My Original Question for Christians

ferengi

I think it is wrong for a human to refuse to cure cancer
No - you FEEL its wrong - you dont think - no atheist does.
According to what objective standard is it wrong?
If you cant present one then god is good in allowing cancer because he feels its right - therefore its right.
Bad atheist illogic. at work.

Lighthearted Atheist

So what? Whats the issue? From your worldview cancer is nothing but natural selection - nothing wrong with it - just nature working.
Cancer is horrific. It is why I support medicine and hospitals. I am one of many people who think curing disease and easing suffering are admirable endeavors.

I have no Earthly idea what you are talking about or to whom you are speaking anymore.

Gary Mac

I thought it might be fun to revisit the original question that brought me to CARM years ago. Now that we've had countless discussions maybe we'll see this differently - who knows.

My question: How did Christians react when the church collapsed during the 2010 Haiti earthquake and crushed the Christians who were praying for help from God?

This was a turning point for me. It seemed to me to be obvious proof that there is not a loving god who wants us to worship Jesus. I could not imagine how anyone could be a Christian after that. How could anyone think that a god that loves us would allow an earthquake to crush people who are worshipping Jesus? How could anyone think this was a good thing for a god to do? I expected my Christian friends to at least be conflicted.

And when my Christian friends did not skip a beat in their faith I was puzzled. So I came here to try and find out why.

So - how do you react when you see a church crush Christians as they pray to God for protection during an earthquake?
What has an earthquake killing people have to do with you having the Love of God as your own disposition? The kingdom fo God doesnt come with observation, it is withn you for God is Love, His SPirit is Love and either you have His same SPirit of Love or you dont.

This mortal body is only the temple for Him. If I died in an earthquake today that does not change the fact that I have His SPirit of love as my own disposition. This mortal body is not subject to God, my mind is subject to God and in that the body does what the mind tells it to.

You have a total misconception for who God is.

Lighthearted Atheist

What has an earthquake killing people have to do with you having the Love of God as your own disposition?
Nothing. People praying to Jesus Christ for help who then get crushed by their own Christian church proves that God did not love them. Instead of answering their prayers with help he crushed them to death.

You are free to love God but he clearly does not love us.
The kingdom fo God doesnt come with observation, it is withn you for God is Love, His SPirit is Love and either you have His same SPirit of Love or you dont.
If his spirit of love is to give kids cancer and crush people who ask for help then no - I do not have that spirit of 'love'.
This mortal body is only the temple for Him. If I died in an earthquake today that does not change the fact that I have His SPirit of love as my own disposition. This mortal body is not subject to God, my mind is subject to God and in that the body does what the mind tells it to.

You have a total misconception for who God is.
I know that crushing people to death and giving kids cancer is bad. You seem conflicted on the issue. Strange.