My Recent Arrival at Christianity and Apologetics

OK, if it's so plain who John is writing to, then who exactly is he writing to?

Believers who are born of God.

He makes that abundantly plain.

All I see in the passage you quoted and highlighted in bold is a bunch of pronouns. Pronouns are only given meaning from their context if they're given any meaning at all, and I see nothing in the context that tells us who "who" is.

Yes, repenting of one's sin and accepting Christ is the greatest pleasure.

A property of any "true religion" is that is encourages people to seek God and His perfection of sinlessness. Any sect that tells people they cannot repent is not of God.
Many confess their sins but never repent from them to be like the Father to it.

Many confess their sins just a short time before justifying for themselves preparations for their next sin.
Yeah, for many all they have to do is confess to some priest and they are good to go and can do it again the next day LOL.
Not to mention some who think they are holier than sow, who after knowing the way of righteousness go back to their vomit.

For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 2 Peter 2:21-22

Not to mention some who think they are holier than sow, who after knowing the way of righteousness go back to their vomit.

For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 2 Peter 2:21-22
Yes our pews are full of these, but sadly most of these never has known what it is to be the righteousness of God in Christ to be without sin and like Him instead. Most are like Paul as a sinner instead.

Yes our pews are full of these, but sadly most of these never has known what it is to be the righteousness of God in Christ to be without sin and like Him instead. Most are like Paul as a sinner instead.
Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Rom 10

Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 4 Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Rom 10

Most do not know what the righteousness of God is.

Believers who are born of God.

He makes that abundantly plain.
If it's so "abundantly plain," then John would have said"...believers who are born of God." So that possibility of clarity fails. Do you have any other examples of how John could have made clear to us who he was addressing?

If it's so "abundantly plain," then John would have said"...believers who are born of God." So that possibility of clarity fails. Do you have any other examples of how John could have made clear to us who he was addressing?

Haven't you bothered to even read this letter to see who John is writing to?

As Paul sought to establish his own and submitted to sin he said he was of. He never let God incorporate His anointing to be without sin. He tried to save himself by trying to justify his sin. One can ask God to save you from sin a thousand times but until one submits to be like Him and perfect as he is on will only continue to ask for forgiveness but as long as one doesn’t repent from self inflicted state of mind there is no salvation from sin to be had. Salvation is from sin absence of sin and righteousness takes control instead of sin.

JonHawk said:
As Paul sought to establish his own and submitted to sin ...
I consider your gnostic gibberish garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

JonHawk said:

I consider your gnostic gibberish garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.
Instead of convicting Jesus of gnosticism for who he said you should be like him, you really should consider why His way is gnosticism for you.

Jesus goal was God Himself. My goal is God Himself, it should be yours as well but because Paul is your goal God goes un noted.

JonHawk said:

Instead of convicting Jesus of gnosticism for who he said you should be like him, you really should consider why His way is gnosticism for you.
If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. John 8:41-43
Jesus goal was God Himself. My goal is God Himself, it should be yours as well but because Paul is your goal God goes un noted.
And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. John 5:37-38

JonHawk said:
Thats right for Paul was a sinner instead, or at least he said he was and all indications says he was.
I consider your gnostic gibberish garbage, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in him,
As long as his way is gnosticism and sin for you as you say, there is no way you can gain the Christ as your own disposition to walk as He walks in His same light. You walk in the light of Paul instead of Jesus is all.
not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.
Paul tried to overcome his sin himself instead of letting God take away the sins of this world.

If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. John 8:41-43
Amen so have we all who has received the same from God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16.
And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. John 5:37-38
Amen for to you his way is gnosticism just as you say it is. You follow another who was a sinner instead of the One who is righteous.

"Behold the lamb that takes away the sin of the world." John 1:29
As long as his way is gnosticism and sin for you as you say, there is no way you can gain the Christ a... You walk in the light of Paul instead of Jesus is all.
Again, there is only one life-giver, Christ. 1 Cor 15:45
Paul tried to overcome his sin himself instead of letting God take away the sins of this world.
And now I entrust you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified [by faith in Me]. Acts 20:32

Knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. 1 Peter 1:18-19
Amen so have we all who has received the same from God as Jesus did in Matt 3:16.
And so we have been reconciled to God in Christ. Now that faith has come, you're all one in Christ Jesus.
Amen for to you his way is gnosticism just as you say it is. You follow another who was a sinner instead of the One who is righteous.
The Supremacy of the Son of God
In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Col 1

Last edited:

And now I entrust you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and to give you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified [by faith in Me]. Acts 20:32

Knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ. 1 Peter 1:18-19

And so we have been reconciled to God in Christ. Now that faith has come, you're all one in Christ Jesus.

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. Col 1
Yes' for sure -- I am God son for sure and walk in His supremacy no different from His other son Jesus, he was anointed of God as well. But to you His anointing is gnostic isn't it?

JonHawk said:

Yes' for sure -- I am God son for sure and walk in His supremacy no different from His other son Jesus, he was anointed of God as well. But to you His anointing is gnostic isn't it?
You didn't answer the question my gnostic friend, How did you receive the Spirit?

He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Gal 3:14

JonHawk said:
Yes and He came to Jesus and spend up who He is and all of His heaven in that man didnt He? Matt 3:16.
Yes Gods anointing in me.
I dont have faith in Paul, I have the faith of the Father as Jesus did. Same mind of Christ, Gods anointing.
Then why was Paul still the sinner?
Only those who has receieved from God that what Jesus receieved from Him in Matt 3:16 are one in Him, He sin me and I in Him are one just as Jesus was one in Him in John 17.

You didn't answer the question my gnostic friend, How did you receive the Spirit?

He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit. Gal 3:14
You really should consider Jesus in his ways in the Father.

Back