My Methodist Church is leaving the denomination in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry it has to happen, but glad you are standing firm in the Truth. (Does that make sense?)

Praying for y'all,
--Rich
We had been waiting for the world-wide conference that was to be held just after Covid hit in April. The whole denomination was to discuss it, but I guess we just weren't going to wait any longer. Now maybe some of our members will come back.

Last edited:
Next week our First United Methodist church body is having a congregation meeting and will leave the denomination as it has failed to bring the denomination back into its original holiness. This is over the sexual perversion of gay bishops.

I think your church will have a lot of company.

Next week our First United Methodist church body is having a congregation meeting and will leave the denomination as it has failed to bring the denomination back into its original holiness. This is over the sexual perversion of gay bishops.
So, did anything happen? (Bored minds - mine - wanna know!)

Still praying for youse!

--Rich

Thanks!
--Rich
I need to ask him put the word Charismatic in the name so it tells more about us. We were a United Methodist Church, but did healing too. That is where I learned about the "commanding". And after that tried it myself and it worked. But any Christian can command. I do not have that office, so people shouldn't be asking me to heal anyone, instead of doing it themselves. Mark 16:16-18 is a list of personal individual authorities, but 1 Cor. 12 has the gifts for ministry and for offices in the church. Healing is in both

Last edited:
I need to ask him put the word Charismatic in the name so it tells more about us. We were a United Methodist Church, but did healing too. That is where I learned about the "commanding". And after that tried it myself and it worked. But any Christian can command. I do not have that office, so people shouldn't be asking me to heal anyone, instead of doing it themselves. Mark 16:16-18 is a list of personal individual authorities, but 1 Cor. 12 has the gifts for ministry and for offices in the church. Healing is in both
If you don't mind me asking, what is "commanding"?

If you don't mind me asking, what is "commanding"?
here are examples. First believe the authority you have as a Christian in Mark 16:16-18

Acts 16:18
And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour.

Luke 8:25
But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”

here are examples. First believe the authority you have as a Christian in Mark 16:16-18

Acts 16:18
And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour.

Luke 8:25
But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”
Thank you. I will have to study this further. Starting with Mark 16:16-18.

Thank you. I will have to study this further. Starting with Mark 16:16-18.

Mik - You may find these helpful in your readings:

Mik - You may find these helpful in your readings:

Thank you imJRR.

In Mark 16, make sure you start with the verse he left off:16

I don't know where imJRR stands, but if he is a Cessationist, don't let anyone destroy your faith.

Not really a cessationist, but someone who's been around enough to see and hear enough to be very wary and skeptical. Some might call that a lack of faith. It's not - It's more accurate to call it applying 1 Thess. 5:21 - to test everything carefully, in order to recognize what is true and right. That has made and does make some feel uncomfortable.

Not really a cessationist, but someone who's been around enough to see and hear enough to be very wary and skeptical. Some might call that a lack of faith. It's not - It's more accurate to call it applying 1 Thess. 5:21 - to test everything carefully, in order to recognize what is true and right. That has made and does make some feel uncomfortable.
Reminds me of what my Pentecostal pastor said. He was speaking of tongues, but there is a broader application :
"Remember that there are three sources for tongues - God, the flesh, and the Devil."
Sadly for us, the Lord called him home many years ago.

--Rich
BTW, imJRR, my initials are RJR, (imRJR?) which is a source of mild amusement to me. (Of course, some say I'm easily amused!)

Reminds me of what my Pentecostal pastor said. He was speaking of tongues, but there is a broader application :
"Remember that there are three sources for tongues - God, the flesh, and the Devil."
Sadly for us, the Lord called him home many years ago.

--Rich
BTW, imJRR, my initials are RJR, (imRJR?) which is a source of mild amusement to me. (Of course, some say I'm easily amused!)

I came back to CARM after years of absence. My original "name" here was imJR.

It's unfortunate that so many use the Bible as a weapon in furthering their own bigotry be it racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia or what have you.

Standing up for biblical truth can often be viewed as bigotry and all kinds of other false labeling by those opposed to the idea of truth. In the day in which we live now, I'm sure Jesus would have been labeled "intolerant" at the least - Probably "racist" since that's term rampantly in vogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back