No longer a need to argue?

Whateverman

I think there may be less reason for atheists like me to take Christians to task then there used to be. What do you think?

One of the reasons I am such a zealot is because I see how Christianity can have a negative impact on my country. I saw Americans basing their ideas for laws on The Bible instead of facts and reasons (e.g. abortion). I saw Christians trying to teach Intelligent Design in the science class. I saw Christians trying to tell students that Evolution was not fact and the Earth was 6,000 years old. And I felt a need to oppose this because it impacted me and my family.

Now I think the nation has changed and this may no longer be the case.

Christianity is in decline and more people are either non-believers or just do not let their faith drive their politics. I do not think there is a huge Christian influence on our laws and classrooms anymore. It is still there but I do not think it is as much of a threat as it used to be.

So I ask myself - why argue about Christianity then?

If people believe in God it is fine by me. People can believe in Jesus or Allah or Shiva - its a free country. And if that belief is not impacting me in any way then why on Earth am I seeking out conflict here on CARM?

I think tis possible that my original need to fight on these boards is moot. The nation changed and the impact of Christianity on my life is now about nil. I wonder if I am flexing this muscle out of habit or, worse, out of malice or some need to stroke my ego. And that's not healthy.

Maybe its time I changed too and just embrace everyone's beliefs - as long as they do not harm anyone else.

Anyhoo, I've been doing some soul searching and wanted to share :)
Thanks for this.

I don't mean to try convincing you you're wrong; if you've decided there's no longer a need to argue with Christians here (and/or everywhere else), then that's something I can't debate.

However, I'd like to point out that @Five Solas and I had an exchange this last month, and the substance of it might cause you to doubt your reasoning (behind your conclusion). Unfortunately, I haven't spent the time to look for it before responding (and I will try to link it here soon), but the gist was that there are studies which show that only the moderate Christian demographic is shrinking. The same studies show that fundamentalist Christianity is growing.

This means the people you might have been able to reason with are either deconverting, or moving into an area where conversation is useless (ie. fundamentalism). You might want to take a closer look at the decline of Christianity in the US; it appears to be being accompanied by a rise in fundamentalism.

If true, this might be a good reason to not stop...

Lighthearted Atheist

Well, you're obviously not paying attention.
So, if this isn't working, then pay attention.
I never said to "just listen to me, and not look for evidence."
I've repeatedly stated, hundreds of times now,
Read.
Learn
Do what Jesus said.
God will give you all the evidence that is necessary.
Yes. You keep saying, "listen to me and do what Jesus said" without any reason to believe any of it is real. You might as well says, "do what Mohamad said" or "do what Lord brahma said." You just want us to obey you without any reason. That's silly.

You have no no argument. No evidence. No proof. You just yell.

And you Cannot. Stop. Insulting. Us.

Its almost pathological.
If keeping the teachings of Jesus is making people leave christianity in droves, then they were never followers of Jesus in the first place.
OK. Then the true followers of Jesus will be a shrinking minority in the USA. And your shouting and insulting people will probably not bring more people in.

Which is cool! I am just not sure if that is why you post here.
Well, if you hear shouting, from written conversation, then you should see a doctor. I'm not shouting. I'm writing words on a written medium.
lol
You sound like you're scared that you'll actually enjoy yourself come eternity.
Nope. I enjoy myself every day right now. I have no reason to believe there is an eternity for any of us after death.

Thanks. I will not 'do what Jesus said' just because you say to. I will not just do what Mohamad said. Or Lord brahma.

But thanks for the chat.

SteveB

Yes. You keep saying, "listen to me and do what Jesus said" without any reason to believe any of it is real. You might as well says, "do what Mohamad said" or "do what Lord brahma said." You just want us to obey you without any reason. That's silly.
Now you really are just insulting yourself.

Tell me, what is this statement saying?

Joh 14:23 WEB Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.

Who is talking?

What is he telling us?

You have no no argument. No evidence. No proof. You just yell.
Yeah, you need to see a psychiatrist. You obviously believe that written words on a digital media are yelling. There's a psychiatric problem with this.

