My Original Question for Christians

Leatherneck0311

You have people who undergo terrible things and lose all faith in God. I've met people who were enslaved and tortured (yes: literally that. Ethiopian, 1990's) and watched their family and village killed in front of them. I think its easy to understand why you might lose your faith in a loving God when you live through that. I can't blame the person for rejecting God: it seems to me to be totally reasonable. Who is responsible there? Who is responsible when a child is raped and abused, and grows up mistrusting everything including religion? The child? No, that isn't right.

I guess what I'm saying is the world can be shockingly ugly and messy, and it perenially surprises me (it really shouldn't, but it does) how hard people work at insisting that it is somehow understandable and just fine. I mean, if your religion helps things make sense to you, fine. I really can't criticize. But isn't it reasonable to say that no amount of explanation can make some things make sense?
Understandable because of sin and evilness. Fine no ,and in the end everyone answers to a Holy God, because no one is getting away with anything.

Leatherneck0311

Did God lack the ability to prevent Satan from bringing evil into the world? Did God not create Satan and determine his nature?
Since you aren’t God you don’t get to make the plans of anything. Satan’s nature went from arc angel to devil who comes to steal, kill, and destroy when he rebelled against God.

Algor

Understandable because of sin and evilness. Fine no ,and in the end everyone answers to a Holy God, because no one is getting away with anything.
Are you saying that God punishes people who reject Jesus because of horrible personal trauma? I'm not saying that you say that, I'm really asking you if that's what you mean. If you don't, OK no argument, and of if you do, OK no argument. I'm really just asking. Me I have no excuse (by your standards) but I am just curious.

Nouveau

Since you aren’t God you don’t get to make the plans of anything. Satan’s nature went from arc angel to devil who comes to steal, kill, and destroy when he rebelled against God.
So was God powerless to curtail the influence of Satan upon others after he turned?

Leatherneck0311

Are you saying that God punishes people who reject Jesus because of horrible personal trauma? I'm not saying that you say that, I'm really asking you if that's what you mean. If you don't, OK no argument, and of if you do, OK no argument. I'm really just asking. Me I have no excuse (by your standards) but I am just curious.
Nope, personal trauma or not rejecting God is a one way ticket to hell.

Beloved Daughter

If this is true (and I'm not saying it isn't) why didn't you answer the question instead of avoiding it? These are the secular forums and I would think you would want to provide sound, biblical answers.

How many chances do you get to witness to someone who wants answers? None of us know, but we should never waste an opportunity. I know these particular forms can be hostile to the cause of Christ. but Algor asked a perfectly legitimate question? One I know that even Christians ask. You can do better.

Nouveau

Your mind is made up against God ! No evidence would change your course as you have rejected truth.
Again, you're being awfully judgmental of a person you don't know and have only just met. If you won't allow evidence to arbitrate our disagreement, what do you propose instead? Should we just yell at each other for a bit?

Leatherneck0311

Again, you're being awfully judgmental of a person you don't know and have only just met. If you won't allow evidence to arbitrate our disagreement, what do you propose instead? Should we just yell at each other for a bit?
I am not judgmental I believe what you said. You have rejected God ;therefore, you have no ability to receive truth, and any evidence given to you can’t be received as you have rejected the source of truth I.e. God.

Nouveau

I am not judgmental I believe what you said. You have rejected God ;therefore, you have no ability to receive truth, and any evidence given to you can’t be received as you have rejected the source of truth I.e. God.
That's not what I said, and yes, you are being judgemental. You're also not answering my questions.

Leatherneck0311

That's not what I said, and yes, you are being judgemental. You're also not answering my questions.
List your questions, and if it is about providing evidence it’s a waste of my time. You don’t want evidence that God is real you have already made up your mind He isn’t.

Nouveau

List your questions, and if it is about providing evidence it’s a waste of my time. You don’t want evidence that God is real you have already made up your mind He isn’t.
Go back and read the questions. Then answer them. And kindly refrain from presuming to know what I do or do not want.