3:v.7
7 - How could the earth be without form? Without Geometric form? Impossible, no sense. So, what is the mystery? Very hard to discern it.
8 - The Spirit of GOD moved upon the face of the waters. Waters? But how? Doesn't science say there was a big bang? What waters were these? If there was a bigbang, where did so much water come from?
9 - And the evening and the morning were the first day-GOD's Day-, after the appearance of the light;
10 - How to explain our GOD starting His works from the evening of the first Day until to the morning of the next day? It's hard to understand, but according Jewish system, the day begins at 6pm, and it last until 6pm of the next day; IOW, from 6pm until 6am next day is the evening, and from 6am until 6pm is the morning-so one complete day. For Gentiles this is complicated. But there is an interesting detail: Be not ignorant of this one thing, that one Day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one Day.

Do you or your Master /Teacher have the answers for the above questions?

Would like to know. I like to decipher biblical enigmas.
Why didn't you create this as a new thread?

Back