No one can come to me...

Theo1689

Theo is a teacher, he has said so many times. maybe high school, not college? Doesn't change that he is a teacher.

The point is that you don't pay attention when you read posts, and you have a really lousy memory.

And you apparently don't care when you make significant mistakes like this.

So I would expect him to know the rules of semi-colon use.

You still haven't demonstrated that I don't.

You have YET to support your bogus claim from an authoritative source like a grammar textbook or an official website.

So how can I "know" a "rule" that DOESN'T EXIST?

Most of us not in that profession do not remember what we earned about semi-colon use.

"earned"?

If you don't know and don't want to look it up, I can do that for you and post what I find about how to use semicolons. There are a few uses for them.

I've looked up everything there is to know.
There ISN'T any such "rule".

Sethproton

The point is that you don't pay attention when you read posts, and you have a really lousy memory.

And you apparently don't care when you make significant mistakes like this.

You still haven't demonstrated that I don't.

You have YET to support your bogus claim from an authoritative source like a grammar textbook or an official website.

So how can I "know" a "rule" that DOESN'T EXIST?

"earned"?

I've looked up everything there is to know.
There ISN'T any such "rule".
The last line is an error, and indicates the claim you make about it is false.

G

guest1

The last line is an error, and indicates the claim you make about it is false.
The solution is quite simple.

Provide a link from a reputable online source that backs up your claim .

If you can’t it means it doesn’t exist snd you made up the rule much like you make up all those false claims about Jesus.

hope this helps !!!

Sethproton

The solution is quite simple.

Provide a link from a reputable online source that backs up your claim .

If you can’t it means it doesn’t exist snd you made up the rule much like you make up all those false claims about Jesus.

hope this helps !!!
If you know an elementary school teacher, just ask her. Is a semi-colon used to connect two independent phrases. or does it connect to a subordinate phrase?
Sometimes the depth of idiocy you guys go to, to look right is trully astounding. This time the three of you are denying fundamental rules of English punctuation to try to make me look wrong
But I also know your tactics. And when it is shown what a semi-colon is used for, the three of you will pretend you knew all along

Actually, I rethought that last thought. Even when it is proven what a semi-colon is used for, you will deny it, because the experts who wrote the NASB used a semicolon, and it indicaets the way they interpret the verse

Last edited:
G

guest1

If you know an elementary school teacher, just ask her. Is a semi-colon used to connect two independent phrases. or does it connect to a subordinate phrase?
Sometimes the depth of idiocy you guys go to, to look right is trully astounding. This time theree of you are denying fundamental rules of English punctuation to try to make me look wrong
But I also know your tactics. And when it is show what a semi-colon is used for, the three of you will pretend you knew all along
If you know the rule then provide a link for the rule. I searched and your “ rule “ is mysteriously missing from google.

oops

G

guest1

You don't believe me when I tell you the rules of punctuation, so you would need to research it for yourself
The proof is I told you the truth, a semi-colon before a clause indicates it is idependent instead of subordinate
And that has nothing to do with Greek, but what i already told you: the translators of the NASB thought that a semi-colon was appropriate there to indicate it was an independent clause
Here is seths claim

“ a semi-colon before a clause indicates it is idependent instead of subordinate “

This is a made up rule rofl

T

TomFL

Sometimes the depth of idiocy you guys go to, to look right is trully astounding. This time the three of you are denying fundamental rules of English punctuation to try to make me look wrong
But I also know your tactics. And when it is shown what a semi-colon is used for, the three of you will pretend you knew all along

Actually, I rethought that last thought. Even when it is proven what a semi-colon is used for, you will deny it, because the experts who wrote the NASB used a semicolon, and it indicaets the way they interpret the verse
What is the correct way to use a semicolon?
The first way to use a semicolon is right between two independent clauses (which each have a subject and a predicate), with no other connecting words. You should use a semicolon in this way when you want to share related things that are different but equally important, in one sentence instead of two (or more), like this:

5. Semicolon definition is - a punctuation mark; used chiefly in a coordinating function between major sentence elements (such as independent clauses of a compound sentence)
https://useenglishwords.com/semicolon/

G

guest1

The first way to use a semicolon is right between two independent clauses (which each have a subject and a predicate), with no other connecting words. You should use a semicolon in this way when you want to share related things that are different but equally important, in one sentence instead of two (or more), like this:

5. Semicolon definition is - a punctuation mark; used chiefly in a coordinating function between major sentence elements (such as independent clauses of a compound sentence)
Yes seth has the rule wrong, thanks !

ReverendRV

Thanks! I use a lot of Semi-Colons...