Neither Jesus Nor God From Heaven Spoke In Heavenly Tongues When The Holy Spirit Fell On Jesus At John's Baptism of Him.

tbeachhead

No. That's in the gospels more than once. It represents one of the greatest boons a believer has being filled with the Spirit with the gifts Paul describes. These gifts, the Cessationist claims, are not for today, and I mention them because, since arrests are obviously for today, the gifts proved necessary, indeed valid and effective, for the arrested.

I think I'm beginning to understand your claim, now. Correct me if I'm wrong:

You're claiming that, because, when the Holy Spirit came both visibly and audibly on the day of Pentecost, He set the standard for His coming, and no experience of Him is valid unless there are sounds like rushing, mighty winds, and individual flames over folks' head?

Is that right? You're looking for visible manifestations?

Can I help you understand why that is so weird a claim, and absolutely unbiblical?

The analogous coming of the Holy Spirit in the OT happened when the Spirit of God lit the fires on the altars of the Temple, and entered the Holy of Holies. You had actual fires, and sounds and...get this...the "priests could not stand to minister." You had the same drunken behavior evident on the Day of Pentecost after the Resurrection.

Now, understand this: NO ONE in the days of Solomon ever claimed that NO sacrifice was ever valid unless it was lit by God, and not by matches. That fire from heaven happened once then...and then, once again with Elijah on Mt. Carmel a few hundred years later. The priests, fortunately, recovered and stood and ministered. Your expectations are artificially ginned up to unbiblical levels.

On the other hand, the history of the church is rife with the Holy Spirit appearing over venues, for example at Azusa street, as a rainbow drawing folks from the highways to see what was happening. It has often happened that folks could not "stand to minister" when the Holy Spirit came upon them. The press coined the term "holy rollers" to describe what was happening in the late nineteenth century during the famous holiness tent revivals in Kansas.
Just curious...was this an adequate answer? Do you understand now that you've been using the absence of chimaera to prove a flawed theory...and not valid, biblical arguments?

tbeachhead

Did you forget writing the words "look and see" and "we?" Perhaps they were just rambled as part of supposed rema talk.
BTW...I don't forget writing the words "look and see"...or "we." But...do you remember the sentence you truncated?

Here's what I actually said, "In what way do anecdotes drawn from todays web clarify scripture? ANSWER THAT, and we can look and see."

Until you tell me what biblical evidence contemporary anecdotes provide to prove biblical principles, there is nothing to look at. You have not provided a single answer to any one of my posts. Is that why you gave up your arguments?

CharismaticLady

There exist no accounts apart from Scripture of the supernatural features detailed in Acts ch. 2 and other passages.

So you think our New Covenant ended with the apostles? You do know don't you that nothing changes inside a covenant until the covenant, itself, ends by the maker of the covenant. IOW all the gifts of the Spirit are still in operation today until Jesus comes again.

cc: @tbeachhead, for your edification too, brother

tbeachhead

So you think our New Covenant ended with the apostles? You do know don't you that nothing changes inside a covenant until the covenant, itself, ends by the maker of the covenant. IOW all the gifts of the Spirit are still in operation today until Jesus comes again.

cc: @tbeachhead, for your edification too, brother
He stopped answering. Getting refuted is an unexpected result of posting erroneous ideas that are widely taught and left unquestioned by enforced ignorance.

Our Lord's God

Shocking, but wholly true.

As well, the Angels in Scripture only spoke the common language of those they appeared to. The Angels seen in the various Visions and Visitations to Heaven did not speak any "Heavenly Languages," but always spoke the Earthly language of the Prophets involved.

Edit per mod. Do not misrepresent others.

From the rules:

No name-calling, insults, or mockery of a board poster/member. No negative comments of any sort concerning any board poster/member/moderator/administrator. The rule applies only to forum posters/members. Posters are personally responsible for any comments made on persons, not members of the forum.

Do not discuss a board poster on the forums/visitor messages/chat, do not comment using their user name, and, most importantly, no disrespectful comments about our Lord.

Go and read Matthew 15:24 and think about it for awhile.

CharismaticLady

Shocking, but wholly true.

As well, the Angels in Scripture only spoke the common language of those they appeared to. The Angels seen in the various Visions and Visitations to Heaven did not speak any "Heavenly Languages," but always spoke the Earthly language of the Prophets involved.

Edit per mod. Do not misrepresent others.

From the rules:

No name-calling, insults, or mockery of a board poster/member. No negative comments of any sort concerning any board poster/member/moderator/administrator. The rule applies only to forum posters/members. Posters are personally responsible for any comments made on persons, not members of the forum.

Do not discuss a board poster on the forums/visitor messages/chat, do not comment using their user name, and, most importantly, no disrespectful comments about our Lord.

Jesus could hear God plainly. And He could pray to God directly. He didn't NEED tongues. We do.

eyesmile

Jesus could hear God plainly. And He could pray to God directly. He didn't NEED tongues. We do.

1Co 13:1

(1) If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Certainly indicates angels have a language all their own also.

CharismaticLady

1Co 13:1

(1) If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Certainly indicates angels have a language all their own also.

Yes, and I imagine if we speak in tongues (not knowing the language) we could be speaking in the angelic tongue. God understands all languages, as He created them, except pig-latin.