name one other authority that is as authoritative as words of God

Jesus says nothing even close to that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that EVERY human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff

Jesus: what must I do to be saved?
"It is absolutely necessary for salvation that EVERY human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff" was never said.

Hey Paul what must I do to be saved?
"It is absolutely necessary for salvation that EVERY human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff" was never said.

hey Peter; what must I do to be saved?
You have to interpret it correctly.

You have to interpret it correctly.
go for it:
reason through Scripture to reach your conclusion !!
what must I do to be saved?
"It is absolutely necessary for salvation that EVERY human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff"

and please includes Scriptural examples that EVERY saved human creature was subject to the Roman Pontiff"

All it takes is ONE saved human Creature not being subject to the Roman Pontiff for that "infallibly declared truth" to be false

let see what you got

Last edited:
I don't agree with the nCCs.
Why would you agree with born-again Christians? We stand upon the Word of God which is diametrically opppsed to the Roman Catholic church, its rules, dogmas and traditions. Yea, so, no surprise ding. You've only stated the obvious.
So what authority are the nCCs going to appeal to to prove that I am wrong?
Authority? We don't give fealty to men and their self-proclaimed "authority". Consequently we don't have to prove you wrong ding. Your writings, claims and musings are all the proof needed.

The earliest ones. Your church as it is now did not exist back then and took hundreds of years to become what it is today.

Yes, but the NT also condemned heresies. Did you forget? And when the early church did, it had not yet evolved into the bloated, heretical institution it is today.
The fact is that for all your condemnation of the Catholic Church, there is no other body, council, authority that defines Christian orthodoxy and also heresy is there. It's just left up to the individual to decide what is orthodox and what is heresy and those definitions are numerous and varied. Without any authority guarding truth outside the Catholic Church, it has become like people building houses on sand. They shift and sway, they come and go and eventually fall apart.

CATHOLICS;
please name one other authority that is as authoritative as words of God
All authority comes from God. The father to his family as head of household has authority. He has authority over his wife and children. not of his own power but because of God.

The fact is that for all your condemnation of the Catholic Church, there is no other body, council, authority that defines Christian orthodoxy and also heresy is there. It's just left up to the individual to decide what is orthodox and what is heresy and those definitions are numerous and varied. Without any authority guarding truth outside the Catholic Church, it has become like people building houses on sand. They shift and sway, they come and go and eventually fall apart.
catholics really don't know what Christianity is.

Acts 6:5-6 The proposal was acceptable to the whole community, so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the holy Spirit, also Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicholas of Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these men to the apostles who prayed and LAID HANDS ON THEM.

Acts 13:1-3 Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Symeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who was a close friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they LAID HANDS ON THEM and sent them off.

1 Tim 5:22 Do not LAY HANDS too readily on anyone, and do not share in another’s sins. Keep yourself pure.

1 Tim 4:14 Do not neglect the gift you have, which was CONFERRED on you through the prophetic word with the IMPOSITION OF HANDS of the PRESBYTERATE.

2 Tim 1:6 For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have THROUGH THE IMPOSITION OF MY HANDS.

Acts 14:21-23 After they had proclaimed the good news to that city and made a considerable number of disciples, they returned to Lystra and to Iconium and to Antioch. They strengthened the spirits of the disciples and exhorted them to persevere in the faith, saying, “It is necessary for us to undergo many hardships to enter the kingdom of God.” They APPOINTED PRESBYTERS for them IN EACH CHURCH and, with prayer and fasting, commended them to the Lord in whom they had put their faith.
So what do you think any of THAT has to do with "Roman Catholic "TRADITION"?????

Your always claiming everything posted is from some heretical group. Point out to us what heresy group the following came from.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the Lord! That is my name, and I will not give my glory to anyone else;

Deuteronomy 6:13
Fear the LORD your God, serve him only

Luke 4:8
Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’”

If the rcc is considered orthodox Christianity, then i have no issues with being unorthodox. As a matter of fact, thru Christianity is becoming more unorthodox every single day while the the rcc is becoming more orthodox.

or·tho·dox
(of a person or their views, especially religious or political ones, or other beliefs or practices) conforming to what is generally or traditionally accepted as right or true; established and approved.

All I have to do is to point to the ecumenical movement of the rcc and your insatiable desire to unify with anybody or anything regardless of what they believe. That the secular world sees the rcc as an example of Christianity, does more to prove that it is not a Christian church rather than the opposite.

Self claims from a bunch of perverts do NOT make them authoritative any more than putting pigs in a tu-tu make them ballerinas. The rcc is rife with paganism, idolatry, and perversion in its leadership, EDITED INFLAMMATORY REMARK The rcc is led by depraved minded perverts who make a mockery of God and scripture EDITED INFLAMMATORY REMARK Romans 1, try reading it! And yes, I and every born again child of God has a right to judge them and romanism as a whole, because they CLAIM to be Christian. See Paul's letters to the Corinthians!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scripture alone means scripture alone - what scripture actually says.

Again, you distort what is meant by "Scripture alone." It means that the sole source of Doctrines should be based upon what Scripture says AND teaches AND demonstrates. For instance, it shows that God is Triune, but nowhere is the word "triune" or "Trinity" or even "Triad" in the Bible. Instead, the Bible teaches us that God is composed of three distinct and eternal Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--yet repeatedly, the Bible says there is ONLY one true God/God is One. So, in some way we cannot fully understand, this side of heaven, God, while being only One Being, is also three Persons in that One Being.

Interpretations of scripture are not the final authority.

Which is what your faulty pope and magisterium do--isn't it? And wear Catholic-colored eyeglasses when doing so.
When Christian's interpretation of scripture differ then the only appeal is to scripture to settle the issue - what scripture actually says.

See above for what "Scripture alone" actually means.
If the appeal is to anything other than scripture then scripture alone is no longer the final authority; the interpretation of scripture is the final authority.
Well, this is a convoluted mess of a declaration.

Last edited:
Again, you distort what it meant by "Scripture alone." It means that the sole source of Doctrines should be based upon what Scripture says AND teaches AND demonstrates. For instance, it shows that God is Triune, but nowhere is the word "triune" or "Trinity" or even "Triad" in the Bible. Instead, the Bible teaches us that God is composed of three distinct and eternal Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--yet repeatedly, the Bible says there is ONLY one true God/God is One. So, in some way we cannot fully understand, this side of heaven, God, while being only One Being, is also three Persons in that One Being.

Which is what your faulty pope and magisterium do--isn't it? And wear Catholic-colored eyeglasses when doing so.

It's called poisoning the well. That poster utilizes this type of fallacious argument ad nauseum.

Again, you distort what it meant by "Scripture alone." It means that the sole source of Doctrines should be based upon what Scripture says AND teaches AND demonstrates. For instance, it shows that God is Triune, but nowhere is the word "triune" or "Trinity" or even "Triad" in the Bible. Instead, the Bible teaches us that God is composed of three distinct and eternal Persons--the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--yet repeatedly, the Bible says there is ONLY one true God/God is One. So, in some way we cannot fully understand, this side of heaven, God, while being only One Being, is also three Persons in that One Being.

So Christians don't reach an agreement on an issue concerning the Christian faith how do we know what to believe?

So Christians don't reach an agreement on an issue concerning the Christian faith how do we know what to believe?
Not everything is a freshmen level class on Philosophy /Epistemology

How do you know, How do you know, How do you know?

How do you know you are not a consciousness in an alien’s computer?

Can you bring anything else to the discussion?

Back