My ordinary life

Mr Laurier

All you have done Steve, is tell me that if I take a job working for someone named Sin, that Sin will kill me in payday.
You have not told me about this "gift" you frequently rave about. Nor the other life you insist that God has created for me.

SteveB

Wow. If there is a point in there, it is buried so deep that nobody will find it.

Έχετε κάποιο σημείο;

Astonishing. Mayhap thou hath a point buried within yea wall of text.

Har du en poäng?

Impressive. And is there a point?

¿Tienes un punto?
Yep.
the point is that in all languages, the wages, compensation, and consequences of sin is death. But, the free gift, favor, and liberty given by God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.

SteveB

Huh?
Ok, So what is "sin"?
I've already told you this several times.
Sin is lawlessness, and lawlessness is violation of the following laws.

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

SteveB

Ok. Can you show me anyone who has received this "gift"?
Everyone who is following Jesus.

And why would I want it?
First, it's freedom from sin.
Next it's adoption by God, as a son, or a daughter, depending on your biology.
It's the debt of sin owed to God, wiped out.
It's eternal life, instead of eternal death.
It's friendship with God, and becoming a sibling of Jesus.
And following this life, once our bodies die, we enter God's realm, and spend eternity with him.

Mr Laurier

I've already told you this several times.
Sin is lawlessness, and lawlessness is violation of the following laws.

3 “You shall have no other gods before Me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; 5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

7 “You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

13 “You shall not murder.

14 “You shall not commit adultery.

15 “You shall not steal.

16 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”
Except that lawlessness is not violation of laws, but lack of laws.
So sin is nothing.

Mr Laurier

Everyone who is following Jesus.

First, it's freedom from sin.
Next it's adoption by God, as a son, or a daughter, depending on your biology.
It's the debt of sin owed to God, wiped out.
It's eternal life, instead of eternal death.
It's friendship with God, and becoming a sibling of Jesus.
And following this life, once our bodies die, we enter God's realm, and spend eternity with him.
So all the christians will live forever? They never die?

I already have freedom from sin.
I don't want to be adopted. I already have parents.
I have no debt of sin.
riiggghhhttttttt
And? Why do either of these matter to me?
So NOT eternal life then... Hmmmmmm... Looks like you just contradicted yourself.

SteveB

Except that lawlessness is not violation of laws, but lack of laws.
So sin is nothing.
living without law is still breaking those laws.

12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.​

SteveB

So all the christians will live forever? They never die?

I already have freedom from sin.
I don't want to be adopted. I already have parents.
I have no debt of sin.
riiggghhhttttttt
And? Why do either of these matter to me?
So NOT eternal life then... Hmmmmmm... Looks like you just contradicted yourself.
then you can have eternal death, and live in misery for all eternity.

Whatsisface

I don't think they know how to pay attention.
Or, they do, but think that they're being smart by feigning stupidity.
Your simplistic ramblings are all too easy to understand and counter. It's a shame you've given up on being reasonable.

Mr Laurier

living without law is still breaking those laws.

12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law 13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified; 14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.​
Not even close.
And those "laws" are not laws. They are commandments in the judeo/christian/islamic complex.

Why the numbers? And why the obvious lies?

SteveB

Not even close.
And those "laws" are not laws. They are commandments in the judeo/christian/islamic complex.

Why the numbers? And why the obvious lies?
They are the Laws of God, and since you belong to God, they apply to you, regardless of what you think.

Behold, all souls are Mine;​
The soul of the father​
As well as the soul of the son is Mine;​
The soul who sins shall die.​

And no lies.
I've provided you with the truth. So, if the truth is to you a lie, then you are living in lies, and have deluded yourself into believing the lies you've chosen.

SteveB

Huh?
Your threats do not scare me. Nor do your absurdities impress me.
No threat.
Simple fact.

The soul of the father​

and

But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”​

Mr Laurier

They are the Laws of God, and since you belong to God, they apply to you, regardless of what you think.

The soul of the father​

And no lies.
I've provided you with the truth. So, if the truth is to you a lie, then you are living in lies, and have deluded yourself into believing the lies you've chosen.
Thats nice. God doesnt hold authority over Canada. I do not belong to God. They do not apply to me at all.

No they are NOT
Huh?
Huh?
How does a soul sin?

... except the ones you keep posting.
No you have not. You have provided me with threats and vague nonsense. Walls of text where you just repeat the came line over and over with slight variations of wording. And evasions. Lots of evasions. If truth were to me a lie. I would by someone else. And not me. Am I me? Yes or no?