Nature: the substance/essence viewed as the source of activities

Yahchristian

Substance: some-thing that exists which needs no support, i.e. it is not contingent, it is not an accident, an so forth, substance is the support
Essence: that whereby a thing is what it is and not something else and without which it would not be what it is. Simply, as St Thomas said, "essence is expressed by its definition," (think that which is essential)
Nature: is the substance/essence viewed as the source of activities (or that whereby a thing does what it does)

TRINITARIANS, right now...

1.) Does Jesus have one or two “thing that exists which needs no support”?

I say one.

2.) Does Jesus have one or two “that whereby a thing is what it is and not something else and without which it would not be what it is”?

I say one.

3.) Does Jesus have one or two “source of activities”?

I say one.

TheLayman

I say one.

2.) Does Jesus have one or two “that whereby a thing is what it is and not something else and without which it would not be what it is”?

I say one.

I say one.
As I have pointed out several times and I have seen others note, you ask a question in one thread, take literally pieces with no context, and begin a new thread with said pieces for some unknown reason. Perhaps your ignorance of these topics is so great that you simply cannot understand a single answer given to you. Or perhaps if you allowed yourself to understand you would see how utterly ridiculous "your belief" is. The fact that you did not ask further questions in the thread you already began instead of playing some game for some unknown purpose says once again that you are disingenuous.

Yahchristian

As I have pointed out several times and I have seen others note, you ask a question in one thread, take literally pieces with no context, and begin a new thread.

This thread concerns three specific questions.

And I am using YOUR exact verbiage. That is why I put it in quotes. So are you or ANY Trinitarian able to answer the questions?

I say one.

I say one.

I say one.

TheLayman

This thread concerns three specific questions.

And I am using YOUR exact verbiage. That is why I put it in quotes. So are you or ANY Trinitarian able to answer the questions?

I say one.

What is it?

I say one.

What is it?

I say one.

What is it?

TheLayman

Yahchristian

What is it?

What is it?

What is it?

God manifest in the flesh as the man Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Timothy 2:5... For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Now are YOU able to answer the questions. Right now...

I say one.

I say one.

I say one.

TheLayman

God manifest in the flesh as the man Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

1 Timothy 2:5... For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Now are YOU able to answer the questions. Right now...

I say one.

I say one.

I say one.

I already told you what your questions were...and if you don't find your answer in the words and "brief" definitions of those words your ripped a few words out of then you wouldn't understand anyway...not that you are on this board to understand anything.

And you did not answer my questions (something that always happens quickly with you) so run along and play games elsewhere, I have humored you enough. Perhaps you can find someone else to have a pointless back and forth with...

TheLayman

Yahchristian

I already told you what your questions were...and if you don't find your answer in the words and "brief" definitions of those words your ripped a few words out of then you wouldn't understand anyway...not that you are on this board to understand anything.

And you did not answer my questions (something that always happens quickly with you) so run along and play games elsewhere, I have humored you enough. Perhaps you can find someone else to have a pointless back and forth with...

TheLayman

I believe Jesus has one “source of activities” (that whereby a thing does what it does).

Are you seriously unable to answer the question.

Does Jesus have one “source of activities” or two?

Is there ANY Trinitarian on this forum who CAN answer the question.

TheLayman

I believe Jesus has one “source of activities” (that whereby a thing does what it does).

Are you seriously unable to answer the question.

Does Jesus have one “source of activities” or two?

Is there ANY Trinitarian on this forum who CAN answer the question.

See your question? Here it is: Does Jesus have one "source of activities" or two? But where did the words "source of activities" come from? Why, it came from a "brief" definition of "nature" (treating people like they are your personal dictionaries rather than learning how to look things up shows you have no real desire to learn). Anyway, that word and brief definition read like this:

Nature: is the substance/essence viewed as the source of activities (or that whereby a thing does what it does) There's nothing about a "person" involved in the word or definition. See, divine nature is "rational," as is angelic nature and human nature...thus a person possessing that nature will have mental faculties whereby to think. A rock is not "rational," and therefore a "rock nature" does not allow one to think. Why do fish swim or birds fly...there not persons...because it is their natures. The same reason fish can't soar above mountains and birds can get oxygen from the water. Your question is nonsensical and has nothing to actually do with where you ripped it from. The very fact that you don't know these things to begin with means you won't understand the answers and based on the number of times even I have seen you ask them it appears that you are unable to understand.

TheLayman

Yahchristian

See your question? Here it is: Does Jesus have one "source of activities" or two? But where did the words "source of activities" come from? Why, it came from a "brief" definition of "nature" (treating people like they are your personal dictionaries rather than learning how to look things up shows you have no real desire to learn). Anyway, that word and brief definition read

So what is your FULL definition of “nature” (substance/essence)?

Fill in the blank and tell us...

Does Jesus have one “_______________” or two?

Your BRIEF definition was...

Nature: is the substance/essence viewed as the source of activities (or that whereby a thing does what it does)

Last edited: