No longer a need to argue?

Lighthearted Atheist

Where. Post it, in context. At this point you misremember or are lying. Let's discover which.
This has zero interest for me. I am not going to argue what you said or did not say 0 that's really boring. If you did not intend to tell me to fear god or if I misquoted you then I retract everything and apologize
Since you don't fear God, sounds like you'd never know.
I thought you were saying I had to fear God to know God. If not then we can move on.

Furion

This has zero interest for me. I am not going to argue what you said or did not say 0 that's really boring. If you did not intend to tell me to fear god or if I misquoted you then I retract everything and apologize

I thought you were saying I had to fear God to know God. If not then we can move on.
The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Nothing about 'knowing' or how you can believe.

Lighthearted Atheist

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Nothing about 'knowing' or how you can believe.
So now we are back to saying fear of God is the path to truth and wisdom. First, make up your mind. Second, this is just the Appeal to Force logical fallacy. It is not logical to scare people into belief.

Your idea is flawed on many levels. Which I said several posts ago. We are in circles now and you are still saying fear is a path to truth.

You do you brother :)

Lighthearted Atheist

It doesn't say truth. Do you have comprehension issues?

It says the beginning of wisdom, what does that mean to you?
You are just swimming in semantics now. You are changing your argument in every post. I honestly do not even know what you are arguing anymore.

Can you restate, clearly, what you are trying to say about fear, God, wisdom and truth?

Furion

You are just swimming in semantics now. You are changing your argument in every post. I honestly do not even know what you are arguing anymore.

Can you restate, clearly, what you are trying to say about fear, God, wisdom and truth?
I'm not "arguing" anything, silly.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Try to break it down in single ideas I guess.

Bob Carabbio

Now I think the nation has changed and this may no longer be the case.

Christianity is in decline
"Christianity" is in fine shape, just like it's always been. "Churchianity" (The institutional Visible Churches) is in decline, not so much in physical PRESENCE, but in Spiritual orientation, and social "Influence". And the U.S. Government is doing it's level best to RID itself of Biblical influence, and being pretty successful in that agenda. The Bible agrees that toward the end of days, there will be a falling away, so could be we're right on schedule, and in budget.

Lighthearted Atheist

I'm not "arguing" anything, silly.

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

Try to break it down in single ideas I guess.
And, again, fear is a terrible way to find wisdom. Fear leads to irrational behavior and beliefs. I think starting with fear of something you cannot prove is just not a great way to figure out reality.

So we disagree. You think you need people to fear a god you cannot prove. I think we need to to be calm, rational, and logical in our evaluation of the evidence to find wisdom and truth.

My way leads to every invention and discovery of humanity to date. Fear leads to people believing in ghosts and monsters under the bed.

So I humbly suggest that my way is better :)

Furion

And, again, fear is a terrible way to find wisdom. Fear leads to irrational behavior and beliefs. I think starting with fear of something you cannot prove is just not a great way to figure out reality.

So we disagree. You think you need people to fear a god you cannot prove. I think we need to to be calm, rational, and logical in our evaluation of the evidence to find wisdom and truth.

My way leads to every invention and discovery of humanity to date. Fear leads to people believing in ghosts and monsters under the bed.

So I humbly suggest that my way is better :)
So you can't even do such a simple task

Okie
Dokie

Lighthearted Atheist

So you can't even do such a simple task

Okie
Dokie
Is the task for me to fear the god you have yet to prove? I can do that - of course. I just reject your task because it makes no sense.

There are 10,000 gods. Your 'task' is for me to fear your favorite but ignore the other 9,999 for some reason you cannot articulate. That is nonsensical until you can provide some reason to fear your god when this other guy has given me the task of fearing Lord Shiva.

Should i fear God or Shiva?

or maybe fear neither until someone is able tor prove something?

Appeal to Force is not going to win you any arguments :)

ferengi

One of the reasons I am such a zealot is because I see how Christianity can have a negative impact on my country.
YOru evidence is?
I saw Americans basing their ideas for laws on The Bible instead of facts and reasons (e.g. abortion).
Prove the bible is not facts and reason.
I saw Christians trying to teach Intelligent Design in the science class.
So what - prove its not science.
I saw Christians trying to tell students that Evolution was not fact and the Earth was 6,000 years old.
So what prove its fact and that there is an old universe.
And I felt
Ans thats the only thing atheists CAN do - certainly not think.

J regia

Prove the bible is not facts and reason.
So what - prove its not science.
So what prove its fact and that there is an old universe.
But what is your evidence to support your claim that there are nine galaxies within one light year from Earth and that the average spacing between stars is less than four billion kilometres, given that Neptune is ~4.5 billion kilometres from Earth?

stiggy wiggy

But what is your evidence to support your claim that there are nine galaxies within one light year from Earth and that the average spacing between stars is less than four billion kilometres, given that Neptune is ~4.5 billion kilometres from Earth?

Where is YOUR evidence to support YOUR claim that the earth has a diameter of 1,236 miles and a circumference of 2,546 miles?

Authentic Nouveau

TOTAL: 195,035,000 deaths in God's name.

EDIT: this list is several years old, so the actual number of deaths is higher.
Satanic systemic atheism.

Your father is The devil

John 8:44 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Your BLASPHEMY tells us the Devil controls you.

Wicked atheistas/baihais can't accuse the Devil.

ferengi

Loaded question - still no proof of billions of years old universe