My Methodist Church is leaving the denomination in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many in my local Anglican church dont know enough because the teaching although sound is milk rather solid food.
' my people perish through lack of wisdom'
We need to tell people in our churches.

Two Anglicans stand up in Synod and declare that the Synod isnt a safe space for them. Both have same sex attraction. One identifies as a Christian who knows same sex relations are sin abd not his identity, and the other identifies as an lgbtqi christian and essentially wants the former prosecuted.
So when any of your fellowship or congregation or leaders refer to lgbt ask them whether that includes the many Christians who have same sex attraction and are set free from it by knowing same sex relations are sin, and have their identity in Christ.
There are many.

Two Anglicans stand up in Synod and declare that the Synod isnt a safe space for them. Both have same sex attraction. One identifies as a Christian who knows same sex relations are sin abd not his identity, and the other identifies as an lgbtqi christian and essentially wants the former prosecuted.
So when any of your fellowship or congregation or leaders refer to lgbt ask them whether that includes the many Christians who have same sex attraction and are set free from it by knowing same sex relations are sin, and have their identity in Christ.
There are many.
I have no issues with those who say are saved and know that aliernate lifestyles are sinning and are trying to overcome, but have big issues with those claiming to be saved and "God made us that way, and he accepts it"

Not really a cessationist, but someone who's been around enough to see and hear enough to be very wary and skeptical. Some might call that a lack of faith. It's not - It's more accurate to call it applying 1 Thess. 5:21 - to test everything carefully, in order to recognize what is true and right. That has made and does make some feel uncomfortable.
Interesting to me that even great archangel Michael did not rebuke Satan, but the Lord rebuke thee! Also, the demon respected Jesusd and paul, but tore apart those trying to command it to flee!

When scripture is cited to further racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, etc,, it is by weaponizing the words of those other than Jesus or by taking Jesus' words out of context. What leads you to believe that Jesus would be seen as a bigot? Just to you make you feel more secure about your own views?

What you stand up for be "biblical", but it isn't about "truth". The words spoken by Jesus while preaching His gospel were about truth.
When scriptures DO state plainly that alternate lifestyles are sinful, abortion is wrong, and not all ways lead to God are cited, that is when we get accused of being those things!

Reactions: Mik
While preaching His gospel, Jesus had nothing to say about "same sex relations". That's just a fact. As sad as it is, unfortunately there seem to be more than a few who are more than willing to take the words spoken by Jesus while He preached His gospel out of context and then claim that they say something that they do not. They do not allow His words to speak for themselves. Not just the topic of "same sex relations", but many others as well.
This is the problem with ignorance of the Bible.
In Matthew 19 and Mark 10 Jesus is challenged about divorce. He said, and I am not going to quote it here again, had they not read that 'in the beginning God made them male and female and it was for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh.' This comes from the creation accounts in Genesis 1 and 2. In Genesis 1 when it says God said let 'us' make mankind in 'our' image that includes Jesus, you know in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God.
In Genesis 2 we read that God took the side of man and created woman and presented woman to man and man said flesh from my flesh and bones from my bones because woman was taken out of man, and it was for this reason ... etc.
Now its the binary of biological sex because God says go and multiply. Jesus also adds what God has joined no-one should separate.
The nature of this union is further explained in the epistles for example 1 Cor 7 and Eph 5 and likened to the union of Christ and His church, the bride and bridegroom, and the union is a giving body and soul husband and wife, one to the other.

So the image of God is a man and a woman to be united, either in faithful marriage or in Christ at the resurrection (Gal 3:28, Matthew 22:30).

Man and man is not the image of God.

The Methodist church, as with others, has abandoned God's image and purpose.

Therefore when Algernon says Jesus says nothing about same sex relations we have to remember that Jesus created a man and a woman in God's image, so He doesnt need to. Anyone who says that doesnt know or want to know what Jesus did create, they only want to know what Jesus didnt create.
When anyone says this is out of context we have to remember that only man/woman union is countenanced throughout the Bible and same sex relations only ever condemned. So its in context 100%
When anyone claims Jesus words speak for themselves, if one lets them its not for same sex relations.

If not confronted with the truth many get deceived, but when confronted the usual response is hostile with accusations of bigotry, homophobia and the like, but our job is to speak the truth in love and pray for people, we cant force anyone to believe.

This is the problem with ignorance of the Bible.
In Matthew 19 and Mark 10 Jesus is challenged about divorce. He said, and I am not going to quote it here again, had they not read that 'in the beginning God made them male and female and it was for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be united with his wife and the two shall become one flesh.' This comes from the creation accounts in Genesis 1 and 2. In Genesis 1 when it says God said let 'us' make mankind in 'our' image that includes Jesus, you know in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God.
In Genesis 2 we read that God took the side of man and created woman and presented woman to man and man said flesh from my flesh and bones from my bones because woman was taken out of man, and it was for this reason ... etc.
Now its the binary of biological sex because God says go and multiply. Jesus also adds what God has joined no-one should separate.
The nature of this union is further explained in the epistles for example 1 Cor 7 and Eph 5 and likened to the union of Christ and His church, the bride and bridegroom, and the union is a giving body and soul husband and wife, one to the other.