And you Cannot. Stop. Insulting. Us.
Then
stop
insulting
yourself.

Its almost pathological.
I'd agree that your belief that written content can be yelling is a psychiatric problem. Please, go see a doctor.

OK. Then the true followers of Jesus will be a shrinking minority in the USA.
And you have clearly ignored what has been previously stated

Mat 7:13-14 WEB 13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in by it. 14 How narrow is the gate and the way is restricted that leads to life! There are few who find it.

Luk 13:24 WEB “Strive to enter in by the narrow door, for many, I tell you, will seek to enter in and will not be able.

Most people will exclude themselves from eternal life.

And your shouting and insulting people will probably not bring more people in.
Seriously, get psychiatric help. That you actually think written communication is yelling, it's got me concerned about your wellbeing.

Which is cool! I am just not sure if that is why you post here.
My reasons are mine, and doesn't require your permission or approval.

Yep. Evidence that you're in need of psychiatric care.

Nope. I enjoy myself every day right now. I have no reason to believe there is an eternity for any of us after death.
Obviously not.
You keep telling me what I'm allowed to write, you tell me that the truth is insulting to you, and blame me for telling you the truth, all while denying the truth, and then stating that written content is yelling, and then try to make me responsible for the choices of others who may or may not love the truth.

You have serious spiritual issues.

Thanks. I will not 'do what Jesus said' just because you say to. I will not just do what Mohamad said. Or Lord brahma.
Then you will perish in your sin and place yourself in hell, and ultimately the lake of fire.

But thanks for the chat.
You're welcome.

Furion

I have no idea what you are talking about here. I do not even know what Type A Aggressive Atheism is. I like to debate on this forum. I never debate religion in real life - I think it is rude to call out someone's beliefs for no good reason. So when my Hindu friends tell me Ganesha helped with the Vaccine I just smile.

However, this is a forum where Christians willingly come to answer hard questions from atheists. It seems silly to cry about hard questions from atheists

If I am so bad then just ignore me. Or admit that you cannot answer my questions. Or admit that I hit a nerve and it bothers you that you cannot explain why God is love as he gives kids cancer. or post on Christian sites where no one asks hard questions. You do you.

But whining about how aggressive I am during a debate is just silliness.
It would be aggressive atheists, who come to "argue" with christians. Like you.

Now I know you have a thread bemoaning about arguing with christians. A non existent soul search is what you called it. So it must itch your soul or something...if you had one I guess. You don't happen to have red hair, do you?

No, this exercise is for you to be honest with your feelings.

Okie Dokie.

Furion

Thanks for this.

I don't mean to try convincing you you're wrong; if you've decided there's no longer a need to argue with Christians here (and/or everywhere else), then that's something I can't debate.

However, I'd like to point out that @Five Solas and I had an exchange this last month, and the substance of it might cause you to doubt your reasoning (behind your conclusion). Unfortunately, I haven't spent the time to look for it before responding (and I will try to link it here soon), but the gist was that there are studies which show that only the moderate Christian demographic is shrinking. The same studies show that fundamentalist Christianity is growing.

This means the people you might have been able to reason with are either deconverting, or moving into an area where conversation is useless (ie. fundamentalism). You might want to take a closer look at the decline of Christianity in the US; it appears to be being accompanied by a rise in fundamentalism.

If true, this might be a good reason to not stop...
Ya, that five sola guy, you've almost converted him.

I think the light atheist may gain a skip in his step that a "moderate" christian thinks fundies are falling from the sky.

Electric Skeptic

I have to say that I admire the way you handle yourself on here. In this thread you have been subject to baseless attacks by at least two different 'Christians' and in both cases you turned the other cheek and refused to respond in kind. Instead you merely addressed their arguments civilly. I admire that. It's something I find very hard to do.

Furion

I have to say that I admire the way you handle yourself on here. In this thread you have been subject to baseless attacks by at least two different 'Christians' and in both cases you turned the other cheek and refused to respond in kind. Instead you merely addressed their arguments civilly. I admire that. It's something I find very hard to do.
My apologies for not laying down and taking it.

