My ordinary life

SteveB

You are the one who refuses to accept facts that do not conform to your script.
Indeed. and yet you seem to apply the term to something that is not self-justification
No. I accept them quite readily.
I also know the difference between accepting, as in failure, and accepting as in acknowledgement, of differences, which provides opportunities to grow.

Mr Laurier

Henry David Thoreau in his book, On Walden Pond.

So what is the point of your video?
The point is to show that atheists are people. Fully human. And deserving of the same rights as everybody else.
A fact some religious fundamentalists seem unwilling t grasp

John t

The point is to show that atheists are people. Fully human. And deserving of the same rights as everybody else.

CFR

You are attempting to denigrate all Evangelicals without providing evidence of one from CARM

John t

What is "CFR"?

Call For Reference

I am simply requesting you to back up your dubious allegation with evidence from CARM.
Mr Laurier said:

Your allegation requires evidence, otherwise, you seem to have no other point than to vilify Fundamentalists in order to falsely make your position seem stronger.

John t

So sin is nothing.
God thinks differently than you. Sin ultimately is the cause and reason behind the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It is a SUBSTITUTIONARY Atonement. Jesus died so that you may live with Him.

Romans 3:
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,​
24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,​
25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.​

Mr Laurier said:

Huh?
Your threats do not scare me. Nor do your absurdities impress me.

And your irreverent snark does not impress the One to whom we ALL must give answer for what we did on earth

Hebrews 2:
1 Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.​
2 For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution,​
3 how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard,​
4 while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.​

You alone shall be held accountable for your open hatred of God's plan to save you from utter destruction. According to this Scripture, God's plan for YOUR salvation is universally proclaimed through nature, itself.

Last edited:

John t

Is this a typo? If you have eternal death then you are not alive.
You are using flawed human logic while attempting a spiritual principle.
Think about King Saul, the witch of Endor and Saul.
Think about poor Lazarus rising from the dead to quench the throat of a man in hell.
Think about the Transfiguration where the Disciples saw Moses
Think about the friend of Jesus (another) Lazarasus who came from the cave after Jesus called him saying, "Lazarus, come out."

Therefore, it is not a typo but another part of the human experience

1 Corinthians 15:​
15 We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised.​
16 For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised.​
17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.​
18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.​
19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.​
20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.​
21 For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead.​
22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.​
23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.​
24 Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power.​
35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body do they come?”​
36 You foolish person! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.​
37 And what you sow is not the body that is to be, but a bare kernel, perhaps of wheat or of some other grain.​
38 But God gives it a body as he has chosen, and to each kind of seed its own body.​
39 For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish.​
40 There are heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is of one kind, and the glory of the earthly is of another.​
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory.​
42 So is it with the resurrection of the dead. What is sown is perishable; what is raised is imperishable.​
43 It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness; it is raised in power.​
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.​
45 Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit.​
46 But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.

John t

Whateverman said:
As an atheist, I can't vouch for the Devil's presence or absence, but its owners and operators are mostly Christian.

My sympathy goes out to you because you declared yourself an atheist.

Of course, you cannot vouch for the Devil's presence here or there. But this is the truth, and I KNOW that it the answer will "annoy you off" .

You cannot vouch for the "presence of the devil because things like that are spiritually discerned. Scripture calls you, and others like you "spiritually blind". Similarly, you cannot make an accurate spiritual judgment on a person claiming to be a Christian

2 Corinthians 4:
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ

Nevertheless, time is on your side...for now. You may have escaped Covid 19, but make no mistake; it was a shot across the bow of EVERY human on earth. The patience of God with those who mock Him, is not boundless. At God's time and place, we ALL shall have a reckoning. I urge you to choose salvation before it is too late.

Nouveau

My sympathy goes out to you because you declared yourself an atheist.

Of course, you cannot vouch for the Devil's presence here or there. But this is the truth, and I KNOW that it the answer will "annoy you off" .

You cannot vouch for the "presence of the devil because things like that are spiritually discerned. Scripture calls you, and others like you "spiritually blind". Similarly, you cannot make an accurate spiritual judgment on a person claiming to be a Christian

2 Corinthians 4:
3 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled only to those who are perishing.
4 In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
5 For what we proclaim is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, with ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
6 For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ

Nevertheless, time is on your side...for now. You may have escaped Covid 19, but make no mistake; it was a shot across the bow of EVERY human on earth. The patience of God with those who mock Him, is not boundless. At God's time and place, we ALL shall have a reckoning. I urge you to choose salvation before it is too late.
If you want us to turn to God then you'll first need to show that he exists. Otherwise you're just asking us to be irrational.

Mr Laurier

Call For Reference

I am simply requesting you to back up your dubious allegation with evidence from CARM.

Your allegation requires evidence, otherwise, you seem to have no other point than to vilify Fundamentalists in order to falsely make your position seem stronger.
The only "allegation" I make, is that atheists are human. If you find this "dubious" then you need to explain why.

Atheists have two arms, two legs, forward facing eyes, colour vision, and an upright posture. Ergo, atheists are human. Its now up to YOU to show that we are NOT human.

Mr Laurier

It's a scary sight to behold!

I've told several you don't want to see the atheists in their natural habitat, it's like a brawl without any sophistication.
Yes. So scary. Sipping tea on the balcony.

How is it like a "brawl"?

Mr Laurier

God thinks differently than you. Sin ultimately is the cause and reason behind the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It is a SUBSTITUTIONARY Atonement. Jesus died so that you may live with Him.

Romans 3:
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,​
24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,​
25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.​

And your irreverent snark does not impress the One to whom we ALL must give answer for what we did on earth

Hebrews 2:
1 Therefore we must pay much closer attention to what we have heard, lest we drift away from it.​
2 For since the message declared by angels proved to be reliable and every transgression or disobedience received a just retribution,​
3 how shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared at first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard,​
4 while God also bore witness by signs and wonders and various miracles and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.​

You alone shall be held accountable for your open hatred of God's plan to save you from utter destruction. According to this Scripture, God's plan for YOUR salvation is universally proclaimed through nature, itself.
God doesnt exist. I do. Why would I want to live with Him? Who or what is Him?

Parisiens 5:
35 What is "sinned"?
36 Huh? what are you babbling now?
37 What is this crap?

Alas, my "irreverent snark" remains a figment of your imagination.

Apaches 3
2 Huh?
3 What message?
4 Escape what? What lOrd?
5 Huh? What is this crap?

Alas, my lack of "open hatred of God's plan" to save me from "utter destruction" remains a problem for you.
What scripture?

Faithoverbelief

Yes. So scary. Sipping tea on the balcony.

How is it like a "brawl"?
Well you see God is punching you around while you sip your tea. Now I realize that you are not jostled by this because it is in the spiritual realm, kind of like death is really life and life is really death because human logic does not apply to these deep spiritual situations. I really hope I have learned from some posters here how that works.

/s

Mr Laurier

Well you see God is punching you around while you sip your tea. Now I realize that you are not jostled by this because it is in the spiritual realm, kind of like death is really life and life is really death because human logic does not apply to these deep spiritual situations. I really hope I have learned from some posters here how that works.

/s
Indeed

Do we agree?