Nine out of 10 Illinois sheriffs WILL NOT ENFORCE new gun law

It matters because it's murder.
You said that murder was a legal term.
If abortion is not prosecutable, in what sense is it murder?
Yes it does. Your being silly.

Humans don't have will power? The ability to reason?
Their ability to reason does not always override their instincts.

Or, did you think it did?
I will say it again because it's true. Abstinence works every time it's tried. It never fails.
Willpower fails.

Which is why "just say no" fails.

You said that murder was a legal term.
If abortion is not prosecutable, in what sense is it murder?

Their ability to reason does not always override their instincts.

Or, did you think it did?

Willpower fails.

Which is why "just say no" fails.
So because OJ was found innocent he was not a murderer? Murder is murder. I don't need the state to define it for me.

No works every time it's tried. It NEVER fails. If you do not want yo get pregnant do not have sex. Or at least take the necessary precautions.

So because OJ was found innocent he was not a murderer?
Not sure what this has to do with legal abortions - OJ Simpson was accused of a crime, and legal abortions are not crimes.
Murder is murder. I don't need the state to define it for me.
Er... OK - legal abortion is murder, as you define it.

So what? Women are aborting and walking the streets - your definiton has no consequences, so it means nothing.
No works every time it's tried. It NEVER fails.
So every attempt at abstinence, results in abstinence?

Not sure what this has to do with legal abortions - OJ Simpson was accused of a crime, and legal abortions are not crimes.

Er... OK - legal abortion is murder, as you define it.

So what? Women are aborting and walking the streets - your definiton has no consequences, so it means nothing.

So every attempt at abstinence, results in abstinence?
He was found innocent. So no murder was committed. The state says so.

Exactly.

There is a difference between simply attempting and succeeding. Successful abstinence means no unwanted pregnancy. 100% of the time. Arguing now for the sake of argument?

He was found innocent. So no murder was committed. The state says so.
The state does not say that no murder was committed; it says that there was insufficient evidence for the jury to convict.

"Not guilty" doesn't mean "didn't do it".

If women are not punished for having abortions, why does it matter that it is "murder"?

("Because murder is murder" adds nothing to the discussion; it is a tautology.
Consequences matter.)
There is a difference between simply attempting and succeeding.
Which is exactly what I've been trying to tell you - you conflate attempting, and succeeding.
Successful abstinence means no unwanted pregnancy. 100% of the time.
Agreed.
The problem is the gap between "try" and "successful".

The state does not say that no murder was committed.
It says that twelve people did not convict him of murder.

If women are not punished for having abortions, why does it matter that it is "murder"?

("Because murder is murder" adds nothing to the discussion; it is a tautology.
Consequences matter.)

Which is exactly what I've been trying to tell you - you conflate attempting, and succeeding.

Agreed.
The problem is the gap between "try" and "successful".
If he was not convicted he is innocent. What does "not guilty mean"?

Murder does not matter? Was the Holocaust murder? Guess not. According to the German goverment it was fine and dandy.

Successful abstinence works every time succeed. LOL Better. Do you dispute this claim?

The word 'if' that was used already means it might or might not have been. So am I right in thinking you only asked it to avoid answering the question?

Since you didnt object to UK schools not obeying the Education Act, why would you object to Sherrifs not obeying the law?
I have no opinion on what UK schools do. I am not familiar with their education system or the relevant laws.

OTOH, the actual JOB of a sheriff is to enforce the law. This is a step or two beyond obeying the law.

I have no opinion on what UK schools do. I am not familiar with their education system or the relevant laws.

OTOH, the actual JOB of a sheriff is to enforce the law. This is a step or two beyond obeying the law.
So if the law were to round up people into a concentration camp, you would comply.

"Nine in 10 of the state’s sheriffs, joining with gun-rights advocates in declaring the prohibition unconstitutional, have sworn off zealous enforcement of the law. It prohibits the manufacture or possession of dozens of rapid-fire weapons and attachments and requires registration of those previously owned ..."

It looks like "we the people" have just about had it with the un-Americans among us.
They are doing the right thing. This will be struck down via Bruen and a lower court has already done so.

If he was not convicted he is innocent. What does "not guilty mean"?
"Not guilty" does not mean "innocent".

"Innocent" means "didn't do it".
"Not guilty" means "the prosecution didn't convince the jury".
Murder does not matter?
Of course it does.
But calling a thing "murder", when there are no legal consequences, does not matter.
Was the Holocaust murder?
Under Nazi German law, very likely - why else would it have been carried out in secret?
According to the German goverment it was fine and dandy.
Uhhh... no.
Can you cite the laws that allowed for the extermination of "undesirables"?
Successful abstinence works every time succeed. LOL Better. Do you dispute this claim?
No.

"Attempts at abstinence do not always lead to success."

Do you dispute this claim?

They are doing the right thing. This will be struck down via Bruen and a lower court has already done so.
But the left is so blinded by their ideology they can't recognize that. Reminds me of Jude.

"But these men revile whatever they do not understand, and by those things that they know by instinct as irrational animals do, they are destroyed. Woe to them! For they walk in the way of Cain, and abandon themselves for the sake of gain to Balaam's error, and perish in Korah's rebellion. These are blemishes on your love feasts, as they boldly carouse together, looking after themselves; waterless clouds, carried along by winds; fruitless trees in late autumn, twice dead, uprooted; wild waves of the sea, casting up the foam of their own shame; wandering stars for whom the nether gloom of darkness has been reserved for ever. It was of these also that Enoch in the seventh generation from Adam prophesied, saying, "Behold, the Lord came with his holy myriads, to execute judgment on all, and to convict all the ungodly of all their deeds of ungodliness which they have committed in such an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against him." These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own passions, loud-mouthed boasters, flattering people to gain advantage. But you must remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; they said to you, "In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions.'" - Jude 1:10-18 RSV​

Back