Okey Dokey.

Authentic Nouveau

How many millions killed by baseless attacks by atheists?

Lighthearted Atheist

Now you really are just insulting yourself.

Tell me, what is this statement saying?

Joh 14:23 WEB Jesus answered him, “If a man loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our home with him.

Who is talking?
You. You are talking to me.

You are pointing to an ancient book and saying, "this was said by the son of God and you should believe it." You are posting Bible quotes on the CARM forum and telling me to obey them.

Jesus is not talking to me on this forum.

Just.

You.
Yeah, you need to see a psychiatrist. You obviously believe that written words on a digital media are yelling. There's a psychiatric problem with this.
lol - well played :)
And you have clearly ignored what has been previously stated

Mat 7:13-14 WEB 13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter in by it. 14 How narrow is the gate and the way is restricted that leads to life! There are few who find it.

Luk 13:24 WEB “Strive to enter in by the narrow door, for many, I tell you, will seek to enter in and will not be able.

Most people will exclude themselves from eternal life.
Steve says, "this is from the son of God and you better listen!"

Again.

With no way to prove he is right.

Just Steve.

Telling me to listen to his god and ignore the other 10,000+ gods.

Without any evidence or proof.

Just.

Steve.
My reasons are mine, and doesn't require your permission or approval.
Ah - and now Steve has given up even the thinnest pretense of proving he is right. We are just supposed to listen to Steve when he says the words he post come from a god.

I see no reason to believe you are right and my Hindu friends are wrong so - no.
You're welcome.
:)

Lighthearted Atheist

Thanks dude. It is actually kind of like boot camp. If I can calmly reply to the histrionics on this forum then I am well set for my day job. I try to get people to remove emotion, blame of what was said last week, and just evaluate the current problem and how to fix it. Because that is what works.

It can be hard to ignore someone who is going bonkers with emotion - to not get sucked into the 'last week you said' nonsense. CARM is like my training camp for things that actually matter.

As crazy as work gets no one ever calls me lazy, ignorant, illiterate, and doomed to eternal suffering in a lake of fire because one of my projects is late :)

PS: Histrionics is a great word.

Lighthearted Atheist

Thanks for the chat everyone - time for me for me to punch out. I do not see a purpose to me spending my time and energy here anymore.

Secular Humanism is on the rise as Christianity dwindles into minority. Young Christians who go to college and see empiricism are leaving the faith in droves before they hit 21. They are not being brought back to Christ with the kinds of arguments we see here on CARM.

So I see no need to hammer on a few CARM people who cling to their faith - Christianity seems harmless to me now. Its like Scientology - it is not great for society but we have bigger problems to tackle.

I also find myself saying unkind things here recently - and that is just not healthy. I also no longer enjoy debating people who have espoused truly vile morality, justified infanticide, and said every Hindu child deserves to burn. Those are not people I would associate with in real life - that kind of hate is a toxicity to be excised from your life -- not engaged.

And if there was ever a desire for CARM Christians to prove their beliefs I think it is gone now. Instead Christians just repeat "believe in Jesus or burn" ad nauseum. They are not even following scripture anymore - just some home built delusion where they go to heaven and the rest of us suffer. Its not even fun to push back anymore.

I am reminded of a delusional man on the DC Metro who loudly claimed he was going to raise the sea levels by 3 yards so we should all head for high ground. I didn't not ask him to prove why he believed that. I do not know why I am asking someone who claims to know God and that evolution is a lie to prove their beliefs either.

So I'm taking a break - good luck everyone. I hope whatever you believe brings you peace and joy - and I hope you treat everyone, even non-Christians, with kindness.

But I did finally find faith.

The CARM Christians kids and grandkids are the hope now - and so far they show a lot of promise. They are abandoning Christianity and rejecting their parent's idea that people deserve to burn. They are embracing Secular Humanism and kindness to all.

