My Life - By David Edward Oliver

My name is David Edward Oliver and I have lived complicated; but largely uneventful life. I was born at very early age. I was raised Baptist; but I did not commit to Jesus Christ until I was 18 years old and was Baptized. After High School I went to NOVA (Northern Virginia Community College) and transfer to Liberty University. While in college I would be diagnosed with mental illness and was put on medication. I would flunk out at Liberty; but I would later complete my degree using Distance Learning Program. I was able to secure job with Giant Food and worked for ten years until my mental illness prevented me from keeping it. I lost my job and got into debt and had to declare bankruptcy. I currently live with my parents were I had major crisis of faith. I was briefly involved with LDS Church but I lost interest. I would later become familiar with Community of Christ (RLDS) which shared many of my protestant beliefs. I found many LDS doctrine to be foreign to me and Holy Bible; but Community of Christ seemed more open and freedom to think and question myself and church. I would later be confirmed member; but I was not required to be rebaptized which made me feel better because I was Baptized right first time. Most Christians I know were very supportive of me and my toils and tears. I feel like I am hundred years old. I am not in very good health and my lack of motivation has caused me to gain over 50 pounds. I also become addicted to energy drinks thinking they were increase my motivation; but it realty it made me sick and hyperactive. I currently live with me parents and living next door to my sister and her family. I enjoy reading History & Biographies and Nature Shows. I have rather large personally library with mostly History, Science and Biographies. They say reading History is cure for most mental illness because it shows sheer stupidity of mankind and it follies and failures. In other words it makes he feel better seeing famous people do stupid things all while thinking they were righteous. I admit that I am not very good example of how Christian should live and I don't mention my Faith in public NOT because I am ashamed of Jesus Christ; but rather I ashamed of myself and how I turned out. I think my purpose in Life is to serve a warning to others about what not to do. I am still alive and Jesus Christ is my personal Lord ad Savior. Things could be better but they could also be plenty worse. I find comfort in my family and few friends I have. I think if Jesus Christ were to return today he would slap crap put of me telling me to get a life. I have many regrets but I would not change anything. My past has made me what I am today and without it I would be nothing. So right or wrong this is my life so far. Be patient because God is not finished with me yet. At least I hope not. Amen,"

Hark

Hi brother,

I was led to make a commitment to make Jesus Lord of my life. There was no pressure other than to imply a lack of motivation on my part in having Him Lord of my life. They did say it was okay to just believe in Him.

Unfortunately, it was not okay to make a commitment to follow Christ because all it did was make me look to myself in doing the best I can in making Him Lord of my life... and failing.

I was on the evangelism team and led a woman to make a commitment to Christ and when she did, I had thought, "I did it!" and was thinking of Billy Graham in all the people he had led to do the same but the Lord rebuked me and said I had nothing to do with it. He was trying to tell me something else, but I was unable to receive it at that time.

After quitting being a deacon twice for feeling like a fraud, then came a time I had come across a pamphlet from Bill Rudge Ministries regarding the words of my mouth. I had picked up cussing to let off steam whenever I was alone out at the warehouse so when I had come across that pamphlet, the scripture convicted me of the words of my mouth until I turned to the last page which led me to make another man made bondage; to make a covenant with my mouth and so I did.. to not cuss out at the warehouse any more.

The very next day, I was worse than I ever was before. A thought in my head accused me "You are not His. If you were His, He would have helped you keep your covenant!" I had stopped listening to the devil, but I was at my wits end and so I prayed "God why aren't you helping me? You know I do not want to do this."

A small still voice replied; not audible, but I heard Him in my head "You made the covenant. You'd said you were going to do it. I made the Covenant with you & I'd said I will do it. All I ask from you is to believe in Me". I was humble that day.

Then Promise Keepers program came out and my former church was the center for it in the valley. There were 2 Bible studies I was going to that men were talking about the Promise Keepers' convention in Pittsburgh. One group says they do not make promises to men because man cannot be there for you to help you keep your promises. They just promise to God. The other group says that PK was about holding men accountable with each other in keeping their promises. They know better than to make promises to God. I did not go to that convention but I can tell you it was about both making promises to men and to God. The 7 promises of the PK program is something Christians should be looking to Christ to do by faith in Him, not by the deeds of the law by keeping a promise.

One Catholic Mason contended with me at that Bible study that asking me that isn't a commitment to follow Christ a promise? I was speechless. He continued, ' of course it is.." That was then I was able to receive fully of what the Lord was trying to tell me that day when He had rebuked me for thinking I had led that woman to the Lord by making that commitment to Him. He finally got through to me, enabling me to understand that to live by faith in Him and all His promises to me as my Good Shepherd & Friend to help me to follow Him is all that He asks of me to do.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

I had to deny myself as able to follow Him, crucify me daily as being dependent on Him so that when He asks me to follow Him, He is asking me to trust Him to help me to follow Him because He is my Good shepherd and He will do His work in me so I can follow Him.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

That is why it is written that the just shall live by faith.. in Him and all His promises to us. Jesus has set me free from all my commitments, promises, covenants, pledges of giving, every man made bondage that is His to keep as I am asked to trust Him to do it by resting in Him.

So ask Jesus to set you free from all your yokes of bondages so you can rest in Him, taking Him at His word that He will help you to follow Him.

He is not finished with you yet. He will finish His work in you so why not trust Him today in everything that He will bring you Home perfect.

Hark

- "I hope I did not offend you. I love Jesus Christ as my personal Lord & Savior. Thank You!"
I was not offended, dear brother.

Just sharing that I have gone through some of the things you have gone through and sharing what Jesus has done for me to help me understand that I am to be leaning on Him all the time for following Him and abiding in Him daily. Trust Him at His word to do this.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:.... 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

If anything, you will need His help to forgive those that led you astray at church, and in the world with the lies that everybody is doing it, be it fornication or masturbation, and even yourself for believing any lie that you cannot overcome any & every sin when He can so that it will not dominate your life in getting worse and worse.

I trust Him as my Friend and Good Shepherd to keep me from my sins daily; that means looking to Him, relying on Him all the time to help me lay aside every weight & sin daily. Even the Prayer to the Father to lead me away from temptation & deliver me from the evil one...

If I start cussing .. the Lord will point it out to me and lead me to give that over to Him to help me stop and forgive me for it too.

If I start getting lonely and thinking about "wanting someone", He will remind me that He is with me always and whereas people will disappoint as we disappoint ourselves, He will never disappoint us as He will comfort us with the hope we have in Him to be with family above one day as there will be hundredful brothers, sisters, and mothers in Heaven in their perfect state as we shall be in a perfect state always & our joy fulfilled.

So He will help me lay aside every provision that sows to the flesh; to cast down wicked imaginations, and to help me think on good things, even the things above in Heaven.

Indeed, Jesus is the best Friend and best Brother we could ever have as God the Father is the best Father any one can ever have for why there are no hundredful fathers in heaven, just the One.

Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

1 Peter 4:1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 4 Wherein they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess of riot, speaking evil of you: 5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.

Romans 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Philippians 3:20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

1 John 3:1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure....8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

May God bless you in the knowledge of Jesus Christ to see our hope in Him for all things.