My ordinary life

Nouveau

I thought that you were a Christian. However, I do reserve the right to be wrong about that.
I'm not, and neither is the person you were responding to. Again, to convince atheists to turn to God you will first need to provide evidence God is real.

SteveB

Wrong again. Already read and responded to that, proving it wrong.

What the evidence shows is that you are incapable of admitting your mistakes to atheists.
You haven't proven anything except that you made a claim for which you have refused to provide evidence that you actually did so.

Nouveau

You haven't proven anything except that you made a claim for which you have refused to provide evidence that you actually did so.
I have proven that I answered your fence question, which you wrongly claimed I had not answered. Do you deny this?

J regia

God thinks differently than you. Sin ultimately is the cause and reason behind the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
So why did Jesus sin, and is that why the Romans mocked him for falsely claiming to be the Jewish king when they executed him for sedition (John 19:1-5), and why he unsuccessfully asked for help from his god when he was being executed (Matt 27:46)?

Last edited:

SteveB

I have proven that I answered your fence question, which you wrongly claimed I had not answered. Do you deny this?
Wow!
So that's your proof that you read the bible and have definitively proven that YHVH doesn't exist?

Nouveau

Wow! So that's your proof that you read the bible and have definitively proven that YHVH doesn't exist?
No, it has nothing to do with that, and I've never claimed to have definitively proven YHVH doesn't exist.

It is rather where I showed that you are incapable of admitting your mistakes to atheists.

SteveB

No, it has nothing to do with that, and I've never claimed to have definitively proven YHVH doesn't exist.

It is rather where I showed that you are incapable of admitting your mistakes to atheists.
Well then, as that's what I'm talking about, I'd say that you still have a problem.

The fact that you believe that you are incapable of building a fence, it's pretty clear to me that you don't actually want to know the truth, but prefer to continue arguing with complete and total strangers about matters you know nothing about, nor want to learn.
This makes it seem easier to dismiss you as little more than a spoiled child who loves the appearance of themselves.

Nouveau

Well then, as that's what I'm talking about, I'd say that you still have a problem.

The fact that you believe that you are incapable of building a fence, it's pretty clear to me that you don't actually want to know the truth, but prefer to continue arguing with complete and total strangers about matters you know nothing about, nor want to learn.
This makes it seem easier to dismiss you as little more than a spoiled child who loves the appearance of themselves.
I'd rather be unable to build a fence than unable to admit my own mistakes.

SteveB

I'd rather be unable to build a fence than unable to admit my own mistakes.
I'd find it easier to consider you a trustworthy person who didn't need others to be wrong so you could feel justified by yourself without needing to vilify others in the process.

Nouveau

I'd find it easier to consider you a trustworthy person who didn't need others to be wrong so you could feel justified by yourself without needing to vilify others in the process.
No-one's vilifying you. You're just being asked to apologize for making a false claim about me. A normal person would have no problem with this.

SteveB

No-one's vilifying you. You're just being asked to apologize for making a false claim about me. A normal person would have no problem with this.
Sorry, you're the one who decided to start the narcissism thread about how narcissistic I was because I don't see the world as you want me to.

So, you have pretty much demonstrated yourself completely unreasonable and unreliable a source.

Nouveau

Sorry, you're the one who decided to start the narcissism thread about how narcissistic I was because I don't see the world as you want me to.

So, you have pretty much demonstrated yourself completely unreasonable and unreliable a source.
That's not why I started the thread. I started it to show the absurd lengths you'll go to to avoid admitting to your mistake.

Even now you can't admit you got something wrong.

SteveB

That's not why I started the thread. I started it to show the absurd lengths you'll go to to avoid admitting to your mistake.

Even now you can't admit you got something wrong.
Why is immaterial.
You started using the forum as your own personal weapon at vilifying me, and decided to use a psychiatric mental disorder, which you had absolutely no experience in medicine, and no medical resources for, as your weapon.

So I decided to investigate it further, and found numerous medical articles that are quite detailed in their description of what NPD actually is.

So, regardless of why you did it, you did it. Weaponizing your opinions removes you from being someone I'm interested in conversing with anymore.

Nouveau

Why is immaterial.
You started using the forum as your own personal weapon at vilifying me, and decided to use a psychiatric mental disorder, which you had absolutely no experience in medicine, and no medical resources for, as your weapon.

So I decided to investigate it further, and found numerous medical articles that are quite detailed in their description of what NPD actually is.

So, regardless of why you did it, you did it. Weaponizing your opinions removes you from being someone I'm interested in conversing with anymore.
You could prove the charge doesn't fit at any time by simply admitting to the mistake and apologizing for it.

Or maybe you really can't, which proves the point.

Whateverman

Well you see God is punching you around while you sip your tea. Now I realize that you are not jostled by this because it is in the spiritual realm, kind of like death is really life and life is really death because human logic does not apply to these deep spiritual situations. I really hope I have learned from some posters here how that works.

/s
That was a remarkable likeness!

Mr Laurier

Alas, the inability of religious fundamentalists to give straight answers, remain a problem.
That said...
More of my being an atheist

docphin5

Alas, the inability of religious fundamentalists to give straight answers, remain a problem.
That said...

More of my being an atheist
I love sailing. Nothing like skimming the surface of the water pushed only by the power of the wind. I earned my skipper license sailing on the bay of San Diego. Miss it a great deal. This last summer I chartered a sail boat for a day cruise on one of the Great Lakes. It was amazing fun.