I put my faith in them :)

SteveB

You. You are talking to me.
Indeed I am.
Yet, you continue to post things that show you are insulting yourself.
You are pointing to an ancient book and saying, "this was said by the son of God and you should believe it." You are posting Bible quotes on the CARM forum and telling me to obey them.
Actually, I'm presenting you with the information, from God's Word, which has been empirically true, and factual since it as stated by YHVH, and he himself has invited us to come and learn for ourselves their factuality, and veracity for millennia.

Jesus told his followers way back when to go out, make the same information know, and give the same invitation.
So, I am indeed presenting it, stating that it's all true, and you should believe it, and I'm also stating, and more so--- you're more than welcome to come and test it for yourself, on God's explicitly stated terms, and in doing so, as God told us who follow Jesus, so he's stating to you--- I will demonstrate myself True, and Living to all who come follow Jesus.

Jesus is not talking to me on this forum.
He's speaking to you. It's up to you to decide whether you'll listen or not. He's not going to twist your arm, force you to choose, or in any way use intimidation to coerce you. He will however give you the truth, and leave the decision up to you. And that includes the really unpleasant truth of your eternal destiny, should you chose to say--- no thanks. Not interested.

As Jesus said in Matthew 12---

18 “Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased!
I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break, And smoking flax He will not quench, Till He sends forth justice to victory; 21 And in His name Gentiles will trust.”

And like God did with Elijah, in 1 Kings 18-19.

11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.​
13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”​

God doesn't scream, or yell. He speaks very softly, almost to the point of a whisper. So, if you're not going to listen to him, his voice will grow increasingly soft, to the point where you simply will not be able to hear it anymore, and at that point, you will be forever cut off from his mercies.

Just. You.
Oh, he's talking. He's been talking since the beginning of creation.
Furthermore, he's given it to creation, who is also speaking.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world.

The heavens are declaring it.
The word for declare means

to count, recount, relate

1. (Qal)
    1. to count (things)
    2. to number, take account of, reckon
  2. (Niphal) to be counted, be numbered
  3. (Piel) to recount, rehearse, declare
    1. to recount (something), rehearse
    2. to talk
    3. to count exactly or accurately
  4. (Pual) to be recounted, be rehearsed, be related

So..... As God said in Deuteronomy-- I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day.....

lol - well played :)

Well, you are the one who said I was yelling at you. 🤷‍♂️

Steve says, "this is from the son of God and you better listen!"

Again.

With no way to prove he is right.

Just Steve.
Actually, Jesus said that he would prove himself right. Or are you actually telling me you're not paying attention to this when I post it?

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

I don't know about you, but when someone tells me they'll come and make their home with me, if I had any problems whatsoever with their reality, once we get settled in to living under the same roof with each other--- all the questions of their reality would vanish. There's just something about living with someone which blows the question of their existence out of the water.

Telling me to listen to his god and ignore the other 10,000+ gods.
Actually, one former Brahman I was acquainted with said it's more like 30 million, and you've been ignoring them long before you came here. So, quit giving such poor excuses. It's insulting you.

Without any evidence or proof.

Just.

Steve.
Nope. YHVH is quite capable of giving proof/evidence of himself.
Besides that you actually use this as yet another excuse is really insulting, and I find myself wonder at just how long you're going to continue to insult yourself, while trying to make it appear that you're using your intellect here.

Stop! Please....

We both know that I could drop tons of evidence on you, and you'd never believe any of it, because we both know, you're not actually interested in the truth (as demonstrated by your refusal to come to Jesus himself, for yourself).
You refuse to take the evidence that is catered directly to you, from YHVH himself, and then point the finger back at those who are talking to you, and telling you----

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

I've been married to my wife for almost 31 years now. There's been no mistaking her as real.
In like manner, I've been following Jesus for almost 44 years now, and there's been no problem mistaking him as real.

Ah - and now Steve has given up even the thinnest pretense of proving he is right. We are just supposed to listen to Steve when he says the words he post come from a god.
I'm not the one who is acting with pretense, and falsehood.