So the image of God is a man and a woman to be united, either in faithful marriage or in Christ at the resurrection (Gal 3:28, Matthew 22:30).

Man and man is not the image of God.

The Methodist church, as with others, has abandoned God's image and purpose.

Therefore when Algernon says Jesus says nothing about same sex relations we have to remember that Jesus created a man and a woman in God's image, so He doesnt need to. Anyone who says that doesnt know or want to know what Jesus did create, they only want to know what Jesus didnt create.
When anyone says this is out of context we have to remember that only man/woman union is countenanced throughout the Bible and same sex relations only ever condemned. So its in context 100%
When anyone claims Jesus words speak for themselves, if one lets them its not for same sex relations.

If not confronted with the truth many get deceived, but when confronted the usual response is hostile with accusations of bigotry, homophobia and the like, but our job is to speak the truth in love and pray for people, we cant force anyone to believe.
IF any really want to see what Jesus had to say about same sex relationships, see Paul in Romans 1!

IF any really want to see what Jesus had to say about same sex relationships, see Paul in Romans 1!
Well of course. My post was directed at the claim that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality but since He created man and woman to be in union He kind of did.

Well of course. My post was directed at the claim that Jesus never said anything about homosexuality but since He created man and woman to be in union He kind of did.
Those against the teachings of the scriptures will always misclaim what the bible states on those issues

Reactions: Mik
Other than the Episcopalian Church and its bishops being part of the Anglican Communion and the AME Church being historically set up to provide for African Americans, what is the difference between the Episcopalian, AME, and Methodist Churches?

On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Maybe that is how discernment of spirits actually operates. I'm not sure. I have a friend who sees when someone has an attachment of something evil. It appears like a dark shadow around them. She has also seen the actual demon. They looked like some kind of monkey or small gargoyle. I want this gift too because of all the con-artists who claim they need my help that I've come across who I have befriended and they have robbed me. It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.

It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.
Evil spirits live within people. They require discernment to detect.

Mat 12:43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.
Mat 12:44 "Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.
Mat 12:45 "Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there."

Evil spirits live within people. They require discernment to detect.

Mat 12:43 “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it.
Mat 12:44 "Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.
Mat 12:45 "Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there."

We are in the New Covenant and can cast out demons in the name of Jesus. But when you do, tell them about Jesus so they can be full and have the Holy Spirit, otherwise the demons will come back as these verses claim.

1 John 5:18

On Sunday in Sunday School before church started, I heard that some (three people) could see a glow around the pastor as he was preaching. I asked God to give me that ability, and sure enough after the announcements and into his preaching, I saw it and it continued until he was done preaching. It was pure white and bright. Once it shot up from his head about a foot.

Maybe that is how discernment of spirits actually operates. I'm not sure. I have a friend who sees when someone has an attachment of something evil. It appears like a dark shadow around them. She has also seen the actual demon. They looked like some kind of monkey or small gargoyle. I want this gift too because of all the con-artists who claim they need my help that I've come across who I have befriended and they have robbed me. It would be good to stay clear of them by seeing what is attached to them - a deceiving spirit.
Discenment of spirits is NOT seeing energy auras as you are claiming here!

I finally found out that our board is purchasing both churches from the United Methodist denomination that have left the denomination. Pastor Jim is over both of them. One of the amazing things I have seen is the visible glory around Pastor Jim's head and shoulders. I've never seen that before, not even on Pastor Jack Hayford in California.

Lots of people have left their churches when they became ultra-liberal. It takes courage to do that and stand up for the truth.
Besides Methodists and Presbyterians, what other denominations have this problem? I'm really not surprised. It has been prophesided in 2 Thesalonnians 2 that before the Antichrist is revealed, there will be a great "falling away" from the true faith.

Besides Methodists and Presbyterians, what other denominations have this problem? I'm really not surprised. It has been prophesided in 2 Thesalonnians 2 that before the Antichrist is revealed, there will be a great "falling away" from the true faith.
Episcopalians & Anglicans, Baptists, Catholics, Quakers, Unitarians, Mormons.

Next week our First United Methodist church body is having a congregation meeting and will leave the denomination as it has failed to bring the denomination back into its original holiness. This is over the sexual perversion of gay bishops.
I grew up in the UMC. My grandparents founded the Methodist church I grew up in and my uncle was the sextant and I was his assistant, so I was pretty involved until I got saved in my mid-twenties.

I'm no longer Methodist, but I have a lot of fond memories of the church and of that time.

Very happy to report that my old church has voted to leave the UMC. Hoping they'll be allowed to keep the building, which has one of the most beautiful sanctuaries I've ever seen.

The reports I've seen are showing that more than 60 Methodist churches in the North Alabama Conference have voted to leave the UMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back