I see no reason to believe you are right and my Hindu friends are wrong so - no.
Of course not. Because you lack the moral fortitude to come and find out for yourself. As demonstrated by your ongoing, repetitively showing forth of your self-insults on yourself.
Grow a pair of balls, and be a man. Because it's growing really old seeing you continue to insult yourself, and then blaming others.

Lighthearted Atheist

Indeed I am.
Yet, you continue to post things that show you are insulting yourself.

Actually, I'm presenting you with the information, from God's Word, which has been empirically true, and factual since it as stated by YHVH, and he himself has invited us to come and learn for ourselves their factuality, and veracity for millennia.

Jesus told his followers way back when to go out, make the same information know, and give the same invitation.
So, I am indeed presenting it, stating that it's all true, and you should believe it, and I'm also stating, and more so--- you're more than welcome to come and test it for yourself, on God's explicitly stated terms, and in doing so, as God told us who follow Jesus, so he's stating to you--- I will demonstrate myself True, and Living to all who come follow Jesus.

He's speaking to you. It's up to you to decide whether you'll listen or not. He's not going to twist your arm, force you to choose, or in any way use intimidation to coerce you. He will however give you the truth, and leave the decision up to you. And that includes the really unpleasant truth of your eternal destiny, should you chose to say--- no thanks. Not interested.

As Jesus said in Matthew 12---

18 “Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased!
I will put My Spirit upon Him, And He will declare justice to the Gentiles.
19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, Nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets.
20 A bruised reed He will not break, And smoking flax He will not quench, Till He sends forth justice to victory; 21 And in His name Gentiles will trust.”

And like God did with Elijah, in 1 Kings 18-19.

11 Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.​
13 So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”​

God doesn't scream, or yell. He speaks very softly, almost to the point of a whisper. So, if you're not going to listen to him, his voice will grow increasingly soft, to the point where you simply will not be able to hear it anymore, and at that point, you will be forever cut off from his mercies.

Oh, he's talking. He's been talking since the beginning of creation.
Furthermore, he's given it to creation, who is also speaking.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world.

The heavens are declaring it.
The word for declare means

to count, recount, relate

1. (Qal)
    1. to count (things)
    2. to number, take account of, reckon
  2. (Niphal) to be counted, be numbered
  3. (Piel) to recount, rehearse, declare
    1. to recount (something), rehearse
    2. to talk
    3. to count exactly or accurately
  4. (Pual) to be recounted, be rehearsed, be related

So..... As God said in Deuteronomy-- I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day.....

Well, you are the one who said I was yelling at you. 🤷‍♂️

Actually, Jesus said that he would prove himself right. Or are you actually telling me you're not paying attention to this when I post it?

I don't know about you, but when someone tells me they'll come and make their home with me, if I had any problems whatsoever with their reality, once we get settled in to living under the same roof with each other--- all the questions of their reality would vanish. There's just something about living with someone which blows the question of their existence out of the water.

Actually, one former Brahman I was acquainted with said it's more like 30 million, and you've been ignoring them long before you came here. So, quit giving such poor excuses. It's insulting you.

Nope. YHVH is quite capable of giving proof/evidence of himself.
Besides that you actually use this as yet another excuse is really insulting, and I find myself wonder at just how long you're going to continue to insult yourself, while trying to make it appear that you're using your intellect here.

Stop! Please....

We both know that I could drop tons of evidence on you, and you'd never believe any of it, because we both know, you're not actually interested in the truth (as demonstrated by your refusal to come to Jesus himself, for yourself).
You refuse to take the evidence that is catered directly to you, from YHVH himself, and then point the finger back at those who are talking to you, and telling you----

I've been married to my wife for almost 31 years now. There's been no mistaking her as real.
In like manner, I've been following Jesus for almost 44 years now, and there's been no problem mistaking him as real.

I'm not the one who is acting with pretense, and falsehood.

Of course not. Because you lack the moral fortitude to come and find out for yourself. As demonstrated by your ongoing, repetitively showing forth of your self-insults on yourself.
Grow a pair of balls, and be a man. Because it's growing really old seeing you continue to insult yourself, and then blaming others.
This is just nonsense. More Bible verses that you cannot prove. Its like you think repetition eventually equals truth.

But I am glad it makes you happy.

SteveB

This is just nonsense. More Bible verses that you cannot prove. Its like you think repetition eventually equals truth.

But I am glad it makes you happy.
You're continuing to insult yourself.
YHVH does the proving when you obey his word.
Your ongoing refusal to engage him on his terms just adds wrath to your existing condemnation.

Furion

Thanks for the chat everyone - time for me for me to punch out. I do not see a purpose to me spending my time and energy here anymore.

Secular Humanism is on the rise as Christianity dwindles into minority. Young Christians who go to college and see empiricism are leaving the faith in droves before they hit 21. They are not being brought back to Christ with the kinds of arguments we see here on CARM.

So I see no need to hammer on a few CARM people who cling to their faith - Christianity seems harmless to me now. Its like Scientology - it is not great for society but we have bigger problems to tackle.

I also find myself saying unkind things here recently - and that is just not healthy. I also no longer enjoy debating people who have espoused truly vile morality, justified infanticide, and said every Hindu child deserves to burn. Those are not people I would associate with in real life - that kind of hate is a toxicity to be excised from your life -- not engaged.

And if there was ever a desire for CARM Christians to prove their beliefs I think it is gone now. Instead Christians just repeat "believe in Jesus or burn" ad nauseum. They are not even following scripture anymore - just some home built delusion where they go to heaven and the rest of us suffer. Its not even fun to push back anymore.

I am reminded of a delusional man on the DC Metro who loudly claimed he was going to raise the sea levels by 3 yards so we should all head for high ground. I didn't not ask him to prove why he believed that. I do not know why I am asking someone who claims to know God and that evolution is a lie to prove their beliefs either.

So I'm taking a break - good luck everyone. I hope whatever you believe brings you peace and joy - and I hope you treat everyone, even non-Christians, with kindness.

The CARM Christians kids and grandkids are the hope now - and so far they show a lot of promise. They are abandoning Christianity and rejecting their parent's idea that people deserve to burn. They are embracing Secular Humanism and kindness to all.

All three of my children, and all four of the grands, love the Lord their God.

Your "punch out" lasted all of a few hours. I have no faith in your punch outs.

It does remind me of a challenge I gave to many of you a few times.

If you want to prove to yourself you really are at peace with your view of life, the universe and everything, then log off and think no more thoughts about this whole Gawd thing. Should be even easier for you since you think the demise is nearly complete!

Try to go a day, or a week. Relax in your heart....sorry....relax your brain into the arms of the accidental universe. See if you can do it. I'm fairly certain, indeed I have faith that you cannot. It is like a worm that never dies, burrowing between the firing synopsis.

Lighthearted Atheist

All three of my children, and all four of the grands, love the Lord their God.
Okie dokie - I am glad they find peace, joy, and comfort in their faith.
Your "punch out" lasted all of a few hours. I have no faith in your punch outs.
Yeah - I was kind of venting. Not sure what I am going to do.
It does remind me of a challenge I gave to many of you a few times.

If you want to prove to yourself you really are at peace with your view of life, the universe and everything, then log off and think no more thoughts about this whole Gawd thing. Should be even easier for you since you think the demise is nearly complete!
I am at peace. I just like to debate here for some reason. I honestly do not know why I do it and that bothers me.
Try to go a day, or a week. Relax in your heart....sorry....relax your brain into the arms of the accidental universe. See if you can do it. I'm fairly certain, indeed I have faith that you cannot. It is like a worm that never dies, burrowing between the firing synopsis.
Even if that faith did burn then you have never given me a reason to believe in God instead of Allah, Shiva, or Zeus. Even if I did have a need for faith I see no reason to choose Christianity over any other religion. So I am not sure you are right.

Who knows though - if I cannot say why I post here then I suppose anything is possible :)

Lighthearted Atheist

I had a bad day - sorry for this post everyone. Not my best :)